braided mainline? help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

braided mainline? help

Post  reado on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:22 pm

i need some real help. i am brand new to pike fishing, been dead baiting a couple of times, now i want to try spinning and lure fishing. i havent got clue were to start with braid maine line. brand/strenth/ i aint got clue. can anyone help?

reado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: braided mainline? help

Post  esoxjeff on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi reado
whiplash is a popular brand, good price,30 to 50 would be ok, do test clutch out when you load braid onto a reel as it is not as forgiving as mono, but the feel of bites is tremendous.
jeff
esoxjeff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Slidze on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:35 pm

Hey reado Very Happy

Try this thread for advice:

CLICK>> http://pikeangler.forumotion.com/general-pike-fishing-f1/braided-line-advice-please-t18.htm

....also, make use of the search function at the top of the main index page......just type in the word "braid" and you'll find another 3 or 4 threads offering various advice on braided line Wink
Slidze

View user profile http://slidzenicely.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fozzy on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:01 pm

reado wrote:i need some real help. i am brand new to pike fishing, been dead baiting a couple of times, now i want to try spinning and lure fishing. i havent got clue were to start with braid maine line. brand/strenth/ i aint got clue. can anyone help?

Hi reado
you need to let us know more mate
Weights of lures you intend to use will govern the type of rod ,reel,braid and leader needed
A ballanced outfit is the key. Very Happy

fozzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumley Warner on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:44 am

Yallreet Mate,
Im fairly new to the game too and have just started using 50lb Power Pro for my lure adventures and it beats mono in my opinion hands down. I sorted my self out with the braid with the advice on the forum regarding spooling up, etc.

Esoxjeff is right, when you get a bite you can count the teeth in the pikes mouth with the feedback you get lol!
Not only that you can land supprise snags like shopping baskets, barbed wire, and old coats with ease lol!

The only problem I thought I had was with fade but as Ive been told and subsequently discovered it makes no difference.
Chumley Warner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top