drying off pike

Go down

drying off pike Empty drying off pike

Post  stubbo on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:45 pm

[img]http://pikeangler.forumotion.com/drying off pike 10710[/img] i just cant get this pike dry........
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

drying off pike Empty lol

Post  catchafishy123 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:50 pm

whos that!
catchafishy123
catchafishy123

Back to top Go down

drying off pike Empty Re: drying off pike

Post  karl83 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Tool needs a slap
karl83
karl83

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:54 pm

catchafishy123 wrote:whos that! it looks like you been drinking the lamprey oil.......
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:56 pm

karl83 wrote:Tool needs a slap
your right pal he needs a slap trying to dry a pike off in the rain as well Smile Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

drying off pike Empty haha

Post  catchafishy123 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:58 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
catchafishy123
catchafishy123

Back to top Go down

Post  skaman on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Must not have wanted to get his hands dirty/wet Evil or Very Mad
skaman
skaman

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:54 pm

Sorry but someone has to say it.
This realy is a no no,no matter what species or size of fish,a towel or rag has NO place.
Plenty gets written and debated about safe angling practice but most revolves around rigs,tackle,bite indication etc but its after the fish is in the net that most problems and damage occur.
I am not knocking anyone and the pic should remain as a reminder that there is a right and a wrong way to do things.
I am not one of those that takes a hollier than thou atitude,but firmly believe that if something is blatantly wrong it should be pointed out.
Regards Peter.
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamby78 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:18 pm

He looks baked Laughing Laughing
Lamby78
Lamby78

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:20 pm

catchafishy123 wrote:whos that! its you you plonker
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:40 pm

hurricane wrote:Sorry but someone has to say it.
This realy is a no no,no matter what species or size of fish,a towel or rag has NO place.
Plenty gets written and debated about safe angling practice but most revolves around rigs,tackle,bite indication etc but its after the fish is in the net that most problems and damage occur.
I am not knocking anyone and the pic should remain as a reminder that there is a right and a wrong way to do things.
I am not one of those that takes a hollier than thou atitude,but firmly believe that if something is blatantly wrong it should be pointed out.
Regards Peter.
ok pal lets set one thing straight i was in the wrong letting him use the towel a very wet towel i must say on a very wet day my brother is very new to this type of angling and very nervous in holding pike as you have guessed with some of his bigger fish you see me holding them and he was holding that particular pike for about 10 seconds having been fishing for pike for about 30 years i did not think that pike was coming to harm in any way like i said he does not feel confident in holding them if he didn,t have the towel it might have slipped out of his hands and maybe damaged the pike dont forget we all make mistakes when we are learning not trying to cover this over ......point taken pal
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:33 am

Had a mate a few years ago and he was scared of holding Pike but the sod allways had the bigger fish, So what i did was fish for jacks and let him gill them out under my supervision and he has become very adept to handeling the pike now, But every now and then he sort of flinches, I cant help it but i laugh my arris off when he does it, What i am trying to say is fish for a few jacks and let him handle the with your help Very Happy If you show him where the hand goes in the gill he will be right as ninepence Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:30 pm

paddy pike wrote:Had a mate a few years ago and he was scared of holding Pike but the sod allways had the bigger fish, So what i did was fish for jacks and let him gill them out under my supervision and he has become very adept to handeling the pike now, But every now and then he sort of flinches, I cant help it but i laugh my arris off when he does it, What i am trying to say is fish for a few jacks and let him handle the with your help Very Happy If you show him where the hand goes in the gill he will be right as ninepence Very Happy
i know mate its when they start to thrash that whats puts him off the bigger pike especially like i said he is still learning but he will get used to it the problem is paddy he has been catching big pike over 20lb,ers i have let him fish the best spots to get him into it......Smile
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:32 am

I think big pike are much easier to handle. Jacks are too energetic. The big uns are normally beaten by weight vs gravity.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:I think big pike are much easier to handle. Jacks are too energetic. The big uns are normally beaten by weight vs gravity.
you have a point there andy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:41 pm

paddy pike wrote:Had a mate a few years ago and he was scared of holding Pike but the sod allways had the bigger fish, So what i did was fish for jacks and let him gill them out under my supervision and he has become very adept to handeling the pike now, But every now and then he sort of flinches, I cant help it but i laugh my arris off when he does it, What i am trying to say is fish for a few jacks and let him handle the with your help Very Happy If you show him where the hand goes in the gill he will be right as ninepence Very Happy
And you did the right thing too, as handling Pike comes from lots of blood and experience preferably from a knowledgeable angler.
silvers
silvers

Back to top Go down

Post  skaman on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:44 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:I think big pike are much easier to handle. Jacks are too energetic. The big uns are normally beaten by weight vs gravity.

Too true mate, was helping a newbie get the hooks out of a jack and ended up wi a hook in the finger about a month ago, thank god it was debarbed Embarassed affraid
skaman
skaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down