PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone. can anybody help with this fishery

+6
Andy Webster
Trent Piker
adie1200
nickcarpy
paddy pike
Lucan
10 posters

Go down

Hello everyone. can anybody help with this fishery Empty Hello everyone. can anybody help with this fishery

Post  Lucan Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:44 pm

First of all i apologise for registering and asking for help straight away but somebody kindly pointed me in your direction. My name is Lucan from Doncaster and my local fishery has been closed for fishing. Everyone who lives anywhere near Doncaster will know of the lake at sandal park (or boating lake) This may not be a fantastic fishery in comparison with some with it being in a park but it does contain some fantastic fish. I have personally seen (or seen photos of) pike to 18lb but im sure there will be larger fish and carp to 22lb. The situation is the previous leas holder decided not to renew the lease. I am currently in discussions with the council and the parks orginisation friends of sandal park and to be honest things look like they are heading in the right direction. I have currently got a facebook group "save sandal park fishery" If anyone has any interest in keeping this a fishery please join. I have arranged an unofficial meeting among anglers at the parks cafe on monday the fifth of april. If anyone could attend that has any ideas on how to run it more efficiently then please do so. Failing that (because some of you may be fishing) there will be a discussion on the facebook page afterwards.

many thanks

Lucan

Lucan

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone. can anybody help with this fishery Empty Re: Hello everyone. can anybody help with this fishery

Post  Lucan Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:55 pm

A little more info. I am forming an angling club as i am looking to take on the lease myself (or should i say as a club) I have already got permission to be affiliated with friends of sandal park who have been very helpful so far. I am also aware i would need public liability insurance. does anyone know where i can get a quote?

Lucan

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone. can anybody help with this fishery Empty Re: Hello everyone. can anybody help with this fishery

Post  paddy pike Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:34 am

Very Happy Welcome to the site Lucan Very Happy Sorry i can not help, But i hope there is somone here who can Very Happy Good Luck Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:26 am

hi lucan,thanks for putting the post up,ive joined the face book page.the meeting on monday may be a bit short notice for some on here has they might be away but hopefully with a bit more notice they/we can help Very Happy : still put the meeting time and day up in the dates section.for insurrance try NFU ,in yellow pages mate.good luck Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:17 am

Hi Lucan and welcome to our site mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Glad to hear you are taking on the fight to keep fishing at said lake Wink
Just one thing i'm sorry to have to point out we have a no naming policy on this site Sad
But i'm going to wait and see what Andy ( Admin ) has to say o this one !!

Best of luck mate Wink
And its nice to see yet another Donny lad on here lol we seem to be taking over Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Also i'm sorry to say i wont be able make the meeting on monday as i'm camping with our bike club this weekend and wont be back until monday afternoon !!

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:26 am

I can't find "save sandal park fishery" group on facebook !!
Can you put a link up Lucan Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:50 am

adie i told lucan to post link mate, Embarassed Embarassed reason is to tell people about it.think andy will be ok about but will have to wait and see Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:13 pm

I've found it on facebook now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sandal is spelt Sandall on facebook Very Happy Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucan Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:36 pm

oops my mistake. thanks for joining those who have.

Lucan

Back to top Go down

Post  Trent Piker Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:12 pm

I'm not from Donny but joined the group anyway Smile
Good luck!
Trent Piker
Trent Piker

http://www.trentpiker.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Hi Lucan

I am happy for you to use www.pikeangler.co.uk to publicise your attempts to keep Sandall Park open as a fishery. I take my 3 year old to the park quite a lot, although I haven't fished there.

Good luck

Andy Webster

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucan Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:24 pm

many thanks to those who have joined the group. a meeting has been arranged with the council now so things are moving forward

Lucan

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:11 am

Lucan, i can help you get insurance, P.M with your phone number Very Happy

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:37 pm

Hi there Lucan.

I don't often look at this secton of the forum and have just noticed your post.I've had some nice pike from there.

When come off here I'll be logging into Facebook and joining up.

Best of luck with the venture.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucan Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:37 pm

cheers lefty and pm sent steve French

Lucan

Back to top Go down

Post  Esox Fever Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:46 am

Welcome to the site. Very Happy
Esox Fever
Esox Fever

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:35 am

hi lucan welcome to the site

i have just joined your facebook page..............hope it goes well
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum