PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night session tomorrow night for me.

+4
Lefty
Alex Makk
MAD BAD ANGLER
stevecrm
8 posters

Go down

Night session tomorrow night for me. Empty Night session tomorrow night for me.

Post  stevecrm Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:20 pm

Not been out fishing at all for ages, but I have bit of spare time tomorrow so I am going to hopefully spend the afternoon, evening and night fishing.

I am planning on having 2 rods out, one with deadbait and trebles for pike and one with a large single hook and chunk on deadbait for pike, eel or Zander. I'll let you know how I get on soon Very Happy

Roll on, I am a bit excited Very Happy
stevecrm
stevecrm

Back to top Go down

Night session tomorrow night for me. Empty Re: Night session tomorrow night for me.

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:00 pm

good luck mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Night session tomorrow night for me. Empty Re: Night session tomorrow night for me.

Post  Alex Makk Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:15 pm

nice one steve, remember to wrap up, it's getting cold at night, winter is coming. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy other than that, best of luck.
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:22 pm

Best of luck mate, let us all know how you get on.

As MrMakk says, wrap up well and stay safe.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:32 pm

if you going where i think you going mate watch out for the snakes there!!saw loads when i was fishing it in summer..oh a watch out for the old man!!!
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:35 pm

nickcarpy wrote:if you going where i think you going mate watch out for the snakes there!!saw loads when i was fishing it in summer..oh a watch out for the old man!!!

snakes, Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked IF THEY ARE ADDERS WATCH YOUR FOOTING, they only venomous snake found in england. (i think)
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:38 pm

yes adders mate an yes only snake like that in england...be more alert with the ghost lol.
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  stevecrm Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:47 pm

I have been bit by an adder before, it does hurt (a lot) but they wont be round much now.

as for the ghost, he will be more scared of me than I will of him Smile

and keeping warm, I am gonna take all of my clothes and wear them all at the same time to keep warm. I may even plug in all my extension leads from my house and take a heater with me, its only about 5 miles away Cool

I may be sleeping in a tent, so plenty of rats to keep me warm Shocked
stevecrm
stevecrm

Back to top Go down

Post  stevecrm Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:49 pm

nickcarpy wrote: when i was fishing it in summer

did we have a summer? did I miss it?

I must have been in the toilet or sommut scratch
stevecrm
stevecrm

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:21 pm

stevecrm wrote:Not been out fishing at all for ages, but I have bit of spare time tomorrow so I am going to hopefully spend the afternoon, evening and night fishing.

I am planning on having 2 rods out, one with deadbait and trebles for pike and one with a large single hook and chunk on deadbait for pike, eel or Zander. I'll let you know how I get on soon Very Happy

Roll on, I am a bit excited Very Happy

Good luck Steve. Looking forward to hearing how you got on.

Andy king

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:58 am

yeah good luck. let us know how u get on. not done too many overnighters myself for preds but when i have its been worth it if only to be there for first hr of darkness and that 'special time' the following morning when the mist is rolling off the fields and the lighy changes from needing a torch to not needing one lol
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  stevecrm Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Blimey that was hard going, I tried everything and didnt even have a run all night Sad

Stayed up til 5am then grabbed an hour kip and then two hours walking round the lake using lures and still didnt catch Sad

But on the good side I had a friend with me who was having his first go at pike fishing, we went for a walk around the lake at about 2am. I showed him how to use the lures and we tried allsorts, then on one cast he dropped a lure straight in a pikes mouth Shocked the pike grabbed the lure instantly as it hit the water. He brought the pike to the side and I chinned it straight out of the water, the pike was not too impressed with this, flicked his tail as I lifted it and absoloutly soaked me Laughing

While the pike was out I showed my friend how to chin it and hold it, then I released it back into the water. I love watching them swim away gracefully into the darkness of the water normally, but I could feel this pike building up his power before I put him in the water. As soon as he touched the water he exploded with power, A massive flick of his tail and another soaking for me Rolling Eyes and the pike was gone Smile

I guess that this pike weighed about 4-5lb's Cool

I packed my clothes, sleeping bags etc as if I was staying for a month in winter and didnt even have to put a jumper on untill about 2am Cool

all in it was a brilliant with good friends, good beer and lovely weather.

going to be doing it all again in 2 weeks with my two friends but fancy a change of venue, Can anyone recommend (by PM) a decent pike water to night fish around the Sheffield / Doncaster areas? It needs to somewhere that I can fish close to the cars as one of my friends struggles to walk far
stevecrm
stevecrm

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:44 am

stevecrm wrote:I have been bit by an adder before, it does hurt (a lot) but they wont be round much now.

as for the ghost, he will be more scared of me than I will of him Smile

and keeping warm, I am gonna take all of my clothes and wear them all at the same time to keep warm. I may even plug in all my extension leads from my house and take a heater with me, its only about 5 miles away Cool

I may be sleeping in a tent, so plenty of rats to keep me warm Shocked
I thought i was the only one in hundreds of years to be tagged by an adder, Fell over walking to the river and came Face to face with one, Me being me decided to catch it, And got hold nice and gentle like, And it was fine for a few minutes, But while i was fumbling for my camera, It kinda latched on to the skin between my middle and ring finger, But what a great Snake to see, I was well happy, But the bite is not very seriouse more like a bee sting, Missed the picture as well, Strange thing was the day was very hot but it was in late October, I was living in Motherwell at the time, I dont think they would be seen this far North where i am now in sunny Southport
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stevecrm Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:41 pm

I was bit in Dorset and it was like two bee stings, was very sore for quite a while afterwoods too Neutral
stevecrm
stevecrm

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:41 pm

stevecrm wrote:I packed my clothes, sleeping bags etc as if I was staying for a month in winter and didnt even have to put a jumper on untill about 2am Cool

That's the only trouble sometimes, the weather takes you by surprise by staying warm. Still, as I've always maintained, if you're too warm you can always take a layer off. If you aint got the clothes with you, you can't add a layer if you need to.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:43 pm

Lefty wrote:
stevecrm wrote:I packed my clothes, sleeping bags etc as if I was staying for a month in winter and didnt even have to put a jumper on untill about 2am Cool

That's the only trouble sometimes, the weather takes you by surprise by staying warm. Still, as I've always maintained, if you're too warm you can always take a layer off. If you aint got the clothes with you, you can't add a layer if you need to.
Just like the old saying, "Take your coat when its fine and please yourself when its raining,
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum