PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lives or dead bait

5 posters

Go down

lives or dead bait Empty lives or dead bait

Post  onetoner Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:50 am

nice n easy one for you guys south of the border who are allowed to use live bait, but what do us scots do,,, abide by the law and only use deads or bend the rules a little and continue livebaiting.
i have my own veiws that some people will frown upon but thats my choice.
at the end of the day as long as your not transferring fish that dont belong in the water i dont have a problem with using lives .
onetoner
onetoner

Back to top Go down

lives or dead bait Empty Re: lives or dead bait

Post  paddy pike Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:49 pm

I will be honest with you and tell you that i really love livebaiting, Its allowed in only one of the clubs that i am a member of, I think every club should use live baits but set a limit to the size, All this old arris stuff you hear about the bigger the bait the bigger the Pike is not exactly correct, I get all sizes of pike from one size of livie, But i have had great results on Deads aswell, The only people that cick off about the fish being used as live baits are the match men, They see it as you are killing there stock, They could be right,
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:42 pm

no problem on the dead baits infact caught my bigger fish on them......trout being a good choice:D
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:01 am

depends on the water. one place i know they just will not take a static dead for some reason but stick a livie in and it can almost be instant action most days.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:43 am

paddy pike wrote:I will be honest with you and tell you that i really love livebaiting, Its allowed in only one of the clubs that i am a member of, I think every club should use live baits but set a limit to the size, All this old arris stuff you hear about the bigger the bait the bigger the Pike is not exactly correct, I get all sizes of pike from one size of livie, But i have had great results on Deads aswell, The only people that cick off about the fish being used as live baits are the match men, They see it as you are killing there stock, They could be right,

Your jot using big enough baits then Very Happy
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:39 pm

noodle wrote:
paddy pike wrote:I will be honest with you and tell you that i really love livebaiting, Its allowed in only one of the clubs that i am a member of, I think every club should use live baits but set a limit to the size, All this old arris stuff you hear about the bigger the bait the bigger the Pike is not exactly correct, I get all sizes of pike from one size of livie, But i have had great results on Deads aswell, The only people that cick off about the fish being used as live baits are the match men, They see it as you are killing there stock, They could be right,

Your jot using big enough baits then Very Happy

lol! lol! lol!
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:46 am

those trout you buy frozen in packets are about the right size 4 to 6 inches long i find them spot on
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum