Best Flavours/Oils for Deadbait

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best Flavours/Oils for Deadbait - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Flavours/Oils for Deadbait

Post  noodle on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:33 pm

cavemandom wrote:just got back from the PAC convention at Kettering, I picked up some Haggis oil, I bought it from Nev Ficklings stall, 100% water soluble, and it's concentrated, it absolutely hum's...

just got back myself didnt buy anything off the barons stall Razz

noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Best Flavours/Oils for Deadbait - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Flavours/Oils for Deadbait

Post  paddy pike on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:09 pm

The use of oils has allways been part of my fishing, But i am an old arse and still do things as cheeply as i can, So here is my little secret type tip, Just between me and you i go to the health shop and buy 100 Cod Liver Oil capsules for a couple of £££s, Then put them in the fridge till your going fishing, Then just nick the belly of the dead bait, Insert a Cod Liver Oil capsule, Push it well in, Then cast it into your swim, Once it settles just give it about half an hour and the capsule will start to disolve, Then with a little luck the Pike will get a sniff of the oil and come and collect it's free meal, Then if all hell breaks loose you know its working, Give it a try, But dont tell anyone else or they will all be using it haha
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:20 pm

Don't worry Paddy, your secret's safe with us Suspect
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:24 pm

Lefty wrote:Don't worry Paddy, your secret's safe with us Suspect
I knew i could rely on you guys lefty Shocked Rolling Eyes
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:39 pm

paddy pike wrote:The use of oils has allways been part of my fishing, But i am an old arse and still do things as cheeply as i can, So here is my little secret type tip, Just between me and you i go to the health shop and buy 100 Cod Liver Oil capsules for a couple of £££s, Then put them in the fridge till your going fishing, Then just nick the belly of the dead bait, Insert a Cod Liver Oil capsule, Push it well in, Then cast it into your swim, Once it settles just give it about half an hour and the capsule will start to disolve, Then with a little luck the Pike will get a sniff of the oil and come and collect it's free meal, Then if all hell breaks loose you know its working, Give it a try, But dont tell anyone else or they will all be using it haha

probably not the right place to admit this but

i used capsules like that underneath high attract pop ups for carp sharp needle onto the hair followed by a pop up and away it goes great method for pulling carp down to investigate pop ups Wink
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  cavemandom on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:44 pm

noodle wrote:
paddy pike wrote:The use of oils has allways been part of my fishing, But i am an old arse and still do things as cheeply as i can, So here is my little secret type tip, Just between me and you i go to the health shop and buy 100 Cod Liver Oil capsules for a couple of £££s, Then put them in the fridge till your going fishing, Then just nick the belly of the dead bait, Insert a Cod Liver Oil capsule, Push it well in, Then cast it into your swim, Once it settles just give it about half an hour and the capsule will start to disolve, Then with a little luck the Pike will get a sniff of the oil and come and collect it's free meal, Then if all hell breaks loose you know its working, Give it a try, But dont tell anyone else or they will all be using it haha

i used capsules like that underneath high attract pop ups for carp sharp needle onto the hair followed by a pop up and away it goes great method for pulling carp down to investigate pop ups Wink

paddy have you ever tried a Alka saltzer in a dead bait, the fizzing makes a popped up bait twitch..their must be a good joke for that one...

cavemandom

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:48 pm

there is freeze it before you cast it but put a little more effort into it and you can get exploding baits

always great fun to lend to a friend Laughing
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  cavemandom on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:33 pm

noodle just steering away from oils a sec, can I use a paternoster rig with a surface float????

cavemandom

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:58 pm

cavemandom wrote:noodle just steering away from oils a sec, can I use a paternoster rig with a surface float????

as in one float or two floats?

and what type of pat?

some situations readily lend themselves to using a visible float,a cd style rig with abottom end only float on the top was a good way for me to present static deads alongside weedbeds and shelves.
the more straight forward style float pat system can be used with the actual pat float showing providing that the water isnt too deep the further the float is from the actual bait/lead then the less use it becomes, so lock the pat float to the uptrace, then use a bottom end only one again it is a little trickier to set up getting the bottom end only float to sit right as you dont have the same room for manouver in setting the depth as you would with a straight bottom end only float
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  cavemandom on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:05 pm

noodle wrote:
cavemandom wrote:noodle just steering away from oils a sec, can I use a paternoster rig with a surface float????

as in one float or two floats?

and what type of pat?

some situations readily lend themselves to using a visible float,a cd style rig with abottom end only float on the top was a good way for me to present static deads alongside weedbeds and shelves.
the more straight forward style float pat system can be used with the actual pat float showing providing that the water isnt too deep the further the float is from the actual bait/lead then the less use it becomes, so lock the pat float to the uptrace, then use a bottom end only one again it is a little trickier to set up getting the bottom end only float to sit right as you dont have the same room for manouver in setting the depth as you would with a straight bottom end only float

I want to put a live bait out on a helicopter rig, i want to use a sunken float to keep everything upright and cut out the risk of tangles, it's down on a basin on the local canal the footpath is only 4ft wide i'm limited to space, it's a lot easier to use a float for bite indication than it would be using an alarm, i have walkers up and down the footpath allday, it'd be a hassle having to move the rod evrytime someone walks by and set the alarm up...

whats a cd style rig?

cavemandom

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:34 pm

its stands for colin dyson rig Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:25 pm

ooooh have i a bit of kit for you then

google zandavan, and contact him then ask about his new electronic drop offs that fit to the rod Wink
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:33 am

cavemandom wrote:
noodle wrote:

paddy have you ever tried a Alka saltzer in a dead bait, the fizzing makes a popped up bait twitch..their must be a good joke for that one...
Thanks for the tip, I will give this a try,
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum