another season past so quickly

Go down

another season past so quickly Empty another season past so quickly

Post  stubbo on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 pm

is it just me or has this year just flew by .I promised myself i would do more course fishing this year but because of work and family commitments it never really happend didnt seem five minutes i was putting my pike takle away .Done i bit more sea fishing this year had a few nice bass and plenty of mackeral , pollack ,rays but those elusive mullet are a hard target on the fly but will keep trying till i do get one.looking forword to the rest of the season can be a productive month september as with the onset of winter upon us.
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

another season past so quickly Empty Re: another season past so quickly

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:30 pm

I hardly went fishing this year because of the weather we've had. I'm not saying I'm a fair weather angler only but the temps. never really got up this year and it was constantly wet or windy. I'm also sure many of the hatches and other bugs suffered as a result. I just haven't seen much activity fish-wise at all.

It was the worst year I've known for trout and bar 1 session, the rudd never really took off. I only tried for tench twice and failed both times.

I think I'll dig the pike gear at long last because I want to get some kind of fish on the bank.

Never known a year like it.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down