tips needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic

Go down

tips needed Empty tips needed

Post  catchafishy123 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:02 pm

after another blank day yesterday,going to try another venue tomorrow, a big lake in wales,any tips on fishing this big lake?
catchafishy123
catchafishy123

Posts : 118
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 52
Location : warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tips needed Empty Re: tips needed

Post  matt859 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:04 pm

stay mobile if possible. If you have the wind coming from behind you use a drifting bait and cover as much water as you can. Keep your rigs simple and use big baits. above all else enjoy your time out fishing.
matt859
matt859

Posts : 478
Join date : 2011-12-20
Age : 54
Location : rugby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tips needed Empty Re: tips needed

Post  welsh piker on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:01 pm

catchafishy123 wrote:after another blank day yesterday,going to try another venue tomorrow, a big lake in wales,any tips on fishing this big lake?

What lake in wales are you going to fish fella, i may know it. may be able to point iyou in the right spots Smile
welsh piker
welsh piker

Posts : 348
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 48
Location : wales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tips needed Empty ok

Post  catchafishy123 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:36 pm

matt859 wrote:stay mobile if possible. If you have the wind coming from behind you use a drifting bait and cover as much water as you can. Keep your rigs simple and use big baits. above all else enjoy your time out fishing.
how long would you give it before moving?
catchafishy123
catchafishy123

Posts : 118
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 52
Location : warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tips needed Empty lake

Post  catchafishy123 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:38 pm

ive pm you the lake welsh piker thanks Very Happy
catchafishy123
catchafishy123

Posts : 118
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 52
Location : warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tips needed Empty Re: tips needed

Post  matt859 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:44 pm

I normally use two rods and leapfrog them in one direction after 20 mins. Or if the venue has a load of ready made pegs that you have to fish from I would fish one for an hour then move to the next peg. I would start on the pegs that have margin snags near them (remember Pike attack from ambush positions) and if I had no action there I would position my self so that I could drift a bait on the wind.
matt859
matt859

Posts : 478
Join date : 2011-12-20
Age : 54
Location : rugby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tips needed Empty Re: tips needed

Post  catchafishy123 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:03 pm

cheers matt defo do that, and caught my fish very close in, is that the norm?
catchafishy123
catchafishy123

Posts : 118
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 52
Location : warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tips needed Empty Re: tips needed

Post  matt859 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:34 pm

I dont know if it is the norm but the way I look at it is that they need cover to hide in and mostly that cover is in the margins in the form of tree roots, fallen trees, rushes, lillies and platform legs etc. The pike is a predator (think tiger) and the prey is anything that swims too close. Prey fish, Bream and Roach for instance will be in a big shoal in the middle of the clear areas away from danger. Pike and Perch green coloured roach and bream silver coloured. For the same reason I am never in a hurry to lift my lures from the margins.
matt859
matt859

Posts : 478
Join date : 2011-12-20
Age : 54
Location : rugby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tips needed Empty Re: tips needed

Post  stubbo on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:44 pm

matt859 wrote:I dont know if it is the norm but the way I look at it is that they need cover to hide in and mostly that cover is in the margins in the form of tree roots, fallen trees, rushes, lillies and platform legs etc. The pike is a predator (think tiger) and the prey is anything that swims too close. Prey fish, Bream and Roach for instance will be in a big shoal in the middle of the clear areas away from danger. Pike and Perch green coloured roach and bream silver coloured. For the same reason I am never in a hurry to lift my lures from the margins.
dont tell him anything matt....Laughing
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tips needed Empty Re: tips needed

Post  stubbo on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:56 pm

catchafishy123 wrote:after another blank day yesterday,going to try another venue tomorrow, a big lake in wales,any tips on fishing this big lake?
yes dont go back to the van for a brew .......
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tips needed Empty Re: tips needed

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic
 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum