easter pike hopefully

Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty easter pike hopefully

Post  stubbo on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 pm

going to have one last session this easter weekend on a water in wales probably put the deadbait rods away after but then i will be getting the fly rods out pike fly that is .............. What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3676
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  stevecrm on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:16 pm

good luck Very Happy

I will be out trying my luck on friday Very Happy
stevecrm
stevecrm

Posts : 156
Join date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  stubbo on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:19 pm

stevecrm wrote:good luck Very Happy

I will be out trying my luck on friday Very Happy
will you carry on all year for pike ste
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3676
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  stevecrm on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:35 pm

not sure, I would like to but I am also looking forward to some carp fishing too. lack of time is a problem for me at the moment Crying or Very sad
stevecrm
stevecrm

Posts : 156
Join date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  paddy pike on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:34 pm

Shocked All this talk about fly fishing for pike has got me wondering weather to get my fly rod out and have a go, Will Knock up some fly's first i think Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Posts : 1359
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 65
Location : Southport

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty winters night on the vice

Post  stubbo on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:09 pm

paddy pike wrote:Shocked All this talk about fly fishing for pike has got me wondering weather to get my fly rod out and have a go, Will Knock up some fly's first i think Very Happy
spent many a night knocking up some pike zonkers so easy to make paddy about 10 minutes apiece What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3676
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  paddy pike on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 pm

stubbo wrote:
paddy pike wrote:Shocked All this talk about fly fishing for pike has got me wondering weather to get my fly rod out and have a go, Will Knock up some fly's first i think Very Happy
spent many a night knocking up some pike zonkers so easy to make paddy about 10 minutes apiece What a Face
Very Happy Very Happy I have a few made now, so best get my (6 weight) rod out ready for to have a go Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Posts : 1359
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 65
Location : Southport

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  stubbo on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:22 pm

paddy pike wrote:
stubbo wrote:
paddy pike wrote:Shocked All this talk about fly fishing for pike has got me wondering weather to get my fly rod out and have a go, Will Knock up some fly's first i think Very Happy
spent many a night knocking up some pike zonkers so easy to make paddy about 10 minutes apiece What a Face
Very Happy Very Happy I have a few made now, so best get my (6 weight) rod out ready for to have a go Very Happy Very Happy
6 wieght paddy your having a laugh
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3676
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  paddy pike on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:28 pm

stubbo wrote:
paddy pike wrote:
stubbo wrote:
paddy pike wrote:Shocked All this talk about fly fishing for pike has got me wondering weather to get my fly rod out and have a go, Will Knock up some fly's first i think Very Happy
spent many a night knocking up some pike zonkers so easy to make paddy about 10 minutes apiece What a Face
Very Happy Very Happy I have a few made now, so best get my (6 weight) rod out ready for to have a go Very Happy Very Happy
6 wieght paddy your having a laugh
Very Happy No its as old as me, belongs to my old feller who is nearly 90, Its seen some fish in its time, And one or two Jacks, Believe me its a hell of a fight to get a 3 or 4Lb Jack to the net Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Posts : 1359
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 65
Location : Southport

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty paddys 6 weight fly rod

Post  stubbo on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:52 pm

hi paddy you would do better on a 9 or 10 weight just imagine hooking a twenty on a 6 weight it could prolong the fight to long with dire results mate i know it would be a good scrap on a 6 weight but really you need to get the fish in a bit quicker paddy.You will find the heavier rod and line will turn over the fly better i got a 10 wieght rod reel and line i think it was 69 quid the lot does the job it was designed to do Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3676
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  paddy pike on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:05 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Thats good advice Shocked Ok i will use a 9 weight Shocked Just in case i do get a larger pike than a jack Very Happy Razz Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Posts : 1359
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 65
Location : Southport

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  stubbo on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:20 pm

paddy pike wrote:Very Happy Very Happy Thats good advice Shocked Ok i will use a 9 weight Shocked Just in case i do get a larger pike than a jack Very Happy Razz Very Happy
yuo just never know what could hit that fly Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3676
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  paddy pike on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:24 pm

Very Happy Razz Glad you have high hopes for me Very Happy Razz
paddy pike
paddy pike

Posts : 1359
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 65
Location : Southport

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty drainage system

Post  stubbo on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:03 am

bieng meaning to fish a drainage system up your end any good paddy Suspect
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3676
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  esoxjeff on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 pm

easter pike



are they like easter bunnies



c
h
o
c
o
l
a
t
e
easter pike hopefully Icon_biggrin
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2008-09-09
Location : Doncaster

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  paddy pike on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:59 pm

stubbo wrote:bieng meaning to fish a drainage system up your end any good paddy Suspect
Very Happy well i like fishing the drains, there are a lot of Pike to 10Lb that are caught on a daily bassis, My best from the drains was 24Lb 6oz, but every now and then you are treated to the odd ones around 20Lb, Must admit i like fishing for the jacks, Everything is sudden with them, Not like the old girls that just take there time, When its open season you will have to have a go on the drains, The day ticket stretch is ok but if we met up you can fish anywhere while with a member, Very Happy And its good fun Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Posts : 1359
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 65
Location : Southport

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  stubbo on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:22 pm

esoxjeff wrote:easter pike



are they like easter bunnies yes but with teeth have you been out fishin jeff mybe on the fly muck alien



c
h
o
c
o
l
a
t
e
easter pike hopefully Icon_biggrin
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3676
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty the drain

Post  stubbo on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:29 pm

paddy pike wrote:
stubbo wrote:bieng meaning to fish a drainage system up your end any good paddy Suspect
Very Happy well i like fishing the drains, there are a lot of Pike to 10Lb that are caught on a daily bassis, My best from the drains was 24Lb 6oz, but every now and then you are treated to the odd ones around 20Lb, Must admit i like fishing for the jacks, Everything is sudden with them, Not like the old girls that just take there time, When its open season you will have to have a go on the drains, The day ticket stretch is ok but if we met up you can fish anywhere while with a member, Very Happy And its good fun Very Happy
yes i will look forward to that just give me the nod bin dying to have a go at them i dont live to far away about 30 minutes,,,,, cheers paddy Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3676
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  paddy pike on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:13 am

Very Happy Very Happy No Problem, You never know Gugsy Burton might just pay you a visit, He's always on the cadge for somthing new haha, Scrounging old git really but tells some great storie's, I always have a pressy for him though Very Happy Very Happy To be arranged stubbo Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Posts : 1359
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 65
Location : Southport

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty the piking pirot

Post  stubbo on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:58 pm

paddy pike wrote:Very Happy Very Happy No Problem, You never know Gugsy Burton might just pay you a visit, He's always on the cadge for somthing new haha, Scrounging old git really but tells some great storie's, I always have a pressy for him though Very Happy Very Happy To be arranged stubbo Very Happy Very Happy
met him a few times at fishing shows seems a nice fella Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3676
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  paddy pike on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:07 pm

Very Happy Very Happy He realy is a top bloke, Very Happy Loves his pikeing and allways has, does a lot of research on pike for science, Shocked
paddy pike
paddy pike

Posts : 1359
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 65
Location : Southport

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  stubbo on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:10 am

paddy pike wrote:Very Happy Very Happy He realy is a top bloke, Very Happy Loves his pikeing and allways has, does a lot of research on pike for science, Shocked
same as me paddy cant get enough of it work gets in the way sometimes then i,ve got the gran kids bit of a juggleing act Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3676
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

Back to top Go down

easter pike hopefully Empty Re: easter pike hopefully

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum