START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!!

Go down

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Empty START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!!

Post  tackle tart on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:19 pm

STARTING THE SEASON WITH A BANG !

i hope you enjoy the read of my first session of the year

As sunday past i was getting ever increasingly excited with the prospect of getting my 2011 carping off the mark and getting to play with my new rods and hopefully christen them with a fish or two .
All the prepping had been done and i had a choice of venues that i could visit and also a choice of how long i went for as i had the next seven days to devote to my fishing .
Monday morning dawned and i was up and rearing to go but i just had a couple of jobs to do for the missus and then i was free to go ,i was very excited just like a child on christmas day with a new present and i couldn,t wait to get to my venue i had earlier decided to start at .
It was around 9,30 when i turned up at the gate and soon i was driving down the track to the lake i could hardly contain my excitement as i turned into the car park and saw the lake ,it looked superb and it was also empty so i had a choice of any given swim .

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp042

I took time in making a walk around the venue stopping in every swim looking for visible signs of carp showing and with a strong south westerly getting up wasn,t easy
it wasn,t to long before a carp showed right in the middle of the lake, but i wanted to hopefully see more i also took into consideration the wind hacking into the bank and although it was a good south westerly and sometime it would be good to be on the bank where the wind is blowing into even though it can be uncomfortable but it can give the angler prepared to endure them good results .
however i felt with the water being very cold this decision wouldn,t be the right one of having the wind into my face as i felt the fish could possibly be on the back of the wind .
Soon i spotted another couple of fish and these were on the back of the wind in the calm water i continued to walk round and again in a small bay which was very sheltered there were signs of carp there to.
So with this in mind i decided to set up with this bay to my left and fished at the end of a small spit of ground coming out into the lake which gave me many options one of which if any one turned up they couldn,t cast over into the area i would be fishing .
It wasn,t long before i was all set up and although it was a two rod rule on the venue i couldn,t resist putting my third rod on the pod to get a picture (sorry its a tart thing )

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp009

after my bit of self endulgence it was time to decide where i was going to fish and tactics i was going to employ ,but i needed to get out the marker to find out a bit about the topography of the lake bed and the water depth i had ,while watching the water to see carp and i would even move now if i felt the fish were moving into other area,s.
I soon had my area,s sorted out and rods were marked up to these spot for easy casting after the hours of darkness
I decided as there were fish in the bay to my left i would bait a area up and fish a bait on to it ,hoping if the fished moved out they would put there heads down and have a good old munch and even though the water was cold i wasn,t going to bait it lightly, as i feel the fish are waking up and will want to feed and only time will tell if my decision was the right one .
The other rod i decided to fish at the end of the point of land as the water depth changed at this point from 11ft to around 8ft , A good point of where i decided to place the baits were i could creep round on the point and quietly bait the area,s with out causing any unecessary disturbance , also had a good vantage point to see the whole lake so i could keep an eye on where i see fish during the session
I also decided to bait two margin spots and would keep an eye on these for signs of any fish during the session which incidently would be for 48 hours
With every thing done and rigs made up on the bank for where i would be fishing it was time to cast my rods for the first time and sit back and wait hopefully for a run or two .
I certainly did not know what to expect as i hadn,t fished here before and information on the place was sketchy at best but intising enough to give it a try
I sat back back with a very welcomed coffee and sat taking in the site and sounds of the wildlife it certainly was very nice and quiet and having the lake to my self was just an added bonus .
It was around 3.30pm and a fish rolled just of my area on the end of the point and this hightened my sensors and hoped it was just go a bit to its left and drop onto my baited spot there .
It must have been about five minute later when the bobbins slowly started to rise setting off the indicator ,i soon was on to the rod and lifting into the carp which was now gathering speed to make its escape and boy did it want to escape the rod handed its well but the carp was still going to try and escape and the clutch started to tick over slowly to start with and then just carried on , i was pleased but surprised all at the same time and the carp had taken at least 50 yards before i managed to turn it and get some sort of control
The battle seemed to go of for ages and the carp really did put up a good account for itself and every passing minute i kept thinking it must be bigger than what i had first thought.
I finally got it near the surface and was shocked at how big it look in the water and it was a ghostie too!! and looking at it in the water i knew i had a potentially new ghostie PB attached to my line .
The anxious seconds passed and i wasn,t getting its head up and the longer it went on the more worried i was i could lose it .
I hadn,t noticed a young angler turn up and he came over as he could see me struggling a bit and offered to net it for me which i don,t normally ,but this fish was given me problems and it would be good to have a hand and one less thing to worry about .
I was very relieved to see pass over the drawstring of the net and the lad scoop it up , i don,t mind saying that is one of the best fights i,ve had of a carp in a long time ,as i looked into the net i was shocked but happy at its width and length it looked massive !! and what a way to start the season of 2011 and what a way to christen the new rods .

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp022

it was soon weighed and the young lad even took the pictures for me and i hope you,ll agree its certainly a cracker
30lb 8oz which not only is it a new ghost carp PB it also achieves one of the goals i set myself this year of a ghostie over thirty .
I didn,t know what to do now i was so made up i really didn,t care if i caught another fish this session ,so i thought the best thing to do was just take in the moment of what i had achieved in my own fishing before putting the rod back out .
The afternoon settled back to a bit of normality and coming up to dusk i was gaining my focus back and then the same rod was off again this time the fish didn,t seem to be as big and it wasn,t long before i was scooping up a plump little 12lb mirror

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp029

This session was certainly going well and on releasing this fish i took the oppotunity to reel the other rod in a creep round onto the point to bait up the point definately and just add a trickle of bait on the other spot .
I quietly in the bivvy door looking out at the lake and again taking in the how quiet this place is i could hear the odd fish crashing out in the bay to my left ,but no action came to my rods during the early evening and around 11pm i decided to turn in and see if anything would happen during the hours of darkness .
It didn,t seem if i had even had my eyes shut for more than a second but it was actually 2AM when i was awoken by the rod to my left this time and another strong battle with a carp ensued .
These carp are certainly strong and really do fight hard, it wasn,t to long before carp number three slipped into the net and as i lifted it again it felt a tidy weight and on weighing it just tipped the scales by one ounce over twenty ,this was certainly going very well indeed .

20lb 1oz
START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp035

i retired back to my bivvy thinking how much better is it going to get and decided to again sit there for a while with a coffee and a smoke before retiring to my pit.
again i hadn,t seem to shut my eyes before i was back out hitting yet another run again to the rod along the bank towards the bay and a good fight was put up by the carp but the rods were more than up for them and soon i had a common in the net and recorded a weight of 16lb 4oz
This was certainly going very well and the fish seem to be having it maybe it was my approach and tactics or the weather conditions but i like think it was a bit of both .
The fish was returned and i returned to my pit to hopefully get a bit of kip

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp033
16lb 4oz

I awoke early just as the dawn was breaking but to be honest i didn,t really get to sleep as i as still buzzing of the first capture and the others are just icing on the cake .
While i sat there drinking a wake up brew i heard the first car pull into the car park and two anglers walked to the bottom end of the lake and set up these were soon joined be anther three so there was now 7 anglers on the lake and i wondered if this would have any bearing on how it would fish ,and with this keen south westerly blowing across the lake which actually didn,t feel to warm whether that would effect the fishing .
I was a quiet morning and around 10am i reeled the rods in and decided to go chat to the others fishing to see how they were getting on and also see if they had fished here before and hopefully i could gleen some info of them , i was also considering packing up and go to another venue as i had a brilliant start on here and could all ways come back . such is the luxury when you have seven day to go fishing
On speaking to the first angler i came to it was soon apparent he or none of the others had fished here before but thought they would give it a go .
I spent a bit of time chatting to each of them and getting to the third angler he was actualy the lad who had landed my ghostie
and he was packing up as he hadn,t seen or had anything over night i thanked him for his help and left him to pack up .
the next angler was bream fishing as he knew there was some big bream in here and he,d never had a double while i sat hatting to him his quiver wrapped round and he was into a slab and what a slab at then in the net it was big but he too had achieved a PB which weighed 11lb 10oz i just wish i had brought my camera round i congratulated him left him to bask in his moment as his mates all reeled him to come a see this magnificent creature,.this made my mind up to stay and do another night as i originally decided.and also my bivvy was still wet from the night before and i didn,t fancy packing away wet and then setting up on another water .
The rest of the day was quiet no one had anything else and around 6pm all the anglers had gone home leaving me the lake again all to myself .
I was getting concerned with the lack of fish i had seen in my area,s today and wonder whether i would get any a=more action although i wasn,t to bothered now if i did .
With every thing re-baited and the new rigs made up i was soon in position and enjoy another peace full evening by the lake side .
I was feeling really tired form not getting much sleep the night before and decided to lay in the bag and i shut my eyes this was around 9pm and i was soon sound asleep but not for long as i was awoken once again at midnight by a screaming indicator ,again a great battle with a carp ensued with me winning yet again and this time it was a cracking fully scaled mirror of 18lb 10oz gracing my net

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp004

I was really happy but very tired and after reeling this carp i got straight back into my bed and just shut my eyes only to get up again as the rod which i though i had just cast out was off again but actually it had been two hours ago
It was soon weighed a couple of pics taken of the chunky 15lb mirror and then it was released to go about the rest of the night well whats left of it .

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp040

Again i got back into my pit to get some sleep but the carp were not going to let me ,as no sooner had i shut my eyes when the other rod was wanting to join in the fun again i scramble into the slip on,s and went out to fight another hard fighting carp which with my tiredness seem to be getting harder each time .
This one really had eaten his shredded wheat and for its size really pulled back and tried all he could to get into the reed bed to my left but again the rods had performed well and soon this fat carp of 16lb 10z laid resting in my net .

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp041

Again this was returned and this time with the time just passing three AM i decided to get the rod in position and then have a brew and smoke as i felt if i went back to bed i,de be up straight away such was my confidence at the moment .
But sadly this was the last action and i came out of my slumber at 6.30am feeling very tired still
The kettle was put on and over the coffee i reflected on how brilliant the last 36hours had been and decided i was going to pack up and head off home for some much needed rest
This certainly is a session i,ll remember for a long time to come for the quality of the fish and the venue and will be coming back here more than once in the future .
Now i,m sitting here at home writing this up and with still 5 days to go and fish if i want to , and you know what ? i,m very content with myself and i might not go anywhere else this week but after a good nights sleep in a comfy bed that all will no doubt change and i,ll more than likely be out again .

Last edited by tackle tart on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:36 am; edited 3 times in total
tackle tart
tackle tart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Empty Re: START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!!

Post  adie1200 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:40 pm

A cracking read Kev Wink Very Happy Very Happy
And some beautiful fish Cool Cool Cool
What a session i bet you are still buzzing lol
Well done mate Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Empty Re: START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!!

Post  nickcarpy on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:03 pm

well done kev on the ghostie mate,they do seem to put a good fight up Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:51 pm

thanks yes i am still buzzing aidie and they do fight very well nick

oh and guess what i,ve decided to go tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy
tackle tart
tackle tart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:53 pm

Good luck Kev Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Look forward to the next lot of pics lol! lol! lol!

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:09 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:42 pm

Wonderful write up, a big well done Tackletart Very Happy

Steve French

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:36 pm

well done bud great start Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kell on Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:13 am

sorry but your fish identification stinks tackletart they are WET DONKEYS not carp could make a fortune on brid beach with most of them lol

well in m8 Very Happy
kell
kell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:01 am

by kell on Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:13 am
sorry but your fish identification stinks tackletart they are WET DONKEYS not carp could make a fortune on brid beach with most of them lol

you crack me up kell lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

thanks
tackle tart
tackle tart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Well done kev - that ghostie is an absolute stunner Smile - The pre-baiting campaign paid off then? lol
tootall
tootall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  carpfanatic on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:02 am

Well in Wink
carpfanatic
carpfanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart on Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:23 am

thanks lads

was hoping to be back there Sunday night but its looking doubtful at the moment ,but my mate is keeping the bait going in Smile
tackle tart
tackle tart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  patch on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:24 am

cracking stuff kev top session and well done on the pb ghosite Cool
patch
patch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:45 am

that's some fantastic fishing kev. Well done. A great write up too. Have you had any work published?

Andy Webster

View user profile http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:53 pm

Thanks for the kind words

No never had any work published as I've never sent any in to magazines , as i don,t think them to be of a standard fitting to be published buts that just my opinion

I just love doing write ups for others to enjoy my adventures and hopefully have a good read
tackle tart
tackle tart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:04 pm

dont under estimate your self i think all your write ups would be published mate a lot better than some of the rubbish i read in the rags Very Happy
deadbait
deadbait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:26 pm

MY CARPING HAS TAKEN OFF AT AIRFIELDS LAKES

After not being able to get on one of the waters I’m fishing this year it left my plans a bit up in the air as I hadn’t made plans to go somewhere .
So after a bit of thought I decided to go fish a water that I had put on my list but after looking at there website I felt a bit put off by the Ariel shot of the lake as it didn’t have any tree’s and bushes around it as it was a new water which has just open up .
But you shouldn’t go by a picture as you might just be missing out ( I’m glad I didn’t now ) so I thought I would take this opportunity and give it a go .
I gave Richard Wilby the fishery owner a quick phone call to make sure there was space and was soon heading off to the lake .
It was around 12.30pm when I turned up and as I pulled into the car park I could see the lake through the newly constructed otter fence which had been erected to keep the little scoundrels out of this new fishery .
I unloaded the car and headed off around the lake to find a swim I felt I had a chance to catch from .
It was soon apparent with a strong wind blowing into the far bank and this was where I found the majority fish showing very close in and decided this was going to be where I was going to set up base camp and fish
I soon was set up and Richard made an appearance and introduced himself and we chatted for a good hour about the new lake he has set up and what it contained ,it was really refreshing to see an owner who is prepared to spend a bit of time and help instead of just taking your money and leaving you to get on with it .
My main approach was to bait a couple of margin spots with a variety particles and fish maize over the top of one of the areas as carp were right in the margins and just keep an eye on the other .
The other two rods I again decided to fish one on a boilie approach and one the other I thought I would try an old favorite ,the method as it’s a new lake you don’t know what they might want
But first I had to make the method which couldn’t be easier as I was using scalded pellets which I had laced first with a variety of liquids to give it added punch .
With the traps set around 3.45pm it was time to sit down in the shade of the bivvy as it was really hot and get the kettle on for a welcome brew and just relax and watch the water for a while and see what happens .
But this wasn’t going to be the case as the carp decided they wanted to come a say hi to me as well and it was the method rod that was away ,the first thing I noticed was s how hard fighting these carp were which is a good sign of healthy carp .
I eventually got the power packed carp in the net and took it to the unhooking mat which incidentally are supplied in every well laid out swims along with the 42inch net and weigh sling which is a nice touch .

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp002

This was a good start and I was pleased to be of the mark in such a short time with such a nice fish and soon had my home made method which is packed with fish pulling liquids was back on the spot and I finally got my coffee which was nice .
The fish were showing in front of me which just added to my already increasing confidence and I felt it wasn’t going to be too long before I had another and I was proven right as the same rod was away again the fish fought hard and when I got it in the net I got my first look at this stunning linear who could be disappointed with a fish like this !!!

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp004-1

This was soon released and I took a moment to enjoy the capture before I sent the method back on to the spot , again it wasn’t long before this rod was of again and a pretty little carp of just over ten pound was banked I noticed that all these carp aren’t long fish but a short solidly packed carp with cracking scale patterns . I was doing well and it isn’t even tea time on the first day .
They were certainly loving my method ,again I put it back on the spot and hoped it continued to fish this well I was certainly enjoying my first session at this lake and the weather was good too .
The carp were still showing in front of me and every now and again a carp would cruise under my rods making the most of the warm sunshine warming the margins
Soon I was again into another hard fighting carp again on the method but this time it was a nice plump common carp which actually surprised me when it weighed more than it looked

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp006

I was glad I’d decided to take the pellets to scald up as this certainly was the method to be on at the moment and after carp number five which again was another nicely scaled carp I started to think I could be in for one hell of a nights carping if the y continued to feed like this and if the other rods started I could be in for a fantastic trip not that this wasn’t all ready.
As early evening was soon upon me and the runs had slowed down a bit and so had the rod knock that you get when fishing the method I decided to take this opportunity to have a bite to eat
After a quick tea I re baited all the rods ready for the evening and night but again the method rod had other idea’s and I was soon playing yet another healthy carp which gave a good account for itself

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp007

With this soon released it became quiet and the evening passed quite quickly , I sat watching the water and was wondering why the runs had dried up and dusk fell , with the clear skies it didn’t, seem to really get dark and in the low light I watched the water and the carp were still showing all over the lake
It was around 11.30pm when I turned in but I didn’t really get to sleep as I was excited and never really sleep properly when I’m on the bank also every now and again a carp would crash out and I woke up ,also through the early hours I got a couple of liners on the method rod as this was the only rod which I hadn’t slack lined.
It was around 4.45am when I awoke and it was surprisingly light considering . I made myself coffee and sat out side watching the water for early signs of carp it was quiet and I do like this time of morning with the first glimmers of the dawn coming through and the sounds of the dawn chorus ,its such a magical time to be up

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp012

I decided only to refresh the method rod as I didn’t want to disturb the margin rod and a fish had just shown over the rod I’d baited with boilies so I thought I better leave it for now as I didn’t want to miss a chance of a take .
As I went to cast a carp was feeding over where I had just removed the method , it was certainly feeding hard as it gave itself away with the plumes of bubbles showing of the surface which is all ways a tell tale sign of feeding fish. I didn't hesitate and cast right onto the spot where it was feeding, I put the rod down and clipped the bobbin on and went to sit down and before I had a chance the rod was away and the line hissed off the reel .
Another good scrap followed and yet another plump common was safely in the folds of the net this was hopefully going to another good day .The carp were again showing and quite a few over where I had the method rod I soon had the trap set again and as the first rays of the sun came over the trees another run came to the same rod as like all the rest of the carp it fought hard and I’d recommend any one who like waters where the carp fight hard then you should give this place a go .Once again I had it in the net it turned out to be the biggest of the session so far and again was a stunner

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp016

Again I went through the routine of molding the pellet around the method feeder and sent it back out to the same spot where the carp seem to be queuing up this morning to get some .Again the rod tip started to tap and every now and again the bobbin would set off the indicator in a series of bleeps but you really have to sit on your hands and wait for it to tear off which wasn’t to long and again I had another mustang lake carp in the net . This was turning out again to be another good day , it was also starting to warm up and i felt my on the bottom tactics would not be fruitful so I started to decide the tactics for the day I felt with it again going to be warm the carp would be on the surface so I I tied some zigs and before I had finished carp number 10 was getting the taste for the method

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp019

With this fish released and the sun was now getting up and sure enough the runs dried up which I actually didn’t mind as it gave me time to finish the Zigs off and have another brew and a smoke before i switched tactics .Richard was making his daily round again spending time to chat to all the anglers to see how they were getting on and offered his advice to any angler wanting it ,after a chat with myself Richard carried on around the lake .I decided to rest my swim and go use the on site facility which like every thing on this complex was very good indeed .
It also gave me a chance to go round and see the lake from different sides which would give me a different perspective for future sortie's at the lake it also gave me a chance to chat to the others who were enjoying the fishing on offer and hopefully any regulars may give me information that also could help on future trips .
It was now getting very hot infact it was to hot for me to be honest so once I was back into my swim I got the Zigs out in position and retreated in to my bivvy for a bit of welcomed shade
I watch the carp milling around my swim on the surface every now and again passing close to my placed zigs but they were not interested at all
while no action came It was nice to be able to watch a pair of common sandpipers scuttling along the edges of the island foraging for food , I’d not seen these before so for awhile they had my attention and for such a little wading bird that don’t half make a noise
I also took the opportunity to take a couple of shots of the lake while it was quiet

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp027
START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp021

I must have fallen asleep at some point with it being hot as it was soon mid afternoon once awoke I decided on the tactics for the evening and night and with the amount of carp in my area and close in I decided I’d again bait the margins on one spot with just maize and the other margin rod with some small grubber pellets mixed with a few broken boilies half’s and quarters and 10mm boilies ,and 10mm dumbbells just to confuse any carp that might come across the spot .With these two rods set in place the other rod was changed back to the method and this rod was soon sent onto the spot that had been so successful so far .
I was expecting a another good evening such was my confidence .Richard again made his rounds and stopped off at my swim for a chat and congratulated me on my session so far .
He also gave me a couple of good tips for my future fishing .
While Rich was there the method was off and Rich done the honors and landed the carp for me which was recognizable by its half tail and has been named so but despite this it still fought well just like all the other carp

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp030

Once the rod was out the fishing was a bit slower this was probably because it was still hot and may be when it cooled down the fish might be more inclined to have a munch this evening , but every now and again the carp would knock into the method letting me know they were still there .
An hour or so past before I got another run yet again to the method rod and it was fighting hard like all the others and I was playing it like I normally do and then for no reason it bumped off the hook . Yes I was a bit disappointed because up till then I’d had a 100% record .
I checked the rig but couldn’t see anything wrong but changed it to a new rig anyway this was sent back out.
I was relieved as the temperature went down in the evening and expecting a hectic night ahead but the evening hadn’t finish and I was again soon into another one of the lakes hard fighting residents

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp034

This has certainly turned into a cracking session much better than I first expected and if some one had said you’ll catch 6 carp over the next 48 hours in these conditions I’d have taken it, as the conditions haven’t been the best for fishing with clear skies and hot days and cool nights .
Like yesterday evening the action slowed right down but I wasn’t worried and was still confident that one of my margin rods would be sprung during the night
I turned in around ten thirty and laid there listening to carp crashing out all over the lake, I still get a buzz from hearing them at night as every now and again one crashes out that you just know is a really good fish and you wished it was in your swim over one of the baited spots
Again I was up early and after my wake up brew I reeled all the rods in and decided to just fish two rods both on the method also on the same spot as this was the only method that had worked for me on this session .
Soon I had two rods on the area i,d been doing so well in, they were right next to each other and all most immediately the rods started knocking and soon the first run of the morning was signaled by a screaming indicator I played it and wasn’t really concentrating and lost yet another carp .
I calmly re baited it and sent it back out and started to pack my gear away as i was off the lake today , it wasn’t again to long before I was interrupted by yet another take ,this time on the rod next to the one I just had a run on .
This time my luck held and yet another well built carp graced the net

START THE SEASON OFF WITH A BANG !!!! Carp035-1

I followed this capture with yet another smaller carp around ten and a half pound which was another pretty scaled carp and was incidentally the last carp of this cracking session .
I know I enjoyed the lake and the fishing it offered ,cause I actually didn’t want to leave and dragged out reeling the rods in till the last minute but sadly I had to leave.
Apart from the cracking carping side of it, its run very well by a dedicated angler who is willing to put his time to helping the anglers , the on site facilities are clean . there’s secure parking and its set well away from any noisy road so it makes it peaceful to allow you to listen to the wildlife around while enjoying your fishing .
It well worth a visit and I’ll be going again and I’m already planning a trip

Here,s the link to the website
http://www.airfieldlakes.com
tackle tart
tackle tart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  patch on Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:06 pm

quality kev just pure quality love'd reading that write up mate Very Happy

belting session you had there and sum very nice carp cought Cool
patch
patch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kell on Sun May 01, 2011 5:34 am

awsome as usual.
1 question what camera do you use and do you us long exposure due to everything been in focus even in the distance.
kell
kell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart on Sun May 01, 2011 8:36 am

no kell i broke my good camera that i used to use last july and since then i use a box standard casio EXILIM 7.2 mega pixel i have to say for such a small compact camera is takes decent picture
tackle tart
tackle tart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Mon May 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Excellent read and pics once again Kev - really enjoyed that - thanks and well done Cool
tootall
tootall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French on Tue May 03, 2011 9:18 am

Excellent write up Very Happy well done Tackle Tart. Very Happy

Steve French

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down