PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi like to say hello

+3
hurricane
adie1200
johnnym
7 posters

Go down

hi like to say hello Empty hi like to say hello

Post  johnnym Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:32 pm

hi i would like to introduce myself ,my name is john 57years old and live in wiltshire.i have been into piking for over 30 years although for various reasons havent done alot in the past 15 years or so.i used to be RO for the waminster region of the pac which sadly folded .i have recently rediscovered my appitite although and look forward to tackling old esox again Very Happy my peronal best is 23lb 12oz from a local stillwater which was subsequently drained as the estate didnt want pike in their waters and was turned into a carp water.this was one of the reasons why i became dissolusioned with fishing as a whole as a lot of lakes around our way were going the same way.i used to fish the bristol avon alot and my best from the avon stands at 21lb8oz. my last trip was on the kennet and avon canal at christmas with 4 in the morning biggest 10lb 2oz no monsters but hey got the old juices flowing ,next trip chew valley next sunday gotta bank ticket .

johnnym

Back to top Go down

hi like to say hello Empty Re: hi like to say hello

Post  adie1200 Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi John and welcome to our site mate Wink

I moved it here for you mate Very Happy Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Hello John,and welcome back to the fold. Cool
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  craigpix2000 Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Welcome back to the wonderful life of headaches know as piking Laughing
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:12 pm

welcome to the site mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Hello and Welcome Smile
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnym Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:39 pm

cheers lads ,the estate lake i mentioned earlier was an abosulte gem of a water something every angler dreams about finding ,especially on your doorstep, wont name it( but it was on the longleat estate) and was never known to contain pike ,i fished it for roach and bream as a youngster and nobody had ever repoted seeing a pike strike or follow in roach so it was quite a surprise to get a phone call from a mate of mine that when he was feeding the ducks one sunday and small roach were congratting around the bread when a pike" mid double " struck the fry.seaon tickets had to be applied for so start of next season of we went .i arranged to meetr him about 6am and when i got there he alredy had 2 doubles sacked up for pics.later i had a 21lb12oz,fish that had never been caught before heaven eh! we then fished hard fo a couple of years joined by another mate of ours but the fishing was tough very small head of fish but all over 10lbs .there seemed to be a small head of males and some monster females and we thought it was a matter of time before a 30 was on the cards the lake record stands a touch over 28lbs caught by my mate all pristine, never been caught before. we then got hauled before the committe and accused of stocking them and subsequently banned for life .meanwhile my mate sent some scales to barry rickards to be analised and did some reasearch and discovered that the committee seemed to unwittingly have stocked them themselves as they had a load of consignments of mixed fish brought in from bowood estate.armed with this and the growth report from mr rickards we appealed and we allowed back in only the estate then put a catch and kill policy on pike fishing.we managed to get permission from the local water authority to move them to another club lake only for them to wiped out when a local gypsie park opened nearby due to long lining.then the state changed their fishery manager and mark simmons of broadlands fame was appointed, lake drained and the rest transferred to broadlands and become part of the circus.at this point i decided to hang up the rods as we had done all we could to preserve what was a gem not only to fish but just to sit and contemplate on a cold and frosty morning with some good mates .sorry to go on a bit but i thought perhaps a few of are insomniacs and needed something to read before you go to bed Laughing Laughing Laughing

johnnym

Back to top Go down

Post  HammieDaFish Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:37 am

Hi John

I fish quite a lot around the Salisbury area (I'm a SADAC member).

If you ever want to hook-up for a fishing trip, drop me a PM with your details.

Gav

HammieDaFish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum