PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there any fish in Loch Awe!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Are there any fish in Loch Awe!!!! Empty Are there any fish in Loch Awe!!!!

Post  Bearface Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:28 am

I've made the v long trip up to Loch Awe for the past 4 years and have struggled to find anywhere that's allowed the fishing to match the stunning settings! We have camped in the past along the south bank (Claddich, Durran etc) but have struggled to get many runs; neither me nor my mate are new to piking but am not all that used to fishing such big waters, hence me joining this forum!

I am aware that many folk abuse the surroundings up there and I'm totally against this (in fact we normally end up taking a bag or two of rubbish back withn us that we've found kicking about the bank)!

All trips are welcome and I'll share any knowledge too!!!

Cheers
Bearface

Bearface

Back to top Go down

Are there any fish in Loch Awe!!!! Empty Re: Are there any fish in Loch Awe!!!!

Post  Andy Macfarlane Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:23 pm

It's not called Loch F**k Awe for nothing!!...lol

Stick to the top end mate or if you can sneak in at the bottom near Ford without being seen. Give that a bash.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Bearface Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Loch F*** Awe, that made me laugh!!! But oh so true!!

The furthest up we've been is a bay on the south bank opposite a very nice house on the point (met a farmer and talked our way into camping there), place was covered with litter when we got there!
Furthest we've been down the bottom was the small picnic/camp area between Durran and Fincharn, how come we have to sneak, aren't the locals up for people camping, private land??

Bearface

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down