What is the best pike fishing technique?

Go down

What is the best pike fishing technique? Empty What is the best pike fishing technique?

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:05 am

I'm going Pike fishing in the dead stream between Houghton lake, MI and 127. It has murkey waters, with channels about 6-8 ft deep x 20 ft across, running through a flood plain thats almost always has about 2 ft of water in it. What is the best lure or live bait to use? What part of the channel should I fish in? Any tips or tricks? Ive only reeled one pike out of here before, and I took it with a pike minnow. I mostly just wind up with bass or dog fish on my line.

Back to top Go down

What is the best pike fishing technique? Empty Re: What is the best pike fishing technique?

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:16 pm

There isn't a technique that exists that is so good it'll work anywhere. There are so many variables on each and every water that you can fish for pike for years, telling yourself you have it all sussed and then you fish an unknown water, try all your best tricks, fail miserably and then watch someone come along using a method you dismissed a long time ago.

All you can do is pick up tips and try them and try your best to improve you game as you go along. There are few shortcuts in fishing.

Also, what I do regularly might be of no use to you. If I said I fish with wild brown trout as deadbaits and old (discontinued) Abu Jointed Terminator lures, would you be able to obtain either?? Possibly not, so what works for me might be useless to you.

You have to read a lot of threads on forums including the ones that don't immediately grab your attention and when you read about something you think you can apply, try it out or adapt it to suit.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

What is the best pike fishing technique? Empty Re: What is the best pike fishing technique?

Post  noodle on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:29 am

JashimChando wrote:I'm going Pike fishing in the dead stream between Houghton lake, MI and 127. It has murkey waters, with channels about 6-8 ft deep x 20 ft across, running through a flood plain thats almost always has about 2 ft of water in it. What is the best lure or live bait to use? What part of the channel should I fish in? Any tips or tricks? Ive only reeled one pike out of here before, and I took it with a pike minnow. I mostly just wind up with bass or dog fish on my line.

out of the same water you catch pike dogfish and bass???????

noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:58 am

Very Happy Very Happy Must be an estuary where the river runs into the sea, Cant be bad getting an odd Bass or Rock Salmon instead of a pike, Thing is as the tide turns and the salty water starts to run in your Pike will also start to move up-stream again, they can swim in the briney water but they dont realy like to, It would then be best fishing for pike as the tide is ebbing, And you will have around 6 hours Fishing,, Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:45 pm

paddy pike wrote:Very Happy Very Happy Must be an estuary where the river runs into the sea, Cant be bad getting an odd Bass or Rock Salmon instead of a pike, Thing is as the tide turns and the salty water starts to run in your Pike will also start to move up-stream again, they can swim in the briney water but they dont realy like to, It would then be best fishing for pike as the tide is ebbing, And you will have around 6 hours Fishing,, Very Happy Very Happy

hmmm

mullet id go for flatfish as well

buy those three no sorry it would be too much of a change for them

based on fishing tidal reaches of rivers
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What is the best pike fishing technique? Empty mullit on the fly

Post  stubbo on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:42 pm

anybody on the forum fished for mullit on the fly might do a bit this summer anybody know any fly patterns Shocked
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down