particle fishing

Go down

particle fishing Empty particle fishing

Post  nickcarpy on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:39 am

well spring is on its way so the carp rods will get a dusting Very Happy Very Happy Anyway my first plan of attack will be getting some particles from a cheap pet food shop called cooke,s from rotherham,me a pal split a bulk bag of hemp ect to keep the cost down..Hp and corn are my main baits for early season carping..Look forward to hearing from you guys on site who also dabble into a bit of carping Very Happy Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

particle fishing Empty Re: particle fishing

Post  kell on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:36 am

i need a few kilo of hemp but was going to get it from jollys Very Happy they do mega hemp as well then get the pressure cooker fied up in the shed lol
kell
kell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:02 am

i,ll certainly be dabbling again be good to get amongst them drain carp again

like yourself started to get my particles and other baits and goodies re-stock, bring em on!!!
tackle tart
tackle tart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:17 pm

I have already started my baiting campaign on new syndi water. It's going to ba a tough nut to crack I think, but the rewards should be well worth it hopefully.

Cool

tootall
tootall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:03 pm

nickcarpy wrote:well spring is on its way so the carp rods will get a dusting Very Happy Very Happy Anyway my first plan of attack will be getting some particles from a cheap pet food shop called cooke,s from rotherham,me a pal split a bulk bag of hemp ect to keep the cost down..Hp and corn are my main baits for early season carping..Look forward to hearing from you guys on site who also dabble into a bit of carping Very Happy Very Happy
dont do a lot of carp fishing but last year did a bit off floater fishing for carp and it was the dogs mate had about 8 fish of the top on crust to about 12lb Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 pm

thats most of my carping nowadays snatching a few hours here an there ,love me one rod an a loaf of bread.best,most enjoyable ,neave biting fishing i think! Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:38 pm

nickcarpy wrote:thats most of my carping nowadays snatching a few hours here an there ,love me one rod an a loaf of bread.best,most enjoyable ,neave biting fishing i think! Very Happy
think there is a few carp lads using a fly rod with floating dog buscuites getting more popular
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kell on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:26 am

[/quote] think there is a few carp lads using a fly rod with floating dog buscuites getting more popular [/quote]

think i will be giving that a go this summer lol Very Happy
kell
kell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:13 am

Theres a lad on one of my local waters that does this. Uses a deer hair fly shaped like a mixer biscuit. He catches shed loads in the summer while others are boilie fishing on the bottom...lol
tootall
tootall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:38 pm

I've just spooled up with some 15lb PowerPro specifically for floater fishing as I'm really gonna give it a go this year. I've done it before when the fish have been up in the water and cast out some bread or some other floating bait. My biggest is a 10lb carp. Other times when it is in the height of summer with plenty of flies buzzing around, I've grabbed one and hooked it then cast that out. That really can turn a frustrating day around.

I'd like to ask a couple of questions to you lads that do more carping than I do.

What rod will be best for floater fishing for carp? Is my Fox Warrior Z 2.75lb going to be too heavy for this type of fishing and would I be better off using a lighter waggler type rod for more comfort?

Also I want to give more time to stalking and was thinking of buying a dedicated stalking rod such as the Wychwood Extricator but can't decide whether to go for a 6ft or 9ft one. 6ft would be better for getting through the undergrowth and bushes but would I have more control over a hooked fish with a 9ft one?

Cheers chaps.

Last edited by Lefty on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extricator NOT Agitator)
Lefty
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:38 am

I'll be starting my tench campaign soon but I'll have to get some carp fishing in as well. I'll probably hit the commercial until the local water warms a bit. It's well shallow and very open to boot, so I'll wait till the sun gets to it. Nobody really fishes it, or not seriously at least, so me and my mate should hopefully come up with something.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikey_Mike on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:59 am

Lefty wrote:I've just spooled up with some 15lb PowerPro specifically for floater fishing as I'm really gonna give it a go this year. I've done it before when the fish have been up in the water and cast out some bread or some other floating bait. My biggest is a 10lb carp. Other times when it is in the height of summer with plenty of flies buzzing around, I've grabbed one and hooked it then cast that out. That really can turn a frustrating day around.

I'd like to ask a couple of questions to you lads that do more carping than I do.

What rod will be best for floater fishing for carp? Is my Fox Warrior Z 2.75lb going to be too heavy for this type of fishing and would I be better off using a lighter waggler type rod for more comfort?

Also I want to give more time to stalking and was thinking of buying a dedicated stalking rod such as the Wychwood Extricator but can't decide whether to go for a 6ft or 9ft one. 6ft would be better for getting through the undergrowth and bushes but would I have more control over a hooked fish with a 9ft one?

Cheers chaps.

I'd opt for something a bit lighter myself, like a 2-2.25 but it also depends on the size of the fish and the action of the rod really.
I often use a 1.25 avon rod on a local pit that has carp to the 18-20 mark,had them to 12 out of there with no bother.

As for the stalker i'd say the 9ft, as you said a bit more control over the fish and better line pick up on the strike.

More on topic with the particles, hemp maize and pidgeon conditioner with a good splash of mollasses is a good mix.

Pikey_Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:57 pm

Is pidgeon conditioner just a more appropriate name for pidgeon s***??

Never used either so merely interested.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:22 pm

totally underated is mollasses use it in all my carp, tench and bream mixes

but never get mine from a tackle shop all ways get mine from a pet shop as its £5.99 for 5 litres far cheaper than any tackle shop
tackle tart
tackle tart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikey_Mike on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:Is pidgeon conditioner just a more appropriate name for pidgeon s***??

Never used either so merely interested.

It's a seed mix, for feeding pidgeons that has a twang of aniseed to it, pick up up from annimal supply places, same as the mollasses, hemp and maize, far far cheaper than the tackle shop, though some have twigged and upped the price it seems but still cheaper.

Pikey_Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:10 am

I've always bought my mollasses from the local pet shop. £5 for a 5lt tub or take a small pop bottle in and she will fill it for a quid Rolling Eyes

And yes, she does know what I use it for and not upped the price Smile

I also get my carp/bream 'groundbait' from her too. Vitalin.
Lefty
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:27 am

Ah right Mike. As soon as I read aniseed, I thought I've heard mention of it somewhere. Cheers mate.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down