Any1 now wot sort off crayfish this is???

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any1 now wot sort off crayfish this is??? Empty Any1 now wot sort off crayfish this is???

Post  tommynotoes on Tue May 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Any1 now wot sort off crayfish this is??? Crayfi15
tommynotoes
tommynotoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Any1 now wot sort off crayfish this is??? Empty Re: Any1 now wot sort off crayfish this is???

Post  patch on Tue May 04, 2010 5:09 pm

that will be a signal crayfish Tommy Shocked

make sure ya dont put them back mate there spreding like mad in the rivers

if ya catch another take it home and boil it up with sum butter and garlic Razz
patch
patch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Any1 now wot sort off crayfish this is??? Empty Re: Any1 now wot sort off crayfish this is???

Post  tommynotoes on Tue May 04, 2010 5:55 pm

theres a small pond in my local area n i noticed thats there loads of these in. should i tell the ea that they are there??? Suspect Suspect
tommynotoes
tommynotoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Tue May 04, 2010 6:43 pm

I think that they like to know, but what they'll actually do about it i dunno...

If you get anymore keep them in a tank mate or freeze them - they make great perch / chub baits Very Happy
tootall
tootall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tommynotoes on Tue May 04, 2010 7:12 pm

ok mate will do, u will have to tell me how to hook them tho. i will phone the ea 2moz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
tommynotoes
tommynotoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Wed May 05, 2010 5:11 pm

I don't think you're allowed to use them as baits, because of the risk of transferring eggs. I'm 99% sure this is the case.

I'm positive you have to take them home and dispose of them/cook them. Standing on them on the bank, is another egg risk.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tommynotoes on Wed May 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:I don't think you're allowed to use them as baits, because of the risk of transferring eggs. I'm 99% sure this is the case.

I'm positive you have to take them home and dispose of them/cook them. Standing on them on the bank, is another egg risk.

ok any 1 wont any crayfish, i dont eat fish Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
tommynotoes
tommynotoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed May 05, 2010 7:12 pm

tommynotoes wrote:theres a small pond in my local area n i noticed thats there loads of these in. should i tell the ea that they are there??? Suspect Suspect
they will be down like a flash.....tommy not
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tommynotoes on Wed May 05, 2010 10:56 pm

stubbo wrote:
tommynotoes wrote:theres a small pond in my local area n i noticed thats there loads of these in. should i tell the ea that they are there??? Suspect Suspect
they will be down like a flash.....tommy not

sounds aboat rite mate. wot should i do then.
nothing?????
tommynotoes
tommynotoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz on Fri May 07, 2010 9:42 pm

addniim wrote:beauti Cool

Suspect Suspect Suspect scratch scratch

Chinese Restaurants will take them off you... Basketball

Bazz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk on Sun May 09, 2010 2:38 pm

why not get a crayfish pot,,,,,,they are not expensive only about a fiver on ebay, then take em home for the pot, my granddad does this occupationally and he cooks em nice............
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

View user profile http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Mon May 10, 2010 6:22 pm

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! You need an EA trapping license for that.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Any1 now wot sort off crayfish this is??? Empty reggie or ronnie?

Post  essox_lucius1 on Thu May 27, 2010 9:38 pm

if you freeze them then the eggs are buggered so then you can use them as bait no probs and boil em up there yummy
essox_lucius1
essox_lucius1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Fri May 28, 2010 1:35 am

It's the getting caught with them though. Frozen or not, you aren't allowed to have them on the bank...period.

Also, I wouldn't give them to the Chinese either. It's fairly probable that many of the Signal outbreaks were caused by restaurateurs letting their crayfish go/escape.

Threat to native crayfish: Further population expansion could eventually threaten freshwater habitats and communities including those currently occupied by the native crayfish Austropotamobius pallipes (Lereboullet, 1858) which is already under considerable threat from five species of foreign crayfish introduced into British rivers. Two of these, the Turkish crayfish Astacus leptodactylus Eschscoltz, 1823 and the European crayfish A. astacus (Linnaeus, 1758) have been introduced from Europe, and the other three, the spiny-cheek or striped crayfish Orconectes limosus Rafinesque, 1817, the signal crayfish Pacifastacus leniusculus (Dana, 1852) and the red swamp crayfish Procambarus clarkii (Girard, 1852) from America.

Just do the sensible thing and take them for disposal one way or another, instead of all these hair-brained schemes.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Any1 now wot sort off crayfish this is??? Empty the krays

Post  essox_lucius1 on Mon May 31, 2010 11:15 pm

5 species bloody hell only knew of signals local lake to me does have the white clawed
essox_lucius1
essox_lucius1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:43 am

essox_lucius1 wrote:5 species bloody hell only knew of signals local lake to me does have the white clawed
Very Happy Very Happy Get them in the pan Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

View user profile http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:49 pm

essox_lucius1 wrote:5 species bloody hell only knew of signals local lake to me does have the white clawed

That's why the rules are so tough Zeb.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  essox_lucius1 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:12 pm

paddy pike wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Get them in the pan Very Happy Very Happy
no whiye claws are most protected lol you cant be scoffing them lol besides they dont seem to breed as much as the signals as yr pike baits last about an hour lol
essox_lucius1
essox_lucius1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:45 am

Hahahahaha They are protected, Whats going on, hahahahahaha
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:57 am

Just the native ones Paddy. The foreign ones are bigger, breed like rabbits or worse, cannabalistic, compete for food, burrow banks, carry diseases and generally make life hell for our crays. Poor wee critters.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:04 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:Just the native ones Paddy. The foreign ones are bigger, breed like rabbits or worse, cannabalistic, compete for food, burrow banks, carry diseases and generally make life hell for our crays. Poor wee critters.
Very Happy Of all the creatures to invade a water, What were the chances of it being a cannabalistic Cray fish Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:07 pm

I suppose all crays are cannibals to some degree. It's just that the foreign ones, especially the signals are just too big. I've seen ones that more like small lobsters. Angry little turds too.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:10 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:I suppose all crays are cannibals to some degree. It's just that the foreign ones, especially the signals are just too big. I've seen ones that more like small lobsters. Angry little turds too.
Very Happy I have just done a google for largest signal cray fish, Bl@@dy hell, local cray fish dont stand a chance, Shocked
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:22 pm

I wasn't kidding....

Any1 now wot sort off crayfish this is??? Pbucket
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  essox_lucius1 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:41 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:I wasn't kidding....

Any1 now wot sort off crayfish this is??? Pbucket
fast swimmer ? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
essox_lucius1
essox_lucius1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next