Surface fishing with Bread

Go down

Surface fishing with Bread Empty Surface fishing with Bread

Post  cavemandom on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:59 pm

I had a day last weekend fishing for perch with livebait, when I had my sandwich for lunch I threw a few pieces of bread flakes in and around my float with the intention of attracting other fish into the swim hoping that big Perch would come into the swim also, within 20-30 secs of frowing the bread in the swim just came alive with fish swirling and movement on the surface, at one point it got quite frantic, I know the water I was on has a good head of Rudd Roach Bream & tench, I want to target the bream and rudd with the bread again, how do I do this, what type of rig, do I use a float with no wieght on for bite indication, can anyone suggest the best way to target these surface/shallow depth feeding Bream Roach Rudd....

cavemandom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Surface fishing with Bread Empty Re: Surface fishing with Bread

Post  carpfanatic on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Fairly light pole set up, 2lb line, no.5 or 6 lacky, 20 hook, bread punch, feeding small balls of liquidised little and often, and fish well up in the water once you see plenty of confident fish activity d Wink

You won't go far wrong with that pal Very Happy
carpfanatic
carpfanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cavemandom on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:33 am

carpfanatic wrote:Fairly light pole set up, 2lb line, no.5 or 6 lacky, 20 hook, bread punch, feeding small balls of liquidised little and often, and fish well up in the water once you see plenty of confident fish activity d Wink

You won't go far wrong with that pal Very Happy
i dont use a pole, i only started fishing 18 months ago and that was lure fishing, in 18 months i'v gone from the lure to deadbaiting, i struggled last summer with the pike so i fancy having a pop at general course, so your saying use a float set up and fish shallow???

cavemandom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:45 am

use a float rod and fish a floating feeder,hooklength about 18",this works better when a bit warmer Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  carpfanatic on Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Sorry, my mistake for making the assumption.

In that case, 3lb line, to a very light waggler - Make sure it's big enough to cast comfortably though.
Fish a 1lb 12oz hooklink and feed liquidised bread, but lace it with some casters. Fish a size 18 hook, with Caster, again shallow. See what mood the fish are in. If you can get away with leaving the hookpoint out of the bait, do, it will boost your hook up rate. But sometimes the fish can shy away, unless it is buried inside the caster.

Good luck mate Wink
carpfanatic
carpfanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down