what are the chances?

Go down

what are the chances? Empty what are the chances?

Post  tomthepiker on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:32 pm

hello everybody im going to local carp pond with my dad soon and its got a lot of perch which im going to try catching some nice sizes with the prawns on the hook, but my bro is coming and i want to show him how well the carps fight there, he has never caught or seen one so basically what im trying to say is what are the chances do you think of catching some this time of the year i know its not perfect weather for them Question Question
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

what are the chances? Empty Re: what are the chances?

Post  big_d2008 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:45 am

Yea have a read up on tactics mate they are still feeding this time of year so there is always a chance.
big_d2008
big_d2008

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:46 pm

as long as you have a baited hook in the water there is always a chance. I would suggest simple rigs and sweetcorn as a starting point. Posh kit with brand names on it and expensive bait with brand names on it will not guarantee you a fish, especially at this time of year.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:08 pm

thats what im thinking fished there before just feeding the margins with maggots and sweetcorn will get them underneath your toes that was when it was warm just unsure with the cold weather and time of year still might aswell try ceers guys Very Happy
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:11 pm

depending on the water temperature in the margins and how deep the venue is I might also suggest a zig rig to fish in the space between the bottom and the top. The carp will have found the warm layer and be in that.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:27 pm

ye its not deep from outside in its a foot-8or9foot just a bowl shape or there is a rectangle pond pretty much same depth which is 4or5 foot deep which may be better?................or i take him piking and show him a MANS fish Twisted Evil
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum