PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trout Waters

+2
dave78
Walt
6 posters

Go down

Trout Waters Empty Trout Waters

Post  Walt Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Trout waters in my region are home to enormous hen pike , I have seen huge splashes caused by our Big pike in the margins,The only snag is these waters only allow trout fishers , I spoke to a guy last week who took a 29 lb pike from Alemoor , Now a trout fishery , It was full of pike in the past & it was supposed to be emptied of them But some Biggies remain , ps the guy i spoke to sneaked on the fishery at 6 am , This is in the Scottish borders

Walt

Back to top Go down

Trout Waters Empty Re: Trout Waters

Post  dave78 Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:27 pm

an endless supply of trout, stocked regular and no angling pressure, no suprise to me that some of the county's biggest fish are coming from trout fishries.
there is a place near my home which opens its doors one weekend a year to pike/course anglers....... this year i will try to get a ticket.
and as most will agree with me, chew valley will surley give the uk its next record fish???
dave78
dave78

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:38 pm

I am sure Chew will throw up a few more suprises over the next few years but i actually think the british record will come from somewhere much further north...
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:46 pm

tootall wrote:I am sure Chew will throw up a few more suprises over the next few years but i actually think the british record will come from somewhere much further north...

intriuged face
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Trout Waters Empty Trout waters

Post  Walt Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:33 pm

St marys loch in the scottish borders is over 500 ft deep & i think the pike in there will be enormous , The loch has healthy stocks of salmon , Trout , Perch etc ,,,,So plenty food

Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:16 am

Walt wrote:St marys loch in the scottish borders is over 500 ft deep & i think the pike in there will be enormous , The loch has healthy stocks of salmon , Trout , Perch etc ,,,,So plenty food
#

an awful lot of volume to consider there especialy at turnover time
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizzly Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:12 pm

I paid a visit to my local trout fishery (Kiplin Hall) today but to my dismay there were signs saying that the fishery was closed. It seems to have been taken over by a syndicate but I've no idea as to who, I saw the gardener but he didn't know who had taken over it. I'm guessing it's a trout syndicate that have it (as it is a trout fishery Shocked ) but there are some good pike in and that's all I'm wanting to fish it for. I've had plenty of trout out of it in the past!
Grizzly
Grizzly

http://www.mdpestservices.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Glasgowdan Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:31 pm

dave78 wrote:an endless supply of trout, stocked regular and no angling pressure, no suprise to me that some of the county's biggest fish are coming from trout fishries.
there is a place near my home which opens its doors one weekend a year to pike/course anglers....... this year i will try to get a ticket.
and as most will agree with me, chew valley will surley give the uk its next record fish???

Feeling smug about this prediction now? 😁

Glasgowdan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down