I could not have made this up even if i tried

Go down

I could not have made this up even if i tried Empty I could not have made this up even if i tried

Post  Cobblemaster on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:39 pm

Nice sunny day so I pack my fishing gear. 2x bait rods, 1 x lure rod 1 x fly rod and head out fishing.
My missus drops me off at a secluded part of a certain loch. I walk the rest through the dense woodland and foliage. Hands fully loaded with rods/net/food/baitbag, and rucksack with tackle reels etc.
As I plough myself through the bracken I find myself wasit deep in a bog!, soaked to the bone. AAARGH!
Eventually I cast my rods out and retreat to a bush where i strip off, and hang my wet clothes up.
I notice across the bay there is a coach full of people, seems it was chinese sight see`ers. They where all out impressed with the scottish scenery and taking pictures. Then my bite alarm goes doesnt it. So I run out my hidden bush basically starkers to get my rod. Superb advertisement for scotland eh, chinese had a field day. Landed myself a decent pike about 7lb Very Happy
On my way home I avoided the bog, got lost and it was pitch black darkness and eventually crawled out to the fire track that my missus had dropped me off at. She picked me up, left the lights/radio/phone charger on turned the engine off and yes! flat fkin battery! 4 miles away from the nearest town up some firetrack in the middle of nowhere, still damp and a 4 month baby in the back. Luckily there was a slight slope and manage to bump start the car and got home safely.

Dont think Ill go fishing tomorrow Shocked
Cobblemaster
Cobblemaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I could not have made this up even if i tried Empty Re: I could not have made this up even if i tried

Post  stubbo on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Cobblemaster wrote:Nice sunny day so I pack my fishing gear. 2x bait rods, 1 x lure rod 1 x fly rod and head out fishing.
My missus drops me off at a secluded part of a certain loch. I walk the rest through the dense woodland and foliage. Hands fully loaded with rods/net/food/baitbag, and rucksack with tackle reels etc.
As I plough myself through the bracken I find myself wasit deep in a bog!, soaked to the bone. AAARGH!
Eventually I cast my rods out and retreat to a bush where i strip off, and hang my wet clothes up.
I notice across the bay there is a coach full of people, seems it was chinese sight see`ers. They where all out impressed with the scottish scenery and taking pictures. Then my bite alarm goes doesnt it. So I run out my hidden bush basically starkers to get my rod. Superb advertisement for scotland eh, chinese had a field day. Landed myself a decent pike about 7lb Very Happy
On my way home I avoided the bog, got lost and it was pitch black darkness and eventually crawled out to the fire track that my missus had dropped me off at. She picked me up, left the lights/radio/phone charger on turned the engine off and yes! flat fkin battery! 4 miles away from the nearest town up some firetrack in the middle of nowhere, still damp and a 4 month baby in the back. Luckily there was a slight slope and manage to bump start the car and got home safely.

Dont think Ill go fishing tomorrow Shocked
you love it
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I could not have made this up even if i tried Empty I could not have made this up even if i tried

Post  Winnsnapper on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:14 am

Mr Bean comes to mind Shocked
Winnsnapper
Winnsnapper

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/winnm/

Back to top Go down

I could not have made this up even if i tried Empty Re: I could not have made this up even if i tried

Post  Lefty on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:17 pm

Oh dear, you didn't have a good day did you?

Glad everybody is ok though. I tend to take a change of clothing with me and leave it in the car or have a blanket in the car for situations such as this. You just never know.

Take a look at my earlier post regarding fishing safety at this time of year:

http://pikeangler.forumotion.com/t158-winter-fishing-survival-tips
Lefty
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobblemaster on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:06 pm

hehe I just ordered full survival clothing, survival kits and a machete from surplus clothing :DDD
With the winter nights drawing in and darkness falling so quickly as you say you can never tell what troubles you can face out there santa
Cobblemaster
Cobblemaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamby78 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:24 pm

At least you didnt blank lol
Lamby78
Lamby78

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobblemaster on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:48 pm

true Very Happy
Cobblemaster
Cobblemaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down