Wells Catfish

Go down

Wells Catfish Empty Wells Catfish

Post  tootall on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Going to be fishing a carp water that has some nice cats (up to 70+) in it soon.

Hopefully i might have something to report later in a few weeks when i get on and give them a go.

In the meantime any helpful hints or tips would be much appreciated. Cool
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Wells Catfish Empty Re: Wells Catfish

Post  nickcarpy on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:51 pm

good tackle mate and hold on if you get one!!! Very Happy hopefully will get again ths year but he water i went to for them as banned all members of a forum which i was part off!![no this one] long story!!
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart on Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:30 am

good luck tootal

they certainly do pull your string so as nick said hold on Very Happy
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

Wells Catfish Empty Re: Wells catfish

Post  CRIB on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:17 pm

If it is a french lake I would try BIG halibuts that have been soaked in halibut oil, the cat in my pic is a small french cat at 42lb it came to 5 24mm soaked halibuts on a hair over a bed of 8mm pellets.
If you can get any fish locally or can catch baitfish from the lake that is also good but if they are OK with it it's livebait everytime.
For deadbaits and halibuts I just use 1 oz running leads on a VERY light clutch or clipped similar to pike, cats will drop the bait at the slightest resistance but then take off like a missile.
Tip for you I have found that if the fight starts to get hard, cats will stop and sulk if you take the pressure off, gives your arm a rest & glove them onto an unhooking mat to get them onto the bank.
All the best, you will be hooked after the first one Twisted Evil
CRIB
CRIB

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:04 pm

Thats great - thanks.

I have been advised before to make up a hair rig with a size 1/0 hook and a very long hair allowing for say 4 big hallibut pellets to be threaded onto it. Then as an extra bit of attraction put a strip of squid actually on the hook.

A mate recently caught a 40 and a 28 from the water i'm talking about and he used roach deadbaits, so maybe i should go with that.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum