maver "jurassic" reel line

View previous topic View next topic Go down

maver "jurassic" reel line

Post  robh107 on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:41 pm

i've just been out and bought some of this stuff to try on my float rods this season after seeing it advertised in angling times last week and after loading it onto my reels this evening i cant wait to try it!!
the line's profile is seriously smooth, it seems really strong too.... i bought the 7.7lb b/s (0.20mm dia.) and could not break it for fear of cutting my fingers to shreds.
at 5.99 for 300 yards (more than enough to fill 2 reels if you half fill them with backing if the spools are deep like on mine) it is really good value for money
it looks like it will be a brilliant line to use on the bank and i'm giving it a go this friday in the hope of clattering some decent bream and tench Very Happy
once i've used it for a day i'll let you guys know how it performs.
robh107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: maver "jurassic" reel line

Post  Lefty on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Nice one Robh, here's hoping you latch onto something to give the line a good workout.
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:47 pm

Lefty wrote:Nice one Robh, here's hoping you latch onto something to give the line a good workout.

well mate the bream average 1-3lb but there are doubles in there so hopefully i will get one or two "biggies" Very Happy Very Happy
robh107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:29 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Sounds like good line robh107, Very Happy Very Happy And a very good price, Very Happy Just loading one of my baitrunners with some RED ICE 12LB, Shocked It looks the part, But it is that smooth, When you put a knot in it to tie on the Trace, I am afraid the knot might just slip undone, I might use a little Knot glue, Shocked But your line sounds the business, Very Happy I think i will have a look in the tackle shop tomorrow, See if they have the same in 12LB, Very Happy
paddy pike

View user profile http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:35 pm

lol mate red ice is great line!!! my dad uses it in 20lb for beach fishing and cant fault it.
as far as i know the maver line is only available upto 7.7lb.... or at least thats the heaviest b/s i've seen it in
robh107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:41 pm

MAVER JURASSIC REEL LINE goes to at least 10lb
Not that i would use 10lb line for coarse fishing ( Apart from carp or barbel were i use 10lb )

I use max 3lb line for float fishing and max 6lb for ledgering i can't see why you would need any line heavier for normal coarse fishing !!

Adie
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:19 pm

lol adie at the end of the day its each to their own.... i just like to use the heaviest b/s line i can get away with (normal maximum of 6lb).... that way i have holding power in reserve just incase that really big fish does take the bait Very Happy

i've been out to give the jurassic a work out today, all i can say is wow, i didnt clatter any real clonkers (best was a 2lb chub) but it performed exceptionally well when casting and pulling the float into the swim and i have every confidence that when it does get a good workout with larger fish it will perform just as well Cool
robh107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top