PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pre baiting for pike

4 posters

Go down

pre baiting for pike Empty pre baiting for pike

Post  doug6364 Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:23 pm

i dont think its a strange topic, but does anyone pre bait for pike or do you use anything like rubby dubby what they use for attracting sharks. please dont laugh at me, its a serious question as i wondered if it would work. ive never done it. clown clown
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

pre baiting for pike Empty Re: pre baiting for pike

Post  bigt Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:29 pm

ive tried it before 2 different ways.the 1st way was simply prebaitingwith chunks of fish and the 2nd way i got 5lb of sprats and sardines and liquidised the lot in a blender then mixed it with a 250ml bottle of cod liver oil and mixed the lot together with pure fishmeal to stodge it up for feeding in my swims.i had more success with the 1st way for pike and the second wat i got alot of eels and not so many pike but the ones i did catch were high doubles
bigt
bigt

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:33 pm

doug6364 wrote:i dont think its a strange topic, but does anyone pre bait for pike or do you use anything like rubby dubby what they use for attracting sharks. please dont laugh at me, its a serious question as i wondered if it would work. ive never done it. clown clown

liquidise and then spod it.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamby78 Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:15 pm

I think the key to making it work is to be commited to pre-baiting ie regular and over a period of time i think just turning up a day or two before fishing and chucking in some bait wont have success due to the pre-baiting it needs to be done at regular intervals also try changing the time you pre-bait as to keep the feeding patterns spread over a longer period of time im in the middle of doing this at the moment with 2.5lbs of bait going in every 2 days at different point of the day it will hopefully draw the bigger fish in eventually when they get an easy meal out of it
Lamby78
Lamby78

Back to top Go down

pre baiting for pike Empty pre baiting for pike

Post  doug6364 Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:27 pm

i think your right Lamby. sounds like the way to go.

i guess its just finding an area which no one really fishes otherwise people see what your doing and then word gets out i spose. i tend to fish a local water and i certainly wouldnt have a chance in hell to do that there.

let us know how you get on in the area your doing at the mo. Very Happy
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down