PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member & Handmade Foil Lures

+6
MAD BAD ANGLER
adie1200
greg
paddy pike
tootall
JP MYERS
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Member & Handmade Foil Lures - Page 2 Empty Re: New Member & Handmade Foil Lures

Post  JP MYERS Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:39 pm

nickcarpy wrote:is it only one rod rule or is that canada?mainly /mostly common carp arnt they?

Here in Ohio it is 3 rods in the boat/2 in use per person rule..
That was the State rule last time I checked a few yrs ago.. Lately,I mainly go to private waters and no rules apply on private waters..No rod rule, no catch limit, no license needed.. The private owners usually request catch & release or you dont get the permission to fish..
My neighbor has a private pond about a 200 meter walk from my house.. It is 5 acres in size & a second pond about 9 acres, no pike tho,.. I asked if I could stock some fingerlings in the larger pond but he was afraid they (pike) might clean it out of bluegill,crappie & bass..

Yes the carp locally are common carp, great length, a bit short on girth in my opinion.
Im going to say the majority of fisherpersons here detest the idea of eating carp.. It is the "bottom feeder" in their eyes..
My Father cooks carp alot.. He removes mudvane, bakes in the oven with fresh tomato chunks & onions, tomato paste poured over the fillet.. Pretty good eating..
JP

JP MYERS

Back to top Go down

New Member & Handmade Foil Lures - Page 2 Empty Re: New Member & Handmade Foil Lures

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Pike won't clean out their environment. It's not conducive for survival.

Most pike eat about 5 times their bodyweight per year. It's not as much as folk believe.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:08 pm

JP MYERS wrote:
nickcarpy wrote:is it only one rod rule or is that canada?mainly /mostly common carp arnt they?

Here in Ohio it is 3 rods in the boat/2 in use per person rule..
That was the State rule last time I checked a few yrs ago.. Lately,I mainly go to private waters and no rules apply on private waters..No rod rule, no catch limit, no license needed.. The private owners usually request catch & release or you dont get the permission to fish..
My neighbor has a private pond about a 200 meter walk from my house.. It is 5 acres in size & a second pond about 9 acres, no pike tho,.. I asked if I could stock some fingerlings in the larger pond but he was afraid they (pike) might clean it out of bluegill,crappie & bass..

Yes the carp locally are common carp, great length, a bit short on girth in my opinion.
Im going to say the majority of fisherpersons here detest the idea of eating carp.. It is the "bottom feeder" in their eyes..
My Father cooks carp alot.. He removes mudvane, bakes in the oven with fresh tomato chunks & onions, tomato paste poured over the fillet.. Pretty good eating..
JP
Very Happy I always thought you had to put a carp in a bath of fresh water for a few days, Just to get rid of the earthy taste, Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:28 pm

depends on where is from

chorizo and other odds and sods work well with carp

ive eaten a few in my time Laughing
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:06 pm

Shocked They have small mirror carp at the fish mongers, They weigh about 2 to 3Lb, but a little expencive, Never fancied trying them but i might just give it a go, Must be farmed just for the shop Shocked
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:20 pm

new thread started on eating fish in the non fishing forum
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2