Sunken float paternoster

Go down

Sunken float paternoster Empty Sunken float paternoster

Post  plumb68 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:40 pm

If your using a dead bait do you still need an uptrace with this set up
plumb68
plumb68

Posts : 368
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 50
Location : Nottingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunken float paternoster Empty Re: Sunken float paternoster

Post  matt859 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:49 pm

no
matt859
matt859

Posts : 478
Join date : 2011-12-20
Age : 55
Location : rugby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunken float paternoster Empty Re: Sunken float paternoster

Post  hurricane on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:55 pm

In most circumstaces no,but do check in the margins that your deadbait is not bouyant.
Having said that I employ an uptrace to be on the safe side plus its ready if you want to change to a livie.


Last edited by hurricane on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
hurricane
hurricane

Posts : 230
Join date : 2011-12-20
Location : West midlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunken float paternoster Empty Re: Sunken float paternoster

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Eh..... I would use an uptrace wether the bait us dead or alive. The point in the uptrace is if the pike strickes from underneath the bait.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Sunken float paternoster Empty Re: Sunken float paternoster

Post  plumb68 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:59 pm

hurricane wrote:In most circumstaces no,but do check in the margins that your deadbait is not bouyant.

ok will do
plumb68
plumb68

Posts : 368
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 50
Location : Nottingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunken float paternoster Empty sunkem float paternoster

Post  doug6364 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 pm

yep, uptrace always !! Be on the safe side m8. Very Happy
doug6364
doug6364

Posts : 689
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 55
Location : suffolk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunken float paternoster Empty Re: Sunken float paternoster

Post  plumb68 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:17 pm

Well what confusing me is if your just standard float fishing you wouldn't use one, or would you?
plumb68
plumb68

Posts : 368
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 50
Location : Nottingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunken float paternoster Empty Re: Sunken float paternoster

Post  stubbo on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:19 pm

plumb68 wrote:If your using a dead bait do you still need an uptrace with this set up
the rigs i use home made have got a wire uptrace never used anything else
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunken float paternoster Empty Re: Sunken float paternoster

Post  plumb68 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:20 pm

pikeslag wrote:Eh..... I would use an uptrace wether the bait us dead or alive. The point in the uptrace is if the pike strickes from underneath the bait.
I thought it was because a live bait can swim up towards the main line, but i can see what your saying
plumb68
plumb68

Posts : 368
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 50
Location : Nottingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunken float paternoster Empty Re: Sunken float paternoster

Post  stubbo on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:28 pm

plumb68 wrote:Well what confusing me is if your just standard float fishing you wouldn't use one, or would you?
why take the chance anyway all be it a small chance it wont make any differance to the presentation.
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunken float paternoster Empty Re: Sunken float paternoster

Post  plumb68 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:40 pm

stubbo wrote:
plumb68 wrote:Well what confusing me is if your just standard float fishing you wouldn't use one, or would you?
why take the chance anyway all be it a small chance it wont make any differance to the presentation.
I know it wont make any difference I was just checking before I use it
plumb68
plumb68

Posts : 368
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 50
Location : Nottingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunken float paternoster Empty Re: Sunken float paternoster

Post  stubbo on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:48 pm

plumb68 wrote:
stubbo wrote:
plumb68 wrote:Well what confusing me is if your just standard float fishing you wouldn't use one, or would you?
why take the chance anyway all be it a small chance it wont make any differance to the presentation.
I know it wont make any difference I was just checking before I use it
if fishing a normal float set up the line goes striaght up to the float but sunken float tatics mean that the line will be at a angle to the baited trace hench a small chance of getting bitten off does that make any more sence pal
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunken float paternoster Empty Re: Sunken float paternoster

Post  plumb68 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:57 pm

yeah got it gonna bag up tomorrow now lol
plumb68
plumb68

Posts : 368
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 50
Location : Nottingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunken float paternoster Empty Re: Sunken float paternoster

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum