carp on the fly

Go down

carp on the fly Empty carp on the fly

Post  stubbo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:05 pm

went out trout fishing the other week not alot doing till a hit a nice carp on a zonker type lure. It didnt half give me a fight on fly gear it was about the 12 lb mark didnt exspect that......
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

carp on the fly Empty Re: carp on the fly

Post  bigt on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:56 am

ive caught a few carp on my fly gear,its very addictive due to the fight give you and theres nothing more exciting than surface fishing,ive never managed one on a lure or nymphs tho,well done stubbo mate
bigt
bigt

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilley on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:36 pm

I remember once I was sitting on me local pit half way through a slow 48 hour session watching a guy on the opposite bank ( about 250 yards) fly fishing! I laughed to myself thinking whats he doing fly fishing here, nothing in here worth fly fishing for, mainly carp and tench! Well an hour later all i can say is i wasn't laughing anymore as he landed a total of 3 carp, I didn't manage 1 out on the alarms or surface fishing for the whole 48 hours!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Might have to give it a go myself lol.
Pilley
Pilley

Back to top Go down

Post  bigt on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:24 pm

i highly recommend giving it a try i used a 10' 8/9 weight rod and the fights are immense
bigt
bigt

Back to top Go down

Post  big pete on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:41 am

stubbo.
carp (fresh water bone fish) on the fly is one of the best uses for a fly rod second only to pike on the fly. i fish for carp and pike on my local canal with fly gear, i get some strange looks and people seem to think only trout can be court on fly gear. iv had carp, pike, roach, perch and lost a nice slab bream once. i would love to get a tench on the fly as i think they are pound for pound the hardest fighters in uk water. i use a 9ft#8 for pike and a 8ft6#6 for carp, i got one on my 8ft#4 once witch was not a nice way to bring an around 8lb fish to the bank i was crapping myself for my rod the hole time the fish was on never done that again very stupid. i use bread chunk fly, mixer fly, daddy long legs, black gnat, sedge, may fly, for off the top work. and black cat, zonker or any streamer for under water work for the carp. for pike i have some lures i bought off the net, but i tie my own so they have no names but work well. when i get a chance i will take some pics and post them if anyone wants to see them. keep on going for the carp mate its great fun also have a go for a pike theres nothing like it trust me.

big pete

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:14 pm

big pete wrote:stubbo.
carp (fresh water bone fish) on the fly is one of the best uses for a fly rod second only to pike on the fly. i fish for carp and pike on my local canal with fly gear, i get some strange looks and people seem to think only trout can be court on fly gear. iv had carp, pike, roach, perch and lost a nice slab bream once. i would love to get a tench on the fly as i think they are pound for pound the hardest fighters in uk water. i use a 9ft#8 for pike and a 8ft6#6 for carp, i got one on my 8ft#4 once witch was not a nice way to bring an around 8lb fish to the bank i was crapping myself for my rod the hole time the fish was on never done that again very stupid. i use bread chunk fly, mixer fly, daddy long legs, black gnat, sedge, may fly, for off the top work. and black cat, zonker or any streamer for under water work for the carp. for pike i have some lures i bought off the net, but i tie my own so they have no names but work well. when i get a chance i will take some pics and post them if anyone wants to see them. keep on going for the carp mate its great fun also have a go for a pike theres nothing like it trust me.
went out in the summer and hammered the carp off the surface on a fly rod on dog mixers had about 15 carp to about 12lb ish.... while everyone on the lake never had a sniff that day
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

carp on the fly Empty fresh water eel on a fly

Post  stubbo on Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:03 pm

a few years back , fishing a big trout water caught a big eel mid water on a zonker actually seen the eel chase and nail the lure never had a eel ever on a fly rod and fly...... caught some nice eels on deadbait and ledgered gear...good fight too.
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:12 pm

Pilley wrote:I remember once I was sitting on me local pit half way through a slow 48 hour session watching a guy on the opposite bank ( about 250 yards) fly fishing! I laughed to myself thinking whats he doing fly fishing here, nothing in here worth fly fishing for, mainly carp and tench! Well an hour later all i can say is i wasn't laughing anymore as he landed a total of 3 carp, I didn't manage 1 out on the alarms or surface fishing for the whole 48 hours!!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Might have to give it a go myself lol.
that happened to me and a mate not long ago , we were pike fishing on a very hard lake, this guy came up to use.... about 50 yards away and caught 3 pike to 15lb in about 20 minutes....we never got a sniff that day ......just goes to show sometimes its a killer method....
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down