PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

winter suits and boots

4 posters

Go down

winter suits and boots Empty winter suits and boots

Post  nickcarpy Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:47 pm

what do you guys/and girl wear.theres so much to choose from now thats reasble priced.ive got a bib an brace for winter which then can take coat off an use in spring to.then av a 2 peice tracker kit,brill kit.wellos are ron thompson for really moody days and wychwood rouge boots most of time for general wear.waders in summer for stalking for when av to get in water. Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

winter suits and boots Empty clothes for winter..

Post  Bazz Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:41 pm

Nothing specifically from a Fishing Tackle Shop. Usually a tee shirt, then a sweatshirt or two, then a thin wool jumper. Fairly close fitting trousers, a woolly hat & when sitting about, a pair of Buffalo pile lined mitts which are warm & easy to get off. I also have a 'Growler Suit' Shocked ...its a Realtree Camo jacket + Trousers that are loose fitting. Used to hunt with my guns wearing this, its not thermal but is rustle proof & will keep a shower off. Probably wear it Thursday. I have a Lowe Pro Goretex Jacket for rain + some Goretex trousers. Don't have a Bivvy or Brolly at present, MAY buy one tomorrow? Usually some Berghaus Goretex/suede walking boots that are 4 season & extra socks. Do own some waders but find them a bit cold for Winter Wink

Bazz

Back to top Go down

winter suits and boots Empty Re: winter suits and boots

Post  Andy Webster Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:41 pm

30Plus bib and brace for me Nick although the things leaking like a tea bag at the minute. Reminder to self. Get some Fabsil and and re waterproof the thing.

I also have a goretex army jacket that I got from a mate years ago. It comes in handy as it is totally waterproof.

When I am fishing in a roving fashion I wear a pair of waterproof boots/shoes, hi-tec I think. They were no good the other day though when I was walking through lots of long grass in the rain. I was only wearing a pair of combat pants which got soaked and the water ran straight down my legs into my shoes. They are great for nice clean banks like towpaths for instance. Should have worn the wellies in the long grass.

Regards

Andy Webster

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

winter suits and boots Empty Re: winter suits and boots

Post  John Dinnewell Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:04 pm

On the bank when moving around alot:

t-shirt
sweatshirt
fleeced gorex jacket
fleeced lined jogging bottoms