Eels & there shortage,

Go down

Eels & there shortage, Empty Eels & there shortage,

Post  paddy pike on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Me and Eddie went for a couple of hours Pikeing to a local Club water, We were after Pike as normal, When we got there there were a couple of club members still fishing said they had been catching nothing but Eels Eels and more Eels since eight am in the morning, All of them around the half pound to a pound in weight, So me and Eddie set up i had two Pike rods out with dead baits on, I was useing the head of a Joey Mackrel and a four inch Smelt, I was getting loads of movement on both Floats but you can tell they were Eels messing with the Bait, And that was just how it stayed for me, FULL REPORT HERE
Eddie on the other hand was fishing for bream and tench with maggot on one Rod and had a dead baited rod over to his left hand side, He had a few little fish on the maggots with a size eight hook, As we were packing everything away ready for the off, Eddie's Pike Rod was starting to attract some attention, We knew it was another Eel messing but as the Float bobbed violently i said to Eddie to just leave it for a minute or two just to see what happens, Then all of a sudden the Float Bobbed twice and went under, Eddie struck strait away to set the hook, And it was on, And what a good Eel it was and very very lively, It was just on the 3Lb mark, A good Eel in anybody's book, Have a look
Eels & there shortage, 040620111052
So what the heck happened to this so called Eel shortage, There are as many Eels as ever and Bigger than Ever before in our local canals, Anyone got any thoughts on the matter, I personaly think they have been here for as long as some of us, And have never been back to the sargasso sea, Maybe its just the ones that have been to the sargasso sea that are in danger, Who Knows, But that Eel Eddie has hold of must be better part of 25 years old,
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Eels & there shortage, Empty Re: Eels & there shortage,

Post  nickcarpy on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:37 am

a cracking eel pal,and like you say must be 25 years plus old Very Happy Cool
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:43 am

funnily enough bought some smoked eel at the weekend it was very nice indeed no wonder theres a shortage he seemed to have a lot for sale
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  onetoner on Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:47 pm

On my local i talk to a guy who fishes for roach and i've seen him catch eels alot recently, including one on monday there over 4lb
onetoner
onetoner

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:47 pm

onetoner wrote:On my local i talk to a guy who fishes for roach and i've seen him catch eels alot recently, including one on monday there over 4lb
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:12 pm

There has been an upserge in the amount of eels caught this year and after the ban on taking them it is really showing through, Most of the eels are what we call silvers and only weigh up to half a pound but to get them around the 4Lb mark is fantastic, These Eels could be up to seventy years old, Excelent Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:39 pm

paddy pike wrote:
Me and Eddie went for a couple of hours Pikeing to a local Club water, We were after Pike as normal, When we got there there were a couple of club members still fishing said they had been catching nothing but Eels Eels and more Eels since eight am in the morning, All of them around the half pound to a pound in weight, So me and Eddie set up i had two Pike rods out with dead baits on, I was useing the head of a Joey Mackrel and a four inch Smelt, I was getting loads of movement on both Floats but you can tell they were Eels messing with the Bait, And that was just how it stayed for me, FULL REPORT HERE
Eddie on the other hand was fishing for bream and tench with maggot on one Rod and had a dead baited rod over to his left hand side, He had a few little fish on the maggots with a size eight hook, As we were packing everything away ready for the off, Eddie's Pike Rod was starting to attract some attention, We knew it was another Eel messing but as the Float bobbed violently i said to Eddie to just leave it for a minute or two just to see what happens, Then all of a sudden the Float Bobbed twice and went under, Eddie struck strait away to set the hook, And it was on, And what a good Eel it was and very very lively, It was just on the 3Lb mark, A good Eel in anybody's book, Have a look
So what the heck happened to this so called Eel shortage, There are as many Eels as ever and Bigger than Ever before in our local canals, Anyone got any thoughts on the matter, I personaly think they have been here for as long as some of us, And have never been back to the sargasso sea, Maybe its just the ones that have been to the sargasso sea that are in danger, Who Knows, But that Eel Eddie has hold of must be better part of 25 years old,
that looks tasty eddie
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:29 pm

stubbo wrote:
paddy pike wrote:
that looks tasty eddie
It would take a couple of hours to smoke that stubbo mate bounce
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum