anybody fishing this weekend

Go down

anybody fishing this weekend Empty anybody fishing this weekend

Post  stubbo on Fri May 07, 2010 8:50 pm

just wondered do you lads carry on fishing for pike or go for something else ie carp ,tench ,bream and the likes. might go for trout this weekend What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

anybody fishing this weekend Empty Re: anybody fishing this weekend

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Fri May 07, 2010 10:22 pm

well not going this weekend, but me and MBW are off to loch lomond with the boat for a couple of days next week. only going to fish with lures though. should be a laugh if nothing else. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Fri May 07, 2010 10:33 pm

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:well not going this weekend, but me and MBW are off to loch lomond with the boat for a couple of days next week. only going to fish with lures though. should be a laugh if nothing else. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
what type of boat do you fish from and does it have a engine or do you row im into boat fishing got a 16 foot seahog its my pride and joy opens up a new world of fishing mate Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Fri May 07, 2010 11:17 pm

good luck mate - i'm hoping for a new PB perch from a couple of local canals i have in mind...on the lures.
tootall
tootall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Fri May 07, 2010 11:20 pm

nothing special mate, its a 12" avon RIb. got an electric outboard for it, and it has 2 rod holders built in. got it mainly for still waters/canals, but we had a trip to scotland booked before we got the boat so when we got it we thought why not give it a go? if its ruff when we get there though think we will pass, as i have been before and my boats not up to bad weather like you can get up there affraid affraid affraid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Sat May 08, 2010 9:19 pm

I know what you mean Mad Bad, Did the lomond thing about 20 years ago, And it was the roughest few days ever, I would sooner have gone out to sea in a dingy, But if you have not done it,Then you cant moan about it hahaha, Take care out there,
paddy pike
paddy pike

View user profile http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sat May 08, 2010 10:30 pm

yes mad bad dont take any chances dont forget life jackets ,radio, fishfinder,spare anchor,rope. flares,fire extinguisher,food have a good trip mate,...............and the spare wheel for the trailer........and the bait......the rods...the wife.........anything else...... Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Mon May 10, 2010 6:15 pm

The weather's been good MBA. Nice and sunny, if a little chilly now and again but I doubt you'll encounter any waves.

Do you know your way around the loch??
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Mon May 10, 2010 11:12 pm

not really Andy, been once before thinking of heading round the endrick mouth area.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Tue May 11, 2010 1:33 pm

MBA, You have a PM and you owe me a favour... Wink
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Sat May 15, 2010 3:12 pm

well we had a great time up in scotland, but didnt get to go out in the boat Sad Sad white crested waves on the loch, and rained all day. will be going back soon though. didnt know till we got there though that you now need a day ticket to fish, but only 2.50 a day for 3 rods so still good value. also now looking at going to loch awe for a week. will keep you all posted. Very Happy Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sun May 16, 2010 3:56 pm

You don't need a permit mate. It's completely unenforceable.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Sun May 16, 2010 6:13 pm

not according to the park rangers..,. got my ticket as you have to get them before you fish. something to do with the money being used for the up keep of the park. year permits are 25. you get them from most tackle shops round glasgow or balloch tourist information centre, balmaha boat yard and a few other places around the loch. i was told by the rangers if you are stopped and dont have a ticket you will be taken and made to buy one, or be removed from the loch..... hows that for a welcome affraid affraid affraid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sun May 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Coarse fishing (with the exception of commercials or club waters) is free in Scotland...period.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Sun May 16, 2010 8:08 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:Coarse fishing (with the exception of commercials or club waters) is free in Scotland...period.
This is what i have always understood to, Unless the permit is to launch a boat, Then its free like Andy said
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Sun May 16, 2010 8:54 pm

follow this link guys it will show you more info
http://www.lochlomondangling.com/permits.htm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sun May 16, 2010 9:13 pm

The L.L.A.I.A sell them but they can't enforce it. The law is the law and P.A.A.S. had this out with them on numerous occasions.

Freshwater fish
Definition

Section 24(1) of the 1951 Act defines freshwater fish as:

" "Freshwater fish" means any fish living in fresh water, including trout, and eels and the fry of eels, but exclusive of salmon and of any kind of fish which migrate between the open sea and tidal waters;"

Section 24(1) of the 1951 Act defines trout as:

" "Trout" means non-migratory trout of the species Salmo trutta living in fresh waters or estuaries;"

Ownership

Private waters

Until captured, freshwater fish are wild animals. Once captured, the fish belongs at common law to the captor. However, the legal right to take such fish as can be captured belongs to the proprietor of the land which is contiguous to the river, stream or loch in which the fish are to be found. Thus, although there is no right of property in the fish before capture, only the proprietor of the lands or those authorised by him, have the right of fishing for them. Except in the case of waters subject to a Protection Order and in the waters entering the Solway, protection of the fishing right depends upon the common law of trespass. The remedy of a proprietor or occupier against an unauthorised fisherman is to order him from the locus, and, in the event of refusal or threatened repetition, to initiate an action of interdict.

The broad principles involved are:

No one has any right to trespass upon the lands of another for the purpose of fishing;

No one, even if he is lawfully on the bank of a river or loch under a right of access, has the right to fish in the river or loch;

Members of the public, having neither title nor right, cannot establish a right by any usage of fishing for however long a period, as against a proprietor having title to the land over which the stream flows.

These are principles of civil law and can be enforced only in civil proceedings.

Apart from in the Solway and where Protection Orders are in force, there is only one case where unauthorised fishing by a trespasser can be made the subject of criminal proceedings, and this is under the Theft Act 1607. The Act applies to an ordinary fish pond, or "stank", enclosed all round where the fish may no longer be said to be feeding in a state of nature. It applies to any artificial pond or reservoir which has been stocked by the owner and which has neither inlet nor outlet. Any person removing trout from a stank without authority from the owner or occupier of the land surrounding it is guilty of theft. It is open to question whether anyone taking fish from an ordinary river or stream which has been stocked is guilty of theft.

Loch Lomond is free access and therefore free coarse fishing. It's there in blank and white.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Sun May 16, 2010 9:39 pm

Shocked My god it did my head in when i saw the prices, Although not that bad, It could be a scam, Then when Andy put up the last post and i read that, Well if it is a scam its a good one for those that dont know any better, Shocked
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Mon May 17, 2010 7:43 pm

I think scam is a little harsh. To be fair, the L.L.A.I.A have done a lot to benefit Lomond and the price they're asking isn't that much. I was merely pointing out that you aren't entitled to pay for the permit and I think the way the wardens spoke to MBA was a bit rough. I'd imagine they were taking advantage of the fact he was a travelling visitor and thought that with a little coercion and cheap threats, they could force payment out of him.

2.50 isn't really that bad.

The only real problem I have is the L.L.A.I.A don't use the cash they receive to benefit the coarse fish stocks.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down