PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st boat trip on the river

2 posters

Go down

1st boat trip on the river Empty 1st boat trip on the river

Post  stubbo Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Been out on the river today its a 1st for me to fish on a river on a boat done a bit on the banks in the past. went up river for about 2 miles trying the odd spot on the way trotting a deadbait in likely looking spots in and around snags fallen trees etc but nothing happening got to a big bend in the river did the same but still nothing.River fishing is a total differant type of fishing that i am used to i had to decide which method would work out best like do i drift and cast lures and plugs , jerkbaits,crankbaits,spinners,wobbled baits its not like fishing a lake just cast out and wait for a run basically.Or do i drop anchor and place baits out around the boat under a float or striaght ledgered baits on the bottom its going to be a learning curve for me that i think i am going to injoy .Anyway tried most methods today but never really felt that confident think i need to get to know river and all its secrets hotspots not that guys on the river today just a few lads on the bank but they was,nt after pike so i could not pick there brains on the subject. one fish did wet my appitite i was cast a very big rubber replicant out on a jerkbait rod i bought about 6 years ago for this very day lol anyway winding this lure back to the boat this very big pike followed it right up to the side of the boat i mean about a foot away it scarred the bejesus out of me did not think that lure was anygood had it for years in my box it followed it twice but veared off at the last minute think it was knocking 20lb so i will be back with a few more rubbers i think
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

1st boat trip on the river Empty Re: 1st boat trip on the river

Post  catchafishy123 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:12 pm

blanker
catchafishy123
catchafishy123

Back to top Go down

1st boat trip on the river Empty Re: 1st boat trip on the river

Post  stubbo Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:20 pm

catchafishy123 wrote:blanker