"Fishy Groundbait"

Go down

"Fishy Groundbait" Empty "Fishy Groundbait"

Post  CRIB on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:08 pm

Before I run off in the wrong direction Embarassed
Anyone tried using PVA tubing with a mixture of tuna, sardine mashed with fishmeal base mix bound with halibut oil and used in conjunction with bottom dead baits, do Pike react to this kind of thing similar to the way Cats do. Question
CRIB
CRIB

Back to top Go down

"Fishy Groundbait" Empty Re: "Fishy Groundbait"

Post  tootall on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:15 pm

i have used pva bags with pure predator plus in them before - not noticed a massive difference in catch rates etc but like the idea of using oily fish etc in principle. dont see how it would be off putting for a pike on the feed.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:16 pm

fish mash an stuff might melt bag before you cast it out,make sure the halibut oil is pva friendly..if you damp sweetcorn in a strong salt water mix,hemp ect it stops the bait desolveing the bag until it hits the water,not sure if it would work with fish mash/groundbait????might av to try it Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

"Fishy Groundbait" Empty "Fishy Groundbait"

Post  CRIB on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:27 pm

I have always used tuna, mackeral & sardines in oil with Nutrabaits Big Fish mix bound with Dynamite Halibut oil, mix it on the dry side & "double tube" it , one tube inside the other, Cats seem to like it but they will eat anything Razz
It's good to have my brain back in gear and thinking about my fishing instead of spending long nights in a bivvy at the side of a carp lake Laughing Laughing
CRIB
CRIB

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:45 pm

i been thinking about selling up with my carp gear. had an ok season but just getting bored of it TBH and not finding enough time to dedicate to it as i would like/need to to get the results i would want to to get a new pb etc. i think after 6 spring/summers of it i have turned into a bit of a lazy angler- not putting thought and effort into my angling like i used to. those few times i have recently been out trotting a float or filling a feeder for a few hours i have really enjoyed it like i used to and it didnt cost me an arm or a leg either...
pike have always been my first choice of specimen fish to have a go at and i dont think thats gonna change anytime soon tho! lol
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:21 pm

Good god tootall i thought you were going to throw the towel in for good then, But well happy you going to dedicate your time to the old Pikeing,
As for everything else, Try attatching a cage feeder to your trace about 3" from your bait and put Minced fish into it so it only bring the Pike to your bait,
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:39 am

thing is Paddy i 'I think' about doing a lot of things these days - so i probably won't act on it lol. I'd hate to sell all my gear (probably for less than it's worth) only to regret it next season or something.

Rolling Eyes
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizzly on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:14 am

tootall wrote: I'd hate to sell all my gear (probably for less than it's worth) only to regret it next season or something.

Rolling Eyes

I sold all my gear several years ago for far, far, less than it was worth and instantly regretted it Sad Sad I have now bought pretty much everything back new and even though I've not used it for a few years due to a family illness there is no way on this earth that I would ever sell it again!!!!
Grizzly
Grizzly

http://www.mdpestservices.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:19 pm

CRIB wrote:Before I run off in the wrong direction Embarassed
Anyone tried using PVA tubing with a mixture of tuna, sardine mashed with fish meal base mix bound with halibut oil and used in conjunction with bottom dead baits, do Pike react to this kind of thing similar to the way Cats do. Question

I haven't used PVA but have used a large cage feeder rammed with goodies.
It hasn't proved its worth yet but then again my season hasn't kicked of yet. I'm still after my 1st Pike! Embarassed
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum