PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

boat ledgering.

3 posters

Go down

boat ledgering. Empty boat ledgering.

Post  jimh123 Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi new to the site and am making my annual journey to the broads in october, i just wanted some advice on how to go about ledgering from a boat. i would use a float for better bite indication but the float gets dragged under the water by the tow of the river when fished in middle. so just wandering what bite indication i could use for ledgering.

jimh123

Back to top Go down

boat ledgering. Empty Re: boat ledgering.

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:43 pm

Just use a bigger more bouyant float, egg shaped ones seem to keep above the flow better.

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:59 am

google

eric edwards he has done a bit and wrote about it
cant think of the other bloke fireman scottish did a 30 of the pac event up there year before last
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Davidson Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:09 pm

noodle wrote:google

eric edwards he has done a bit and wrote about it
cant think of the other bloke fireman scottish did a 30 of the pac event up there year before last

Hey Noodle that was me!
Eric wrote about it after some of my articles on the subject.
I've been legering from the boat since about 18 years ago.
1st couple of years were extreme trial & error.
Lessons learnt most important is rock solid anchoring on long lines & heavy free running leads.
normal calmish weather 3 or 4 oz leads I use most....wild weather with wild waves+water use 5oz leads & on occasion 6oz.
however if the boat gets thrown about too much causing poor indication, then its time to be sensible & move to calmer waters. Or even better get trolling the shallow lures a few foot below the waves! Cool

ps...have had to move sooner when using floats because of worsening wind conditions- due to line drag & also the floats disapearing between the waves is no use. Hate it when folk who only fish smaller, calmer shallower waters tell us we shoudln't be doing it! Mad
for beginners though-start with floats for obvious reasones Cool

Scott Davidson

Back to top Go down

Post  jimh123 Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:48 pm

thanks for reply, yeah i found it sometimes difficult if lot of chop to keep rod still but i think as long as i keep my eye on the rod tip at all times i always hooked the fish in the jaws.

jimh123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum