PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best way to measure lenth off Braid

4 posters

Go down

best way to measure lenth off Braid Empty best way to measure lenth off Braid

Post  fishder Wed May 30, 2012 10:40 am

Hi I would like to know if anyone could let me know what is the best way to measure the amount off braid i put on my reel.I dont see the point in putting more than 50 meters on my reel as I dont cast all that far I have heard off line counters but there must be an easier way, I dont have a back garden so bank sticks and open spaces are out, any info appreciated

fishder

Back to top Go down

best way to measure lenth off Braid Empty Re: best way to measure lenth off Braid

Post  neilgriffs Wed May 30, 2012 12:24 pm

if you have got a spare spool then a line counter is a good investment imo, just measure braid onto spool then measure amount of backing needed,wind onto the spool it is going on to then you know how much backing to put onto the next spool to leave room for braid Basketball

neilgriffs

Back to top Go down

best way to measure lenth off Braid Empty Re: best way to measure lenth off Braid

Post  fishder Wed May 30, 2012 1:53 pm

thanks for the reply neill .

fishder

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 Wed May 30, 2012 4:50 pm

If you know how much line the reel reels in on a turn of the handle ( eg 1 metre ), then its dead simple. Ive just loaded up my new reels in that way and got each reel spot on. I just counted how many turns of the handle and did the same for all 3. 80 turns of backing, 290 turns of mono is what i did.

Even if its not a meter every turn, its dead easy to calculate.

Easy peasy.
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:43 am

Put 2 banksticks in the ground a metre apart and measure off (I'd say 100 to be sure cos 50 won't last long if you get a snap off or have to cut back for any reason....mind and back it up obviously) and there you have it.

It's the same principle if you want to cast 3 rods to a marked spot when carping. You reel in your marker till you've found a likley spot and once you're happy, clip up your marker rod and reel it in. Measure how many times round the banksticks you went. Put your marker back out to the same baited spot and then measure off all your 3 rods to the same distance. There you go, 4 rods to the same spot. 5 if you're also using a spod.

Simples when you know how.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:44 am

fishder wrote:I dont have a back garden so bank sticks and open spaces are out, any info appreciated

Do it on the bank....that's what carpers do.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  fishder Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Thanks for the replys good point about doing it when iam out fishing.

fishder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum