I got some catching up to do

Go down

I got some catching up to do

Post  Lefty on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi there lads and lasses, I've been away for a while and missed out on all those new (to me) posts so I got a lot of reading to do in order to catch up on things.

When I say "been away" I've not been anywhere just not been bothered with the interweb for some reason. I've lost interest with Facebook, not been fishing for what seems like ages, changed my car (to another 10 year old heap!) and generally been waiting for the pike fishing season.

Don't worry, I've not been down in the dumps, I'm still my usual self and there's been no signs of my illness returning but for some reason just couldn't be ar$ed with getting on the laptop and going into cyberspace.

Hopefully now we are into the best part of the year and got that horrible hot weather out of the way, I've got reason to be visiting this site again.

I haven't been totally fishing free in my spare time. I've been given a couple of old 3 piece fibreglass carp rods (maybe dragon carp as they look very similar to my old one) and have set to on them converting them to 8ft heavy spinning/lure rods. For those that can remember, I tried this with my old rod but over stressed it without re-strengthening the joint and it let go with a rather loud crack whilst testing the spacing of the rings Embarassed

Anyway, it's good to be back and bring on the pike Smile
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I got some catching up to do

Post  Steve French on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:20 am

Welcome back Lefty Very Happy

Steve French

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Hello Lefty, And welcome back, Glad your illness has stayed away mate, Those rods will make great lure rods but they could be a bit heavy after a couple of hours working them, Let us know how they perform when they are sorted Very Happy
paddy pike

View user profile http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:45 pm

I certainly will Paddy! Very Happy

Glued the reel seat and grips on one this afternoon, tomorrow I'll be whipping the eyes on.

Can't wait to use it in anger. Weightwise it's not too bad.

Once it's got a reel on it and in use that might change though, it is fibreglass after all Smile
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:06 am

As long as you can balance it to the reel it should be a great rod Very Happy
paddy pike

View user profile http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:02 pm

Only thing left to do now is varnish the whippings.

Put my biggest reel on (Shimano Alivio 10000XTA) and the balance point is just in front of the reel seat. It feels quite good too. Gonna try it with the 4000 reel I have.
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down