PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any 1 else tried injectig there baits with vodka ??

+6
greg
BradfordLad
adie1200
tootall
stubbo
craigpix2000
10 posters

Go down

any 1 else tried injectig there baits with vodka ?? Empty any 1 else tried injectig there baits with vodka ??

Post  craigpix2000 Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:52 pm

found this the other day and not quite sure about this
http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Angling-Times/Section/News--Catches/General-News/December-2010/Vodka-bait-additive/
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

any 1 else tried injectig there baits with vodka ?? Empty Re: any 1 else tried injectig there baits with vodka ??

Post  stubbo Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:13 pm

craigpix2000 wrote:found this the other day and not quite sure about this
http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Angling-Times/Section/News--Catches/General-News/December-2010/Vodka-bait-additive/
not tried it but have heard of it i think on this forum Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

any 1 else tried injectig there baits with vodka ?? Empty Re: any 1 else tried injectig there baits with vodka ??

Post  tootall Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:39 pm

would rather spend money on a good quality salmon oil and keep the vodka lol. I use pernod soaked corn for carp mind.... Wink
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Pernod affraid affraid affraid affraid

lol! I remember you saying that on here Tootall Laughing Sod the fish drink it yourself Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:06 pm

adie1200 wrote:Pernod affraid affraid affraid affraid

lol! I remember you saying that on here Tootall Laughing Sod the fish drink it yourself Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
i think paddy pike has soaked his bait in rum
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  BradfordLad Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:58 am

adie1200 wrote:Pernod affraid affraid affraid affraid

Ha Ha no way would that last 2 minutes on the bank if the fish wer'nt feeding Embarassed
BradfordLad
BradfordLad

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:27 pm

i've not tryed vodka, but pernod has been good for me. i wanted aniseed to flavour my baits, andy mcfarline said to try pernod.
its been the only rod to get runs a good few times. another good tip from andy.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:04 pm

greg wrote:i've not tryed vodka, but pernod has been good for me. i wanted aniseed to flavour my baits, andy mcfarline said to try pernod.
tried all sorts of spirits,,,,i get the runs something cronic lol! lol! lol!
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  raf1870 Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Pal in work told me how they used to soak bread overnight in ouzo before going carp fishing.

Basically the fish ate the bread, got pissed, floated to the surface and then they collected them to eat for dinner later that night.

Can't remember what country he was in at the time but could have been Israel.

After hearing about that I am open to any suggestions for flavouring bait...lol.

raf1870

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:29 pm

esoxjeff wrote:
greg wrote:i've not tryed vodka, but pernod has been good for me. i wanted aniseed to flavour my baits, andy mcfarline said to try pernod.
tried all sorts of spirits,,,,i get the runs something cronic lol! lol! lol!

to much info their jeff.... Laughing
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Marty Mac Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:02 am

I've just started using it mixed with fish oils. The theory behind it is that the alcohol helps the oil mix better with cold water instead of separarting form the water and floating to the top (particualry useful in winter). I caught two small jacks today using it, not enough trials yet to form an opinion from my own use. But here's something for ya, about three weeks ago a mate of mine was fishing a small reservoir and was fishing into water 7ft deep. He caught 6 fish that day but had 21 runs in total. No bigguns but he did hook one decent fish and lost it. He was fishing three rods, all but three of the runs came on cod liver oil mixed with vodka study study
Marty Mac
Marty Mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:54 pm

Alcohol is an emulsifier. That's all that going with the vodka. It just disperses oil in water.

I first heard of it years ago. Irish pikers had been fishing kippers and whiskey.

The only reason I ever mentioned Pernod was because it kills 2 birds with one stone. Pike seem to like aniseed and the alcohol acts as an emusifier.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down