Carp Fishing For Less Than A Tenner

Go down

Carp Fishing For Less Than A Tenner Empty Carp Fishing For Less Than A Tenner

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Thu May 26, 2011 3:14 am

Has anyone tried tinned Butter Beans and Kidney Beans (maybe the chili flavoured ones) for carp fishing. Myself and Andy_1984 on a sub-tenner for bait 5-6 rod carp session at the weekend.

Going to buy 7 kilos of frozen corn/2 kilos of black lentils (which I'll cook) and mix that with evaporated milk and some salmon oil (add the chili sauce from the beans), which I have already for spodding, which we'll measure out and clip up to.

Then using 2 banksticks, we'll measure all the rods to same distance and fish along a line of our spod mix about 15 feet apart.

We're thinking of trying drilled nuts, drilled chickpeas, kidney beans in chili sauce and tinned corn for hookbaits.

Gonna spod out about 5 kilos of bait and then keep the remaining 2 kilos for PVA bags.

Sound good?

Oh aye, also have chickpeas, floating red (glugged) and yellow corn, yellow foam and a few strawberry boilies (glugged) which we'll try fishing critically balanced and fake maggots for a Medusa's head rig.

Maybe mix all the baits up for cocktails too?

This stuff we have so we still won't be bursting the tenner.

....Regards....Andy

Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Carp Fishing For Less Than A Tenner Empty Re: Carp Fishing For Less Than A Tenner

Post  nickcarpy on Thu May 26, 2011 3:57 pm

tesco value tin kidney,butter and haricot beans are great baits and ready to use,soaked in salt water and carp love the salt..try maples there a cheap bait,aduki bens are good to..also if putting particles in pva bags get a small tub with loads of salted water in rinse the beans ect with tat and bang in bag,if you got the salt water ratio right the pva bags wont melt from the the wet bait or sprinkle ground bait on first to take moist off Very Happy Very Happy good luck anyway andy Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Carp Fishing For Less Than A Tenner Empty Re: Carp Fishing For Less Than A Tenner

Post  noodle on Fri May 27, 2011 12:46 am

nickcarpy wrote:tesco value tin kidney,butter and haricot beans are great baits and ready to use,soaked in salt water and carp love the salt..try maples there a cheap bait,aduki bens are good to..also if putting particles in pva bags get a small tub with loads of salted water in rinse the beans ect with tat and bang in bag,if you got the salt water ratio right the pva bags wont melt from the the wet bait or sprinkle ground bait on first to take moist off Very Happy Very Happy good luck anyway andy Very Happy

i dried them and covered them in groundnut oil

second reply to this on two forums

every breath you take every move you make.....

such a good tune for a stalker Razz
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sun May 29, 2011 12:41 am

My plan with the corn going into the bags was too drain it once defrosted, spread it out on a towel to remove most of the moisture, then coat the corn in Salmon Oil or something similar (got loads of redundant lamprey oil actually). Then before filling the PVA bags I was going to add a drop to the inside of each bag and rub the bags between my hands to coat the insides of the bags throughly, so they don't met right away.

Other than that, does my plan seem sound??
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  craigpix2000 on Sun May 29, 2011 10:01 pm

dont forget to add abit of salt Smile
The way i usually do mine is dry some corn out like u said then put in a tray and and bang some dry groundbait in (green swimstim for me) it will take some of the extra moisture out just enough to dust the corn add some salt and oils then bag it up i'd even add some chilli hemp (pva freindly) just to keep em grubbing about Very Happy
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down