Titanium trace wire

Go down

Titanium trace wire Empty Titanium trace wire

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:45 am

Has anyone else used the titanium trace wire? I bought a 5 meter roll (10 quid) of 30lb esox. I made my traces as normal as ive done for the last 20 odd years.... Twisting them. The problem is when i pull the traces by grabbing the bottom treble and swivel the wire always breaks at the bottom treble. I have no confidence in the wire after the 3 traces that i made all failed. Do i have to crimp the wire? or is it just a dodgy batch of wire??? One things for sure i will not use it again i will just stick to the drennan stuff.

Back to top Go down

Titanium trace wire Empty Re: Titanium trace wire

Post  karl83 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:07 pm

I use it alot and crimp it and i have never had any problems . I dnt think its ment to kink so twisting it might weaken it causing it to break .
karl83
karl83

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kell on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:13 pm

the drennon stuff is crap ? dont use it.
nevs is great but expensive I am now trying another which at the minute seems fine and has held with some girls hammering it?
i always crimp ? Very Happy
kell
kell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Titanium trace wire Empty titanium trace wire

Post  doug6364 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:58 pm

ive never had the need or inclination to use titanium wire. i guess you might get a few more pike on the same trace. i use drennan 7 strand 28lb and it has never let me down once. ok, it twists up bad after a good fighting pike, but its cheap enough to replace anyway.

if it aint broke, dont fix it !! santa rendeer jocolor
doug6364
doug6364

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skaman on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:39 pm

I've used the Fox carbo flex stuff since I started pike fishin about 3 years ago and it's never let me down.

I was advised to use it by a mate who has been pikein for years and has had loads of huge pike with it and no probs.
He told me when I started that with 20lb Diawa sensor main line and 40lb carbo flex and I'd never be broken off Wink.

skaman
skaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:28 am

multi strand or single strand ti wires have a lot of resilience think springyness twisting doesnt work it needs crimping i thought everyone new this as its the whole point of using Ti.

in fact there is one that is knottable but that is an alloy with a high nickel content

been using the stuff for a few years now both single and multistrand stuff from afw

Last edited by noodle on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
noodle
noodle

View user profile http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:30 am

skaman wrote:I've used the Fox carbo flex stuff since I started pike fishin about 3 years ago and it's never let me down.

I was advised to use it by a mate who has been pikein for years and has had loads of huge pike with it and no probs.
He told me when I started that with 20lb Diawa sensor main line and 40lb carbo flex and I'd never be broken off Wink.

some of the best advice you will ever get that i use the 40lb fox stuff and the 28lb drennan as well
the fox will eventually be replaced by ti i think although i may carry a spool 'just in case' Laughing
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:05 am

Its S--t I use Fox Carbo Flex in 30lb and it as never let me down.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobblemaster on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:16 pm

Human nature is always trying to improve always trying to get better things, its a costfull excercise. Titanium traces, lol what next, 24 carat gold trebles? Is it impossible for people to stick with what works? I remember the day I went fishing with a hand line, used bolts/nuts as weights and safety pins for hooks, I can probably guarantee that method would work to this day, titanium traces LOL

People are soooooooooo caught up in catching fish they have lost the true art of it, its sad, its the reason why coarse fishing, pike fishing is utter amateur, catch a fish wind it in.....woopeee take a piccie throw it back lol
Cobblemaster
Cobblemaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:31 pm

it could be worse, we could all hit a ball with a stick then walk after it and hit it again. Very Happy Fishing gives me the chance to dissapear for a weekend then go home smelling of fish and the missus doesnt suspect a thing Cool
matt859
matt859

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:52 pm

Cobblemaster wrote:Human nature is always trying to improve always trying to get better things, its a costfull excercise. Titanium traces, lol what next, 24 carat gold trebles? Is it impossible for people to stick with what works? I remember the day I went fishing with a hand line, used bolts/nuts as weights and safety pins for hooks, I can probably guarantee that method would work to this day, titanium traces LOL

People are soooooooooo caught up in catching fish they have lost the true art of it, its sad, its the reason why coarse fishing, pike fishing is utter amateur, catch a fish wind it in.....woopeee take a piccie throw it back lol

So whats the rod in your profile?

I use ti as its cheaper than stainless
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  skaman on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:03 pm

noodle wrote:
Cobblemaster wrote:Human nature is always trying to improve always trying to get better things, its a costfull excercise. Titanium traces, lol what next, 24 carat gold trebles? Is it impossible for people to stick with what works? I remember the day I went fishing with a hand line, used bolts/nuts as weights and safety pins for hooks, I can probably guarantee that method would work to this day, titanium traces LOL

So whats the rod in your profile?

I use ti as its cheaper than stainless

lol! lol! lol! lol! bounce Laughing Laughing

He must have got rid of the garden cane and got caught up in trying to catch fish affraid affraid lol! lol!
skaman
skaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobblemaster on Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:17 am

yeah , it is a pike forum, how dare me mock winding in a reel
Cobblemaster
Cobblemaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BradfordLad on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:25 pm

I really dont like the FOX CarboFlex is like washing line...I switched to Drennan its half the diameter and a bit more supple. It could pure coincidence but i've had more takes on the drennan rigs than the Fox ? The Titanium i've seen is like something that lift's your sheets after 10 pints the morning after.......Its really stiff and uncomfortable to work with Sad
BradfordLad
BradfordLad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spikeyboy on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:51 pm

drennen 7 strand in 28LB, bronze or green twisted and crimped wont let you down !!!! as they say " dont fix it if it aint broke " stick to what you feel confident in

spikeyboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:20 pm

have used it never had a problem with it ... goood for lure traces i use it for the main body of the trace then to attached the first treble use 30 lb trace wire ie drennan fixed ryder styl crimped simples What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down