PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snapper Bung Float Kit

+3
adie1200
Andy Macfarlane
mollski
7 posters

Go down

Snapper Bung Float Kit Empty Snapper Bung Float Kit

Post  mollski Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 pm

hi just wanted to no if any of you guys use the above,has im in need of some new floats and keep see these kits?thanks
mollski
mollski

Back to top Go down

Snapper Bung Float Kit Empty Re: Snapper Bung Float Kit

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Don't know what they are?.....linky?
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:03 pm

http://www.gerrysfishing.com/snapper-float-kits/snapper-bung-float-kit-3013-613-.php
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  mollski Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:05 pm

sorry guys forgot to add it thanks adie Embarassed
mollski
mollski

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:18 pm

looks like a pretty good float/terminal deal. first time i've heard of them TBH.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Och hoots naw! I know how to set all my float rigs up BUT for the novice piker, I can definitely see the advantages and the prices aren't too bad either really. Once you've been piking for a while you'll be able to put it all together yourself without thinking for half the price.

You only need....

Gazette Slotted Pike Bung, with hollow centre tube to make it sliding or fixed if you wish.

Elastic band (free on the pavement with thanks to the postie) or power gum for stop knot. (about a quid from the tackle shop)

Drilled bullet for the weight. (10p each or some rubbish)

Pack of 10 buffer beads. Useful for protecting all your knots etc. (2 quid for 10?)

Same rig for a few shekels..... Wink
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  mollski Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:Och hoots naw! I know how to set all my float rigs up BUT for the novice piker, I can definitely see the advantages and the prices aren't too bad either really. Once you've been piking for a while you'll be able to put it all together yourself without thinking for half the price.

You only need....

Gazette Slotted Pike Bung, with hollow centre tube to make it sliding or fixed if you wish.

Elastic band (free on the pavement with thanks to the postie) or power gum for stop knot. (about a quid from the tackle shop)

Drilled bullet for the weight. (10p each or some rubbish)

Pack of 10 buffer beads. Useful for protecting all your knots etc. (2 quid for 10?)

Same rig for a few shekels..... Wink

ANDY GET ON YOUTUBE AND SHOW US HOW ITS DONE lol! lol! lol! lol!
mollski
mollski

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:49 pm

How about go to a pike fishing website and look for yourself. It's normally under pike rigs.

You tube.....yea I'll spend half the day filming how to put a float rig together so I can put up something that's on the net a million times already.

Try Google.....free roving pike rig or something similar should do it.

OK lazy arse, I'll do it.

*Thanks to www.hooklinks.co.uk for the use of this picture.

Snapper Bung Float Kit Hooklinks-FreeRovingRig
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  mollski Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:53 am

TOP MAN ANDY buy you a beer when we meet for the big pike shoot out lol!
mollski
mollski

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:04 am

You can buy me a Lucozade instead. I rarely if ever drink booze but thanks all the same.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:05 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:How about go to a pike fishing website and look for yourself. It's normally under pike rigs.

You tube.....yea I'll spend half the day filming how to put a float rig together so I can put up something that's on the net a million times already.

Try Google.....free roving pike rig or something similar should do it.

OK lazy arse, I'll do it.

*Thanks to www.hooklinks.co.uk for the use of this picture.

Snapper Bung Float Kit Hooklinks-FreeRovingRig
Do you have one of these diagrames for a sail float set up, I have tried to explain it to a couple of guys but its not easy, And the guys are a bit thick haha, Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:07 am

I take it you mean a Drifting rig Paddy?

*Again....Thanks to www.hooklinks.co.uk for the use of this picture.

Snapper Bung Float Kit Hooklinks-DriftingRig

You can easily make drifters by following my buoyant leger stem instructions and altering them to suit. It's not that different. You'll get the idea.

You can do a similar thing with a paperclip attached to the trace swivel. Blow up a balloon and twist it closed. Don't knot it or it stays inflated and who knows where it could end up. Once you've inflated the balloon, you lightly jam it in the paperclip and gently lower your leger rig into the water. Let the wind carry your rig out to the desired distance, spot, wherever and when you get there, give the line a sharp tug, which releases the balloon and the balloon deflates and perishes and your leger rig sinks directly under the spot where the balloon was last seen, which acts as a handy marker. I carry a bag of pink balloons for this very purpose.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  mollski Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:50 am

TOP MAN ANDY cheers
mollski
mollski

Back to top Go down

Post  BradfordLad Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:40 am

[quote="Andy Macfarlane"]I take it you mean a Drifting rig Paddy?

*Again....Thanks to www.hooklinks.co.uk for the use of this picture.

Snapper Bung Float Kit Hooklinks-DriftingRig

Guys take care with this setup.....There is a massive flaw in the diagram.

If you use a FOX or Prowla ledger stem as the bouyancy aid in the diagram,it implies you tie your lines to the top and bottom of the aid/stem.This system will only work safley if you modify the FOX/PROWLA stems and cut the eyes off both ends.The diagram should show the line passing through the tubing.

Under no circumstances must you tie main lines the ledger stems eyes....they snap off Sad

Just my bit.

BradfordLad
BradfordLad

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:29 am

why would you use a ledger stem the line runs through the bottom part of the drifter float ? Very Happy
deadbait
deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:57 pm

BradfordLad wrote:Guys take care with this setup.....There is a massive flaw in the diagram.

If you use a FOX or Prowla ledger stem as the bouyancy aid in the diagram,it implies you tie your lines to the top and bottom of the aid/stem.This system will only work safley if you modify the FOX/PROWLA stems and cut the eyes off both ends.The diagram should show the line passing through the tubing.

Under no circumstances must you tie main lines the ledger stems eyes....they snap off Sad

Just my bit.

I think there's a massive flaw in your understanding of the diagram. I don't think it implies that at at all. I think it's quite clear how it works. I can't see anywhere that suggests the line is tied to the tubing whatsoever. It clearly shows the line passing through the tubing with a stop knot at the top. The very fact there is a stop-knot means the line isn't fixed to the tubing at all.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Thanks for all your help with this Andy, Eddie will be making himself one just for the big res we fish, Thanks again Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BradfordLad Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Andy your missing the point......The diagram you posted could be read by a novice Pike angler.These are people that would copy the elements of the rig and nip off down to there local tackle shop,picking up the parts needed to copy the setup.As you cannot easly purchase the item needed in the diagram you posted, they pick up something that looks similar and is a common find.Just so you know what they look like Andy i have attached a photo....If you have never seen one before the only place to attach line is weak plastic eyes designed to hold lead weights.So again as a follow up, dont purchase Fox/Prowla stems unless you what to adapt them by cutting the eyes off to tube.Using a stopknot system.

Snapper Bung Float Kit Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6p25a38hOnsXcrsru3CBV-lk-LVJy60Sdwjh6RlQTSuDxJkLa0A
BradfordLad
BradfordLad

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:01 pm

Aye they're strictly leger stems though....not the same as the drifting rig and meant for running leger setups only, hence the name. No need for cutting them. Buy a drifter setup and it's hollow already.

If you're going to make drifter floats, forget the leger stems and use a length of John Roberts rig tubing and make my leger stems but without the curtain rings. Just add a swivel, lock in place at the opposite end from the poppers. Make a vane from another length of tubing and the vane itself from a butter tub lid. You can even even buy packs of vanes in 3 colours. Orange, yellow and black.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down