PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello All!!

5 posters

Go down

Hello All!!  Empty Hello All!!

Post  Pilley Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:21 am

Just noticed this section and thought id say hi! My names mark im 26 years old and from surrey. Ive been fishing for around 22 years now and have become quite fanatical in that time becoming a Pleasure/Specimen angler, targeting all freshwater species with some good results now and then.

As for pike fishing Im fairly new to fishing for them seriously. I had caught the odd few over the years with me dad, with my 1st being caught when I was bout 7, all of about 2lb on a spinner Very Happy . from then on i had the odd fluke capture while reeling in roach or spot of spinning for perch but never really fished for them seriously as my dad was more into his Carp, Tench and Bream fishing.

Then after leaving school i met my now good angling mate Shane who had been bought up fishing for these species as one of his main species. Although most of our fishing together was initially for Chub and Barbel we have slowly progressed on to enjoying winter fishing for pike and within the last 3 years have got into it quite seriously. Although I already had a good Idea anyways from my small experience, books and dvds, Ive been taught how to fish both live bait and Dead baits effectively and safely, as well as fish handling and care from his experience of this magnificent species. I have slowly built up a nice selection of tackle especially for the species, including all the tools and materials to make my own traces etc.

In these last few winters I have caught literally 100s of pike between 5-10lb and Recently had my 1st 20lber at 20lb 6oz from the River Mole.

Ive joint this website to learn more from the people who are passionate about the species and look forward to finding out as much as I can to help me catch more of the larger fish LOL.

Tight lines all

Mark
Pilley
Pilley

Back to top Go down

Hello All!!  Empty Re: Hello All!!

Post  adie1200 Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:56 am

Hi Pilley and welcome to our site mate Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Its a bit slow at the moment with the pike season now finished but still get a good few on Very Happy

Look forward to reading your posts Cool Cool Cool

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilley Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:07 am

Thank you Adie

Hahaha to be honest I did think that just after joining. But although I wont be fishing for them again till October Ill still check in now and again but be a lot more active on here when the new pike season starts.

Mark
Pilley
Pilley

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:44 pm

welcome to the forum Mark. Plenty of other fish to target whilst waiting for pike season to come round again. Very Happy
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilley Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Thank you Matt Smile There sure is, already got them planned out for this year too! Im after tench and crucians this spring/begining of summer. Then because I didnt go for them once last year, carp during the summer, along with eels. Come autumn/begining of winter Perch and winter back to pike Very Happy as well as roach. I like to fish for all species, but tend to mix it up a bit each year lol.

The ones I tend to go for every year without fail is Tench, Roach and Pike.
Pilley
Pilley

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:46 am

welcome fella Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:25 pm

welcome to the site mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Mon May 21, 2012 10:38 am

Ive got a couple of Fox swingers ? Does that count? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

This looks like tinned meat (spam) other meats are available........

looks like its been modded already lol
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Mon May 21, 2012 10:43 am

Too late Matt lol hes gone :-)
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down