PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alarms / droppers.

+9
craigpix2000
mollski
noodle
paddy pike
stubbo
tootall
nickcarpy
deadbait
Lucan
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alarms / droppers. Empty Alarms / droppers.

Post  Lucan Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Iv only ever had 1 licence and it won't be long till it's thattime of year again. The other day I managed to break one of my droppers striking into a fish so what droppers do people on here reccomend. Iv also now got 3 matching rods and reels so would be rude not to buy 2 licenses wouldn't it? Lol and here lies my second problem. I'm on a tight budget and need another alarm? Again recommendations? Remember I'm on a budget.

Lucan

Back to top Go down

Alarms / droppers. Empty Re: Alarms / droppers.

Post  deadbait Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:27 pm

2 licences is a must mate for 3 rods them bailiffs turn up when you least expect it Very Happy

as for the droppers i make my own and the alarm just get a cheap fox one off ebay Very Happy
deadbait
deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:29 pm

theres a few good cheap offers on alarms nowadays,yes deffo need two li Very Happy cences
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:37 pm

I have 2 brand new fox warriors for sale Very Happy
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucan Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:44 pm

Only 2 :-( that means I'd have an odd alarm lol. What you looking at for em?

Lucan

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:50 pm

deadbait wrote:2 licences is a must mate for 3 rods them bailiffs turn up when you least expect it Very Happy

as for the droppers i make my own and the alarm just get a cheap fox one off ebay Very Happy
your dead right there mate watched 2 of them sneaking through the wooded end of a lake i fish fighting there way through it sneaky mate Evil or Very Mad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:53 pm

stubbo wrote:
deadbait wrote:2 licences is a must mate for 3 rods them bailiffs turn up when you least expect it Very Happy

your dead right there mate watched 2 of them sneaking through the wooded end of a lake i fish fighting there way through it sneaky mate Evil or Very Mad

the only time ive been checked i was miles away from anything in a really remote spot and a ea baliff came to check me i could not belive it Very Happy
deadbait
deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:07 pm

deadbait wrote:
stubbo wrote:

the only time ive been checked i was miles away from anything in a really remote spot and a ea baliff came to check me i could not belive it Very Happy
is this right what i heard they can fine you if your too far away from your rods they were going to do this on one water to a guy who was fishing this steep bank he was about 20 ft away Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:11 pm

not sure mate the ea baliffs ive meet are jobworths 20ft away i know what i would be telling him to do Very Happy
deadbait
deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucan Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:13 pm

According to the angling times last year they have the equivalent of 11 full time bailiffs across the country. If you've seen one count yourself lucky lol.

Lucan

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:23 pm

Lucan wrote:According to the angling times last year they have the equivalent of 11 full time bailiffs across the country. If you've seen one count yourself lucky lol.
and they have the cheek to charge us 27 pound a year or is it more now Very Happy is there about six million anglers paying this 162000000 million divided between 11 bailiffs affraid
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:29 pm

stubbo wrote:
deadbait wrote:
stubbo wrote:

is this right what i heard they can fine you if your too far away from your rods they were going to do this on one water to a guy who was fishing this steep bank he was about 20 ft away Very Happy
Never had to fine anyone for being over 25Mtrs from there rods {£50}, But i do get fed up with people who try and fish 4 rods, When they know the maximum is 3, And today i had to tell 3 people to take a rod out of the water because they only had one EA licence, Must admit i tend to try and advise people, And not spoil there fishing,
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:45 pm

paddy pike wrote:
stubbo wrote:
deadbait wrote:
stubbo wrote:

Never had to fine anyone for being over 25Mtrs from there rods {£50}, But i do get fed up with people who try and fish 4 rods, When they know the maximum is 3, And today i had to tell 3 people to take a rod out of the water because they only had one EA licence, Must admit i tend to try and advise people, And not spoil there fishing,

are you a ea baliff paddy Question
deadbait
deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Lucan wrote:Only 2 :-( that means I'd have an odd alarm lol. What you looking at for em?

PM on its way mate
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:03 pm

deadbait wrote:
paddy pike wrote:
stubbo wrote:
deadbait wrote:
stubbo wrote:

are you a ea baliff paddy Question
Yep, But i'm a bailiff with a difference, Ok you need an EA licence, And you need a ticket to fish most any waters, If you got them thats good enough for me, If you want to know where on our waters is fishing or you want to put a fishing report or picture of a catch in, Then i do that for the angler as well, Its all about doing thing right, But we all forget somthing now and then and we all make mistakes, And best of all So Do I Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:05 pm

paddy pike wrote:
stubbo wrote:
deadbait wrote:
stubbo wrote:

are you an EA bailiff?

as for the distance it is 3 meters away from your rods, now add in that butts must not be more than 3 meters apart you in reality only have a small area in which to legally fish affraid

i get checked quite regulary on the big lakes
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:07 pm

paddy important point

are you a warrant carrying EA enforcment officer

or a club bailiff
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:07 pm

how many baliffs do you think there are in the uk paddy is it more than 11 Very Happy
deadbait
deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:10 pm

deadbait wrote:how many baliffs do you think there are in the uk paddy is it more than 11 Very Happy

it is i know five in one region alone the two closer to home so that leaves four for the rest of the uk
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:17 pm

noodle wrote:
paddy pike wrote:
stubbo wrote:
deadbait wrote:
stubbo wrote:

are you an EA bailiff?

as for the distance it is 3 meters away from your rods, now add in that butts must not be more than 3 meters apart you in reality only have a small area in which to legally fish affraid

i get checked quite regulary on the big lakes
Sorry no ime not EA bailiff but club bailiff, But we have to answer to the Ea bailiff, How many do i think there are in the Uk, to many would be a good answer, As for the distance between the outer most rods your using, Club rules on 5 mtrs, But i have seen guys with 3 rods out and about 30 mtrs appart, I would say If you are able to controle your rods at a comfortable distance appart, I would not put my rods more than a yard from me, As i want to be there when i get a run,
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:25 pm

right i know this is off topic sorry thread originator next post from me should help mwah

anyway paddy please do not ask for anyones EA again as beleive it or not you are not entitled to and in doing so are leaving yourself open to prosecution under the data protection act 1984, beleive it or not only a warrant carrying EA enforcment officer or police officer is allowed to request the surrender for inspection of such items
and dont tell me its a club rule as such trivial things do not override common or civil law

ps it is legally 3m from your rods the club rules encourage illegality
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:28 pm

lucan if your fishing three rods and only have two alarms as a short term measure why not use the third as a roamer (im being pesumptious that your baitfishing in a fairly static manor) you can either have it free roaming, set up for drifting, or just cast around with it with a dead on a pencil float

as for the third alarm then by a cheap one ebay is full of things like ghetto blasters and other older drop offs Very Happy
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:43 pm

noodle wrote:right i know this is off topic sorry thread originator next post from me should help mwah

anyway paddy please do not ask for anyones EA again as beleive it or not you are not entitled to and in doing so are leaving yourself open to prosecution under the data protection act 1984, beleive it or not only a warrant carrying EA enforcment officer or police officer is allowed to request the surrender for inspection of such items
and dont tell me its a club rule as such trivial things do not override common or civil law

ps it is legally 3m from your rods the club rules encourage illegality
PM sent Noodle Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:13 am

noodle ive heard its only 3mt from rods and no more,read it some where to,noodle on a lot of waters i fish they ask to see your rod license /season ticket .also club rule and it states clearly that any member can ask anyone who look suspect to see there member and ea license?? i myself have asked and been asked but i think its a good policy of club? Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  mollski Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:03 am

HAVE i miss read the title of the thread,was it alarms/ droppers or license thread? has being a new guy i was waiting to read all about the alarms everybody has and whats best to use Shocked
mollski
mollski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next