PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nearly That time of year again!

+6
tootall
kell
stubbo
paddy pike
Lefty
Lucan
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nearly That time of year again! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nearly That time of year again!

Post  stubbo Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:50 pm

did you find them warrior rods a bit soft mate i remember you aking about them awhile back
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Nearly That time of year again! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nearly That time of year again!

Post  newie2010 Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:51 pm

stubbo wrote:did you find them warrior rods a bit soft mate i remember you aking about them awhile back

no, not at all, excellent rods, short work, distance the lot.....
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucan Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:21 pm

And fishing near ice isn't the best idea as the ice can easily cut the line leaving the pike with a trace and god knows how much line

Lucan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:01 pm

tootall wrote:I apologise if you think that I was out of order and, yes, perhaps I should have explained for you in more detail the reasons i couldn't get out much last winter in my first post before I responded like i did in my second.

But just for the record, I mainly took offence because when someone I don't know tells me 'I can't be bothered' about my pike fishing, I take it as a bit of an insult. At the end of the day it is only a hobby, but one i do take very seriously.
Secondly, i find your tone a bit patronising when you refer to me as 'young man' and imply that i'm one of those pikers that 'don't like the cold', can't take the 'banter' or isn't dedicated enough to drive 3 hrs to get to a venue or fish 3 times a week (lucky for some lol). I fish when i can, and whether thats once a month or once a week, I always give it 100% effort, because as we all know, effort generally equals reward in this game.

I don't want this to turn into an argument, after all we don't even know each other.
We've both said our pieces, so lets forget about it and move on.
Water under the bridge as they say...

Cool

I found this post above and another of your posts patronising, but there you go.

Its all forgoton about now.

Lucky to fish 3 times a week? Maybe, but I make the effort to fish for a few hours after work, in the dark, I've got comitments too, wife and 3 kids. But I find making the effort to fish for a few hours does pay off, driving to your water and setting up after dark in the freezing cold is a bit of a pain but, as has been mentioned it can pay off, oh well, each to thier own, I like fishing for and catching Big Pike so I go to these legnths to catch them. Oh and I work full time too.

Sorry if I offended anyone with this or my other posts, I'll keep quiet from now on and let you boys do the talking.

Andrew.

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:45 am

newie2010 wrote:
stubbo wrote:did you find them warrior rods a bit soft mate i remember you aking about them awhile back

i bet they have a perminant set bend in them now with all the pike action muck
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  newie2010 Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:28 am

stubbo wrote:
newie2010 wrote:

i bet they have a perminant set bend in them now with all the pike action muck

what you mean??

£220 now for all the 5 rods, rucksack is sold...
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:33 am

its just my sence of humour mate lol...... no offence affraid
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  newie2010 Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:34 am

stubbo wrote:its just my sence of humour mate lol...... no offence affraid

oooooooooo i knew that LOL Razz
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2