PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fish Finders

5 posters

Go down

Fish Finders  Empty Fish Finders

Post  silvers Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Thinking of getting one for use on a reservoir I will be fishing in the near future. Anyone owned or used one at all, some advice would be much appreciated. Very Happy
silvers
silvers

Back to top Go down

Fish Finders  Empty Re: Fish Finders

Post  stubbo Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:02 pm

silvers wrote:Thinking of getting one for use on a reservoir I will be fishing in the near future. Anyone owned or used one at all, some advice would be much appreciated. Very Happy
yes pal i have one on my sea fishing boat and one on my small boat i use for pike fishing very useful bit of kit for finding features ,drop offs,reefs .snags and bait fish, depth
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:09 pm

What type do you have?
silvers
silvers

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:33 pm

silvers wrote:What type do you have?
lowrance on the seaboat a cheap garmin on the pike both are good and do the job but it depends how much you want to pay try to buy one with a good clear picture been looking at the humming bird range they have got some crackers
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  welsh piker Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:55 pm

silvers wrote:Thinking of getting one for use on a reservoir I will be fishing in the near future. Anyone owned or used one at all, some advice would be much appreciated. Very Happy

humming bird smart cast rf15.. cant go wrong with this model. it's a bit price'y.£220. money well spent, for features, water-temp, drop off's, digital screen, fish alarm..etc. Very Happy Very Happy .
welsh piker
welsh piker

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:40 am

I have had a selection of 7 fish finders in the last 13 years so have a fairly good idea of what makes a good one. I have had ones with No GPS, External GPS, colour and black and white.
The main difference in them all is you need the GPS if you are doing a lot of trolling, otherwise its not really neccesary. Colour just looks prettier but thats the only advantage I could find. The real important part of a finder in my view is the Degree of angle for the transducer (wider for shallow lakes and narrow for deep deep water) and the resolution of the pixels (Dots on the screen) the more dots the better the picture shown and the greater the degree of seperation between objects.

So I would sugest the one with the biggest viewable screen, 5" or more, black and white, wide angled transducer and at least 480X480 Pixels. Its a hard choice as theres so many. Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Thanks Lowdouble just the answer I was looking for as the choices are amazing and I didn't want to waste me money Very Happy
silvers
silvers

Back to top Go down

Fish Finders  Empty fish finders

Post  doug6364 Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:47 pm

I could do with one of those.......................just had 4 blanks on the trot lol! lol!
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Doug I am beginning to think you are trying to outdo me on blanks LOL
silvers
silvers

Back to top Go down

Fish Finders  Empty fish finders

Post  doug6364 Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Trust me Silvers, i am trying so hard lol!
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum