the camera never lies

Go down

the camera never lies Empty the camera never lies

Post  stubbo on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:27 am

anybody out there like me ever looked at some of these photos of pike in the press and thought thats never a twenty or the weight thats stated if like me its a quick photo hastily taken then back as quick as poss .Then at the other end of the scale there are ways of making the fish look a lot bigger on camera mine all seem to look small than the weight they are like the phto of my 28 lb fish does not look it believe it or not the guy who helped me land the fish thought it was a thirty in the net looking at some of the photos on the forums gallery some look enormous think i will have to get a decent camera dont get me wrong i,m not having a go at anybody fish size and wieghts that is.At the end of the day you are only fooling yourself. Suspect
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

the camera never lies Empty Re: the camera never lies

Post  esoxjeff on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:09 pm

stubbo wrote:anybody out there like me ever looked at some of these photos of pike in the press and thought thats never a twenty or the weight thats stated if like me its a quick photo hastily taken then back as quick as poss .Then at the other end of the scale there are ways of making the fish look a lot bigger on camera mine all seem to look small than the weight they are like the phto of my 28 lb fish does not look it believe it or not the guy who helped me land the fish thought it was a thirty in the net looking at some of the photos on the forums gallery some look enormous think i will have to get a decent camera dont get me wrong i,m not having a go at anybody fish size and wieghts that is.At the end of the day you are only fooling yourself. Suspect

too true mate the camera never lies Icon_biggrin
pics can be altered the camera never lies Icon_sad
but if the pic is taken at the right angle ,speed setting,framing and lighting it will make a big difference.
i always used 35mm SLR Cannon,
but have been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century with a Nikon D60x,
by my lad(he is a squadron des photographer).
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:26 pm

esoxjeff wrote:
stubbo wrote:anybody out there like me ever looked at some of these photos of pike in the press and thought thats never a twenty or the weight thats stated if like me its a quick photo hastily taken then back as quick as poss .Then at the other end of the scale there are ways of making the fish look a lot bigger on camera mine all seem to look small than the weight they are like the phto of my 28 lb fish does not look it believe it or not the guy who helped me land the fish thought it was a thirty in the net looking at some of the photos on the forums gallery some look enormous think i will have to get a decent camera dont get me wrong i,m not having a go at anybody fish size and wieghts that is.At the end of the day you are only fooling yourself. Suspect

too true mate the camera never lies Icon_biggrin
pics can be altered the camera never lies Icon_sad
but if the pic is taken at the right angle ,speed setting,framing and lighting it will make a big difference.
i always used 35mm SLR Cannon,
but have been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century with a Nikon D60x,
by my lad(he is a squadron des photographer).
same here jeff still useing 35 mm myself my lad bought me a digital but i keep deliting the photos rabbit
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:46 am

Very Happy Very Happy My fish never look as big as there weight, A top photographer told me its the Juxtaposition, Well i havent got a clue what he's going on about, So my pictures are still the same, Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:00 pm

read my thread on how to make pics look good, steve abbott touched on this subject aswell.
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum