PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wind Knots - Braid

5 posters

Go down

Wind Knots - Braid Empty Wind Knots - Braid

Post  Chumley Warner Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:23 pm

Been getting a lot of wind knots of late. Never got em at all for 1st 10 or so outings with braid but getting them more and more frequently and its a right pain. Is im an idiot I have no idea how and why this is happening. Any help?
Chumley Warner
Chumley Warner

Back to top Go down

Wind Knots - Braid Empty Re: Wind Knots - Braid

Post  nickcarpy Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:37 pm

dip spool in water before you start fishing,i do that when spodding,it helps mate
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:06 pm

That's good advice from Nick.

Another tip is to do a few casts, using a nice heavy weight (as heavy as your rod will handle), starting off short, increasing in distance as you go and wind the line back onto your spool through a wet cloth each time to make sure the braid is lying tight onto the spool. This should help prevent the wind knots you speak of.

.....Regards.....Andy..... geek
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:06 pm

I loaded a spool dry a few weeks back & then found out (Tyram Hall Trip Wink ) from Adie, Nick & co. that it should be 'wet-loaded', so a few weeks later i set up my lure rod, put a 3oz lead on, crossed the main road outside my home, crossed County Hall car park & cast out into the Trent at 10pm one frosty night Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes . I then walked up the bank with bail arm open until all 150yds of line had played out, & then reeled it all in. The difference.. Shocked Its layed down so smoothly & neatly i couldn't believe it!
Thanx guys Wink

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:41 pm

Bazz wrote:I loaded a spool dry a few weeks back & then found out (Tyram Hall Trip Wink ) from Adie, Nick & co. that it should be 'wet-loaded', so a few weeks later i set up my lure rod, put a 3oz lead on, crossed the main road outside my home, crossed County Hall car park & cast out into the Trent at 10pm one frosty night

Did the braid get snagged in the cars that were going down the road Bazz? lol!

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:10 pm

Ha Ha no, I CROSSED THE ROAD with the rod & tackle 1st. Wink I did it on Trent Embankment, concrete steps that form the river bank for two miles. My casting is definitely not good for 200yds, 50 at best Laughing

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down