newbie carper

Go down

newbie carper Empty newbie carper

Post  doug6364 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Yep, thats me. Just spent a small fortune on tackle for Carping. Line, hooks, leads, hook link materails. God its never ending !!

Gonna give Carping a go this year as ive had only a limited time fishing for them previously. Biggest is 18 3/4 Mirror, about 20yrs ago !!

Must admit though, i,m really looking forward to it. Will keep you posted on how things go with it. Very Happy
doug6364
doug6364

View user profile

Back to top Go down

newbie carper Empty Re: newbie carper

Post  matt859 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 pm

told ya id give you some stuff didnt I. Now youve started carping your going to get loads of munga carpy kit and you will end up spodding the granny out of it. Please try not to get too hung up on baits and flavours of the month etc. Carp are simple creatures and nice simple rigs with a decent food bait will get them every time.
matt859
matt859

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  welsh piker on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Turning to the DARK-SIDE Doug.. Laughing Laughing

You know what them carper's are like.. lol! lol!
welsh piker
welsh piker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Yer, i will keep it pretty simple Matt.....................Like me !! lol! I,m not into following the crowd, just like to do my own thing whether i catch or not.

Ive gotta do something Welsh, otherwise the missus will get me on the D. I. Y !! lol!
doug6364
doug6364

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:38 pm

got to agree with mat, dont get sucked in to all the carp fishing bullshit keep it simple, If you can find watch last series of thinking tackle it proves its all crap
plumb68
plumb68

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  welsh piker on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:39 pm

doug6364 wrote:Yer, i will keep it pretty simple Matt.....................Like me !! lol! I,m not into following the crowd, just like to do my own thing whether i catch or not.

Ive gotta do something Welsh, otherwise the missus will get me on the D. I. Y !! lol!

Doug, im on the D.I.Y all bloody week.. Mad Mad Mad

Hope you get some tidy fish doug, lets us know how you get on fella.
welsh piker
welsh piker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

newbie carper Empty newbie carper

Post  doug6364 on Fri May 11, 2012 6:32 pm

newbie carper My_car12newbie carper My_car13

Havnt been on the Forum lately, busy with stuff so heres an update.

Well, ive beeen trying this Carping Business over the past month with 4 blanks on a notoriously difficult water. so tried another venue on Thurs
( 10th May ) and had 5 takes with 4 fish banked. 14lb, 17lb, 19lb, and 20 1/2lb !! Superb.

The 14lb went first and whilst playing it the other rod went with the 19lb on the end. Ended up with 2 Carp in the net at the same time. All commons, but lovely fish.

The pics are the 20lb, and 19lb. The 17lb took an age to land, it just wouldnt give in. Fantastic takes. I think Carp fishing might take over from my Piking if it carries on like this !!! ( doubt it though !! ).

No Spodding, no distance casting, 20yds out on a 6 acre pit, just popped up Boilies with a scattering of a few here and there. Very Happy Very Happy
doug6364
doug6364

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 on Fri May 11, 2012 9:43 pm

well done. Carping doesnt have to be difficult. The angling journos deliberately write it that way so you think that you need to buy all the stuff they use in order to catch.
matt859
matt859

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy on Sat May 12, 2012 7:59 am

nice one fella Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 on Sat May 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Cheers lads. Going again on tues with my Bud. Hope to repeat the previous session with a few lumps. Very Happy
doug6364
doug6364

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Sat May 12, 2012 7:51 pm

Off to a good start there Doug Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Some nice lumps mate Wink Cool Cool

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  welsh piker on Sun May 13, 2012 8:36 am

Well-in there doug mate. cracking fish,, looks like you've turned to the dark-side. lol! lol! lol!
welsh piker
welsh piker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sun May 13, 2012 5:03 pm

For sure. I'm another of the 'keep them preoccupied' brigade and you can take them relatively simple tackle.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bigt on Sun May 13, 2012 9:38 pm

well done doug mate all very nice fit looking fish and to catch a 20 on your first outing will be hard to beat in the future mate good luck on tuesday
bigt
bigt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 on Mon May 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Update.... Update......................I blanked on tues, and again on the friday ! Never mind, as going again on thurs 24th May .

Just brought 3 Sonik sk4 rods and 3 Daiwa Windcast x 5000 reels. Superb, cant wait to christen them.....................hopefully !!

This Carping thing is getting hold of me fellas......................................................HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! lol!

Cheers for all the comments on my Carp pics.
doug6364
doug6364

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilley on Fri May 25, 2012 9:00 pm

Some lovely clean fish there mate, well done Smile haha i find carping can get a hold on ya when u catch a few, I got into carping big time for a few years, started on on various easier waters where a fish a session was more than likely with on a good day 10 or more being more than possible. Then I slowly started drifting onto waters that hold monsters, 40lbers that hadnt been caught for a year or two and outwitted the best anglers on the lake, mysterious fish everyone had seen in the water but never on the bank and..... BLANKED HARD!!! Time and time and time again!! Well that slowly started getting to me a bit, then one day while on one of these serious rock hard pits I saw some big tench and decided to have a go at them. One amazing weekend changed it all, id had fish of 7lb 10oz, 8lb 6oz, 8lb 7oz and my current PB of 9lb 5oz with me dad coming down on the sunday and having another 7lb 10oz and a 10lber on the nose! suddenly i was back to my all rounder self again! It will get hold of ya for a while but im sure it will never take place of ur pike fishing, especially during the winters, cant think of a worse time to fish for carp, soul destroying LOL
Pilley
Pilley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 on Fri May 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Cheers pilley. Ive never Tench fished before although i have had a 4 lber years ago. Ive always done piking really, up till now.

Dont think Carping will take over my Piking though. Ive done it since i was 8 yrs old, i just love it.

You certainly know how to catch the Tench anyway. Well done fella.

I went Carping yesterday ( thurs ) and just had one fish of 16 1/2lb on the new rods and reels which performed superbly ! Very Happy
doug6364
doug6364

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 on Sat May 26, 2012 5:04 pm

steady Dougie sounds like your turning into a tackle tart.
matt859
matt859

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilley on Sat May 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Tench to me are like you and your pike, I love them. Def the species id pick if i was told im only aloud to fish for one ever again. Smile

Congrats on the 16lber. I went for a session with me mate today and sadly the carp were on the spawn big time! Did manage 5 bream and a small 4lb Common though and me mate landed a new pb tench of 6lb exactly lol. The biggies def weren't interested in feeding though. Saw a nice big pike in the lake and an old guy a bit further down managed to catch a small jack on a worm Laughing
Pilley
Pilley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 on Sat May 26, 2012 10:41 pm

At least you had some action Pilley. Just good to get out there.

Matt, i think i am turning into a T Tart. I do like things the same and in order !! lol!
doug6364
doug6364

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  welsh piker on Sun May 27, 2012 6:37 am

Watch those Tackle-Tarts matt, they tend to walk with their nose's in the air. lol! lol! lol! .

Doug, carefull with this carp fishing,,, you be spending,spending,spending. lol! lol! lol!

p.s. Well-done pilley on that Tench 6lb, Chware teg.. fair-play nice fish. Smile
welsh piker
welsh piker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilley on Sun May 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Yeah its nice just to get a few fish on the bank, it was more for me mate than me. Me dads been fishing one of the pits today and saw a large KNOWN mirror feeding in his swim, last time it was banked I believe it went 38lb, the clever old thing didn't take his hook-bait though, but did like the boilies he was using so might have to get myself some of them lol.

@welsh piker - Thanks Smile Sadly wasnt my fish, was my mates new PB, my current Tench PB is 9lb 5oz, hopefully a double within next few weeks if all goes to plan Lol Very Happy
Pilley
Pilley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 on Mon May 28, 2012 6:25 pm

welsh piker wrote:Watch those Tackle-Tarts matt, they tend to walk with their nose's in the air. lol! lol! lol! .

Doug, carefull with this carp fishing,,, you be spending,spending,spending. lol! lol! lol!

p.s. Well-done pilley on that Tench 6lb, Chware teg.. fair-play nice fish. Smile

I hate to think how much ive spent in the past couple of months for carping Welsh p. With all the terminal tackle, line, rods and reels, etc etc etc etc, gotta be £ 1300 so far !!! Dont tell the missus, or i'll be sleeping in the bivvy !!!
doug6364
doug6364

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down