Tootalls Syndi Visit

Go down

Tootalls Syndi Visit Empty Tootalls Syndi Visit

Post  tootall on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:48 pm

Quick blog about my recent Syndi visit. Bit of background info...Its a big water thats was only stocked earlier this year and currently the stock are averaging only 5-8lb, with a couple of upper doubles thrown in for good measure. It's been proving to be a hard nut to crack, probably down to the fact that there are so many naturals for the fish to feed on and they are only just turning onto the boilies and pellets.... There's also some cracking tench sport to be had....Please read on... Cool

Spent a nice long weekend on my Syndicate - just me and the dog, had the whole place to myself all weekend. Smile

Had a couple of blank short sessions previous to this and was determined to make my time there pay off. I was aware the rigs i was normally confident in using just weren't getting the results here. Even on the occasions where i knew I was on the fish I never had a single take. I put it down to the fact that the bait was getting badly masked by the weed, and the fact that maybe fishing bottom baits exclusively I was missing a trick or two....bearing all that in mind, the day before i left i tied up some new rigs that i thought would be more suited to fishing this venue.

Arrived on Fri lunchtime to see a lovely strong, warm SW wind blowing into the car park swim, and after seeing plenty of bubbles, swirls and suspended food in the area, even after a long slow walk around the lake, I decided to get set up here. First time i had fished that peg and I was feeling pretty confident as i got set up.

Without giving too much away ( Laughing ) I wanted to fish one rod right on the marginal weed bed, so I decided on one rod to ditch the normal braided hooklinks and leadclips in favour of some fluorocarbon and fish this helecopter style with a pop up (SLK) weighted so that it just sank.
This meant that on the cast, the lead buried in the weed, but the bait really slowly came to rest on top of the weed. Took a bit of tweeking in the margins to get right, but once i was happy it went out on a spot in the top bay.

Second rod was fished snowman style with a SLK bottom bait and a mini Icelandic red pink pop up and fished on a silty spot i'd found out in the middle of the bay.

Dog and I both settled it was time for some fodder cheers

Tootalls Syndi Visit Bccc3648

Anyway it didn't take long before I was into my first fish, a stunning little mirror that fell to the SLK pop up fished in the weed.
5lb on the nose.

Tootalls Syndi Visit 7b189d29

Next up was another little mirror - a really stocky but deep and wide fish of 5lb 11oz

Tootalls Syndi Visit 5487174e

Then came these 2 tench a few hours apart in the early hours on Sat, again on the SLK pop up in the weed.

5lb 7oz - lovely fish that fought like a steamtrain even on the heavy carp gear.

Tootalls Syndi Visit C9c67b8f

4lb 2oz

Tootalls Syndi Visit Fc1190b7

Finally came a fish that I was going to call a leather until i noticed 4 or 5 tiny, tiny scales between the back of the dorsal fin and the tail, so i guess that makes it a mirror...not the best pic as it was 10.30 on saturday night by this point. Once again it was the SLK pop up rig that produced. Shame the pic doesn't do the fish justice. Scales went to 6lb 2oz, the biggest of the session.

Tootalls Syndi Visit Cf4c07ed

By this time i was fishing both rods on that pop up rig and both on marginal spots, but that was it for me. I was hoping for some action during/just after the heavy rain on Sat night, but nothing came. The fish seemed to have moved off the area, and also catching a tufty duck which made such a commotion won't have helped.

I reeled in after sunday lunchtime and a visit from Gaz (cheers for the water again mate) and decided to take a stalking rod and some bread / dog biscuits for a tour round the lake as the wind died a bit, allowing me to spot fish more easily. I headed up to a quiet corner where I saw a group of 6 mirrors basking around. A few pieces of bread thrown in and they were taking it almost straight away. I kept flicking bits of bread in for a few minutes to really try and get them competing, and then disaster, the dog came wading into the margins trying to catch the bread i'd been chucking out...carp spooked! Bloody dog! geek

I finally called it a day as the sun was going down, but i'd had a really enjoyable weekend and felt really satisfied that I had made a step forward on this venue. Happy days Smile

Tootalls Syndi Visit Dc8bedd8

tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Tootalls Syndi Visit Empty Re: Tootalls Syndi Visit

Post  craigpix2000 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:39 pm

well done mate looks a good session i need to get my carp head on and get up there hopefully nxt few weeks are the sheep still there Laughing
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:11 pm

yeah sheep still on mate but stayed well away over far side. good job seeing as i had the dog with me lol
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:34 pm

the slk bait as a reputation as a big common banker pal,you done much on it? Very Happy well done on the fish to pal Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Well done on a cracking session Rob Wink Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:43 am

nickcarpy wrote:the slk bait as a reputation as a big common banker pal,you done much on it? Very Happy well done on the fish to pal Very Happy

This was the first outing on it Nick but I have another session on the 2nd Sept on a venue with only commons and tench in it so it'll be interesting to see what happens. You can tell its a quality bait though just by looking at the stuff...an i'm always a fan of companies that include crushed egg shell in the mix as i'm convinced the sound of them crunching on it draws in other fish.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Good fishing Tootall, the dog looked like it was enjoying it too Very Happy Very Happy

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Cheers Steve - the dog loved it lol.

Need to have a go at resizing those pics, just realised they are all cut off at the right hand side...
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  craigpix2000 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:51 pm

tootall wrote:
nickcarpy wrote:the slk bait as a reputation as a big common banker pal,you done much on it? Very Happy well done on the fish to pal Very Happy

This was the first outing on it Nick but I have another session on the 2nd Sept on a venue with only commons and tench in it so it'll be interesting to see what happens. You can tell its a quality bait though just by looking at the stuff...an i'm always a fan of companies that include crushed egg shell in the mix as i'm convinced the sound of them crunching on it draws in other fish.

ive allways done well on slk never blanked while using it and it works well at u know where couple of boilies and a handfull of matching pellets thats if hoover and dyson dont get there first lol Twisted Evil
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:19 am

I got sent some samples of the Malt-x, ocean-x and Nutta stuff as well. Not tried them yet, but they all look really good too.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:25 am

looks a nice water where you can be at one with nature Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content