PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Started - My First Golden Rule of Pike Fishing

+3
welsh piker
adie1200
Andy Webster
7 posters

Go down

Getting Started - My First Golden Rule of Pike Fishing Empty Getting Started - My First Golden Rule of Pike Fishing

Post  Andy Webster Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi guys

I've written a new article for the website.

Link to article

Hope you enjoy reading it.

Andy Webster Very Happy

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Getting Started - My First Golden Rule of Pike Fishing Empty Re: Getting Started - My First Golden Rule of Pike Fishing

Post  Guest Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Good shout Andy.

Theres no experience like being actually shown how to do it.

Back to top Go down

Getting Started - My First Golden Rule of Pike Fishing Empty Re: Getting Started - My First Golden Rule of Pike Fishing

Post  adie1200 Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:23 pm

Nice one Andy thats a cracking read mate And thats a motley looking crew on the group pic lol! lol! lol! lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  welsh piker Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:32 pm

Excellent andy, could'nt agrre more on the topic of going with someone who know's the ropes on pike fishing. pike fishing is on the up, but sadly a lot of so called pike angler's do not know how to handle the fish, or indeed care for the pike once caught..i know a lot of fishing mags are doing more on the inportance of care of fish once caught. ive lost count how many times when out fishing how many people who are fishing for pike, that have'nt the proper kit, un-hooking mat, landing net, forceps, etc Mad ,and when you try to just give a little info to them(most are gratefll for the advice, yet you get the odd-one,(who tell you F-off). But i'd encourge anyone to go with someone who knows what they doing, before going on your own..
welsh piker
welsh piker

Back to top Go down

Getting Started - My First Golden Rule of Pike Fishing Empty getting started

Post  doug6364 Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Great read Andy. very helpful to someone who fancies starting up piking.

Not a criticism, but would you not have been better off stating that the minimum b/s line you recommend is 15lb ?
The reason i say this is because you are obviously aiming this at the beginner, and they always go mad trying too quickly to bring something big in and may snap up. Also, if you state 12lb minimum, i reckon most people starting up piking would just go for that, which personally i feel is too light. Those extra couple of pounds b/s may just save a pike or two in the unfortunate event of snapping up.

Apart from that Andy, very helpful. Very Happy
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:15 pm

great piece mate,will pass link on Very Happy Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Andy Webster wrote:Hi guys

Link to article

Andy Webster Very Happy
just looked at the article andy good read pal
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:18 am

stubbo wrote:
Andy Webster wrote:Hi guys

Link to article

Andy Webster Very Happy
just looked at the article andy good read pal
Good write up Andy, Best bit of info is outlined in red, Top stuff mate Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum