PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

45lb pike thryberghh country park,rotherham

+6
noodle
Mark Green.PAC
John Dinnewell
bigchris
MAD BAD ANGLER
nickcarpy
10 posters

Go down

45lb pike thryberghh  country park,rotherham Empty 45lb pike thryberghh country park,rotherham

Post  nickcarpy Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:07 pm

did any one of you guys read to about the 45lb pike netted at thrybergh?pac are doing 2 dates on 7 an 28th of feb but its only to the selected few Twisted Evil thats the only dates an no extra fishing to any body else....fellas that fish on our doorstep is less than 2lbs under the current uk record.............wow just shows you whats in your doorstep.will try an load pic thats in paper Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

45lb pike thryberghh  country park,rotherham Empty Re: 45lb pike thryberghh country park,rotherham

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:44 pm

THATS ONE MOTHER OF A FISH. hate it though when the fishing is open to only the select few. stinks.

Back to top Go down

45lb pike thryberghh  country park,rotherham Empty Re: 45lb pike thryberghh country park,rotherham

Post  nickcarpy Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:06 pm

yes mate it stinks,you could be a member but its clicky; as they said.its been hush hush buut in last weekks rotherham advertiser on dec 12.my gripe is its a councel park, a publicly owned company.that means every body annybody can fish it but they done a deal to pac?whats the crack there then?any pac lads know or got there veiws ect?
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

45lb pike thryberghh  country park,rotherham Empty fishermans tale

Post  bigchris Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:06 am

its good to here that there is still some good size crocs still out there.BUT us fishermen and our egos wanting to tell the world about our monster catches will be the down fall and death of our sport.we are on a knife edge fellas.when such fish get to papers its often the death of the water.typical catch 22 situation.there would be no problem is eve ryone that fished was as passionate about the preservation of the species as all us on this site have proven to be Sad

bigchris

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:03 pm

While I'm sorry that the water isn't available to us all I do understand the PAC's actions as this means they can protect the fish from the hoards of 'noddy' anglers armed with poor tackle etc that simply want to make a name for themselves. I for one would hate to see such a beautiful beast caught and killed through miss-handling, or having to drag traces, weights etc behind it after a snap-off...

Personally I applaud PAC for their actions, sure it's easy to view it as them wanting to keep it to themselves, but I see it that they want to protect and preserve our big fish... Could you, hand on heart say that you could catch, land and safely handle such a monster, and return her unscathed??? I'm big enough to say that this one's perhaps best left in experts hands...

Back to top Go down

Post  John Dinnewell Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:58 pm

I assume this is the local pac region who have permission to fish it on these dates??, as the Pac in general are on Warping Drain 7th February and Chertsey Gravel Pit 28th February.
Simple thing to do is rather than beef about who is fishing it why don't ( if you haven't already) join the region if you are local.
I think you will find the place will be far better off with like minded Pike anglers who know what they are doing and have the Pikes welfare as first consideration rather clueless idiots on the water.
As for being clicky I have never found that to be at any regional pac meetings / talks I have attended, always been made very welcome.

To get an idea pop along the to Selby region meeting tonight

All the be best
John

John Dinnewell

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Green.PAC Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi Chaps

Thrybergh Reservior was a P.A.C event and there was only 12 places available for Sunday 14th December, The permission to fish for pike on the Reservoir was allowed because the Sheffield/Rotherham Regional Organiser of the P.A.C approached the council on a number of occasions at first with no joy but in the end the council agreed. The main reason in trying to get pike fishing allowed on the Reservoir was because the Trout anglers for years netted the Reservoir once a year and all the pike from jacks up to 40lb plus pike were killed. because the Trout anglers kept on complaining that all the pike were eating the Trout. Once we the P.A.C get our foot in the door so to speak we can insure that the netting and the slaughter of pike ceases. There are two further pike fishing events in Febuary, I appreciate that it does sound like that to be in with a chance to fish these waters you have to be in the Click so to speak but that is not the case. Access onto these events are just one of the benefits in being a member of the P.A.C, For £19.50 per year you recieve a quarterly magazine and you get the chance to fish events on waters that are only open to P.A.C members ie the pike arent fished for all the time or fished by noddy pike anglers. If you are serious about pike and care for their welfare then why not join the P.A.C.

Mark Green.PAC

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:25 pm

nickcarpy wrote:yes mate it stinks,you could be a member but its clicky; as they said.its been hush hush buut in last weekks rotherham advertiser on dec 12.my gripe is its a councel park, a publicly owned company.that means every body annybody can fish it but they done a deal to pac?whats the crack there then?any pac lads know or got there veiws ect?

why is it any different from the countless public lakes upi and down the country being turned over to syndicates for all these invasive species we keep seeing?
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:34 pm

sadly the fish died a couple of weeks later but who an lets hope there could be more in....i was not beefin as it was said i just gave my view.as me saying its clicking i will print the statement what the paper printed...details of the agreement which allow pac members to fish preference to rotherham rate payers have been surrounded in mystery.enquires by the advertiser[the paper]to ascertain the facts were met with silence,either staff who were aware of the details were absent or because those that were available had not been briefed regarding what the management are now calling trials'..even the pac website failed to offer any details because while other clubs days were clearly av ertised thrybergh did not get mention;neither did the site give details of any regional officials for rotherham or sheffied... that to mean means they even kept it from some members so the selected few could fish it themselves.....this is my own opinon an appolised in advance if people think differant an think iam wrong
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:57 pm

nickcarpy wrote:sadly the fish died a couple of weeks later but who an lets hope there could be more in....i was not beefin as it was said i just gave my view.as me saying its clicking i will print the statement what the paper printed...details of the agreement which allow pac members to fish preference to rotherham rate payers have been surrounded in mystery.enquires by the advertiser[the paper]to ascertain the facts were met with silence,either staff who were aware of the details were absent or because those that were available had not been briefed regarding what the management are now calling trials'..even the pac website failed to offer any details because while other clubs days were clearly av ertised thrybergh did not get mention;neither did the site give details of any regional officials for rotherham or sheffied... that to mean means they even kept it from some members so the selected few could fish it themselves.....this is my own opinon an appolised in advance if people think differant an think iam wrong

it happens clubs gain access in a variety of ways hopefully the pac will almost stop fishing on it altogether with just a handfull of days for members each year (best way to run a pike fishery)

as a memeber of the pac and on a local (regional comittee, region 31 south lancs if anyones interested) im happy to keep waters under wraps and allow the few to fish for pike ive had my fair share of soitary access in my time and im happy for other members to get the same benefits
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:06 pm

dont get me wrong i know the pac do a lot for pike fishing ie..welfare ect,iam not slateing them at all but if a person joins today how long does it take them to get to rank an get chance to fish these said waters?and who decides also because we all know an lets be honest if i could find a water an fish it an ad a choice to take one person would you take a mate or somebody you dont no,can you see my point
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:41 pm

Mark Green.PAC wrote:Hi Chaps

Thrybergh Reservior was a P.A.C event and there was only 12 places available for Sunday 14th December, The permission to fish for pike on the Reservoir was allowed because the Sheffield/Rotherham Regional Organiser of the P.A.C approached the council on a number of occasions at first with no joy but in the end the council agreed. The main reason in trying to get pike fishing allowed on the Reservoir was because the Trout anglers for years netted the Reservoir once a year and all the pike from jacks up to 40lb plus pike were killed. because the Trout anglers kept on complaining that all the pike were eating the Trout. Once we the P.A.C get our foot in the door so to speak we can insure that the netting and the slaughter of pike ceases. There are two further pike fishing events in February, I appreciate that it does sound like that to be in with a chance to fish these waters you have to be in the Click so to speak but that is not the case. Access onto these events are just one of the benefits in being a member of the P.A.C, For £19.50 per year you receive a quarterly magazine and you get the chance to fish events on waters that are only open to P.A.C members ie the pike aren't fished for all the time or fished by noddy pike anglers. If you are serious about pike and care for their welfare then why not join the P.A.C.

I enquired about PAC Region 26, my local region, & joining it. I was also informing them about an unpleasant incident that happened to me on a water near to their club meeting venue. I spoke to Phil Kirk, one of two local contacts. He told me he is stepping down after 20yrs & there is no longer an active group in Nottingham, a major British City Shocked Shocked He told me numbers to meetings have dwindled badly and that it was no longer economically viable to hire a room & arrange speakers etc..... One or two members have the odd pint at the bar of Wilford Moderns Rugby Club but that's about your lot Rolling Eyes He then tried his best to persuade me to join the PAC, after telling me this. Without local representation, i shall not be joining. I would sooner join a local club/association supporting local anglers & waters. On a National level, it sounds a good organisation, don't get me wrong. I support what Mr. Green has said on this thread about this particular venue Wink

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  santahill Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:15 am

hey bazz (and any others without a pac region) i know its prob a little bit far for you to travel but you'd be more than welcome to come to a lincoln pac night :-) its the 1st monday of each month eg. 5th Jan, 2nd Feb, 2nd March
http://lincolnpac.blogspot.com/

Rich
santahill
santahill

Back to top Go down

Post  John Dinnewell Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:34 am

Bazz wrote:
Mark Green.PAC wrote:Hi Chaps

Thrybergh Reservior was a P.A.C event and there was only 12 places available for Sunday 14th December, The permission to fish for pike on the Reservoir was allowed because the Sheffield/Rotherham Regional Organiser of the P.A.C approached the council on a number of occasions at first with no joy but in the end the council agreed. The main reason in trying to get pike fishing allowed on the Reservoir was because the Trout anglers for years netted the Reservoir once a year and all the pike from jacks up to 40lb plus pike were killed. because the Trout anglers kept on complaining that all the pike were eating the Trout. Once we the P.A.C get our foot in the door so to speak we can insure that the netting and the slaughter of pike ceases. There are two further pike fishing events in February, I appreciate that it does sound like that to be in with a chance to fish these waters you have to be in the Click so to speak but that is not the case. Access onto these events are just one of the benefits in being a member of the P.A.C, For £19.50 per year you receive a quarterly magazine and you get the chance to fish events on waters that are only open to P.A.C members ie the pike aren't fished for all the time or fished by noddy pike anglers. If you are serious about pike and care for their welfare then why not join the P.A.C.

I enquired about PAC Region 26, my local region, & joining it. I was also informing them about an unpleasant incident that happened to me on a water near to their club meeting venue. I spoke to Phil Kirk, one of two local contacts. He told me he is stepping down after 20yrs & there is no longer an active group in Nottingham, a major British City Shocked Shocked He told me numbers to meetings have dwindled badly and that it was no longer economically viable to hire a room & arrange speakers etc..... One or two members have the odd pint at the bar of Wilford Moderns Rugby Club but that's about your lot Rolling Eyes He then tried his best to persuade me to join the PAC, after telling me this. Without local representation, i shall not be joining. I would sooner join a local club/association supporting local anglers & waters. On a National level, it sounds a good organisation, don't get me wrong. I support what Mr. Green has said on this thread about this particular venue Wink

Baz why not grab the bull and by the horns and offer to help out with running this region? Fresh blood is just what it probably needs. You would get all the help you needed from the Pac commitee. You would be suprised with a little bit of work and effort how many Pike anglers you can get along to meetings.
I may upset a few on here with this comment but I can never get my head round why anglers who fish for Pike are not members of the Pac! I would certainly be interested to here why you are opposed to joining and hopefully I can answer your points and concerns etc etc.

All the best
John

John Dinnewell

Back to top Go down

Post  John Dinnewell Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:37 am

nickcarpy wrote:dont get me wrong i know the pac do a lot for pike fishing ie..welfare ect,iam not slateing them at all but if a person joins today how long does it take them to get to rank an get chance to fish these said waters?and who decides also because we all know an lets be honest if i could find a water an fish it an ad a choice to take one person would you take a mate or somebody you dont no,can you see my point

Nick, why not go to your next local meeting and then make judgement. You don't have to be a Pac member to go to these meetings, anyone can attend.
Ps it's not like joining the army, Name Rank and File!!
All the best
John

John Dinnewell

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:20 pm

I think it's probably fair to say that a fish of that size was going to die soon anyway, especially over this weather. It would be be too old to have spawned most likely as it probably wouldn't have handled the stress of spawning anyway. The fact it was caught before it died was pretty lucky but I think we're mourning a fish that was heading for the big lake in the sky anyway.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:21 pm

nickcarpy wrote:dont get me wrong i know the pac do a lot for pike fishing ie..welfare ect,iam not slateing them at all but if a person joins today how long does it take them to get to rank an get chance to fish these said waters?and who decides also because we all know an lets be honest if i could find a water an fish it an ad a choice to take one person would you take a mate or somebody you dont no,can you see my point

yes i can se where your coming from the pac have access to several waters, now what local regions of the pac havve access to is a different tale you may find that the local region can get on seveal local waters tat have doors shut to members of the public when it comes to pike fishing, and then again they may not some have waters of there own some dont

aside from the main pac comitee the regions are probably its best feature, but again this is only down to the members if they dont go or try and get a region running then its not fair to complain about the lack of a region as it is run by the members of that region not by the on high commitee
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:53 pm

[/quote]

Baz why not grab the bull and by the horns and offer to help out with running this region? Fresh blood is just what it probably needs. You would get all the help you needed from the Pac committee. You would be surprised with a little bit of work and effort how many Pike anglers you can get along to meetings.
I may upset a few on here with this comment but I can never get my head round why anglers who fish for Pike are not members of the Pac! I would certainly be interested to here why you are opposed to joining and hopefully I can answer your points and concerns etc etc.

All the best
John[/quote]

To be honest, Phil Kirk said he & his colleague would assist me if i was to take over this group from them.....but hey, I'm a newbie just getting back into Pike & have never been a PAC member. Surely there must be better experienced members of that group more suitable, they must be pretty desperate to ask me Rolling Eyes Lincoln once a month is not too far out of the way for me Wink

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  grahambrooke Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:02 pm

Bazz wrote:

Baz why not grab the bull and by the horns and offer to help out with running this region? Fresh blood is just what it probably needs. You would get all the help you needed from the Pac committee. You would be surprised with a little bit of work and effort how many Pike anglers you can get along to meetings.

All the best
John
[/quote]

Shocked Myself along with another couple of members on here fish for pike and aren`t members of the P.A.C. Why can`t you "get your head around the fact" that we simply fish for pike for the love of it rather than being in some "clique". Doesn`t make us lesser people or anglers. Maybe we just prefer to spend our time with the pike rather than the pikers. Wink
grahambrooke
grahambrooke

Back to top Go down

Post  John Dinnewell Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:41 am

grahambrooke wrote:
Bazz wrote:

All the best
John

Shocked Myself along with another couple of members on here fish for pike and aren`t members of the P.A.C. Why can`t you "get your head around the fact" that we simply fish for pike for the love of it rather than being in some "clique". Doesn`t make us lesser people or anglers. Maybe we just prefer to spend our time with the pike rather than the pikers. Wink[/quote]

Graham the choice of joining the Pac is purely down to each individual. The only message I am trying to get across is that without the Pac endorsing Pike welfare the Pike in this country would still be treated like vermin by fishsery owners and other anglers alike.
You would not believe the time and effort the Pac commitee, regional organisers etc put in to make Pike fishing better for us all.
Finally two points you quote " that we simply fish for pike for the love of it rather than being in some "clique!!!!!! What clique?? Have you been to a meeting??? sorry Graham but I think thats just an un-educated guess of what a region is like.
Also you quote Myself along with another couple of members on here fish for pike and aren`t members of the P.A.C. Why can`t you "get your head around the fact.
Not a problem Graham I can get my head around this and I have never once said you are lesser anglers for not being in it, but please I would suggest that you and and others don't get upset on here when your local Pac regions get access to waters that you cannot or will not ever get to fish.

Finally how about this for an offer the next regional meeting of Selby Pac is on January 22nd I will gladly pick you up take you to the meeting and drop you off afterwards so you can see for yourself what it is all about then make a judgement.Let me know.

All the best
John

John Dinnewell

Back to top Go down

Post  grahambrooke Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:23 pm

I do beleive that the P.A.C do a lot of work towards helping pike and fellow anglers and i thoroughly commend them for that. It`s just not everyone wants to be in clubs. Why is that too hard for you to get your head around? In all honesty this is why some people are put off by the P.A.C. and why i refered to it as a "clique" you make it sound like that if we aren`t in the P.A.C we shouldn`t be fishing for pike and we all know how difficult it is to find good venues but if you`re in the P.A.C other members may tell you places. It all sounds very "masons" like, secret handshake, e.t.c.
lol!

Only messing, i`m going to extremes there but do you see what i mean.

As far as complaining about the P.A.C getting access to waters that i can`t, just show me EXACTLY where i complained? scratch OOOPs, I didn`t. My only grudge is your statement about "I can never get my head round why anglers who fish for Pike are not members of the Pac!" Thats like saying everyone who eats salads should join Weight Watchers. Bit of a silly comment to make i think.
I fish for pike because i enjoy it, not because i want to be in a club. Everyone enjoys different things, and we shouldn`t feel pressured into doing something we don`t want to just because someone else wants us to.
If i want to join the P.A.C it will be my choice, and i will continue to fish for pike wether i`m a member or not.
I might take you up on that offer sometime but not just yet.

Thanks mate, Graham, Very Happy
grahambrooke
grahambrooke

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:15 pm

grahambrooke wrote:I do beleive that the P.A.C do a lot of work towards helping pike and fellow anglers and i thoroughly commend them for that. It`s just not everyone wants to be in clubs. Why is that too hard for you to get your head around? In all honesty this is why some people are put off by the P.A.C. and why i refered to it as a "clique" you make it sound like that if we aren`t in the P.A.C we shouldn`t be fishing for pike and we all know how difficult it is to find good venues but if you`re in the P.A.C other members may tell you places. It all sounds very "masons" like, secret handshake, e.t.c.
lol!

Only messing, i`m going to extremes there but do you see what i mean.

As far as complaining about the P.A.C getting access to waters that i can`t, just show me EXACTLY where i complained? scratch OOOPs, I didn`t. My only grudge is your statement about "I can never get my head round why anglers who fish for Pike are not members of the Pac!" Thats like saying everyone who eats salads should join Weight Watchers. Bit of a silly comment to make i think.
I fish for pike because i enjoy it, not because i want to be in a club. Everyone enjoys different things, and we shouldn`t feel pressured into doing something we don`t want to just because someone else wants us to.
If i want to join the P.A.C it will be my choice, and i will continue to fish for pike wether i`m a member or not.
I might take you up on that offer sometime but not just yet.

Thanks mate, Graham, Very Happy

how do for many years i was against joining the pac for various reasons with hindsight it was the wrong decision ill happily explain why i was agaist joining but only by pm.
anyway back to the point im not going to force anyone to join or harangue them for not being a member suffice to answer this question for me

if a one of you local waters was to be suddenly declared to be failing match weight down the carp are not growing fast enough etc and the club committe decided to remove/cull the pike who would you turn to?
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down