PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where would i be most likely to catch a Zander and how?

+2
Andy Webster
grahambrooke
6 posters

Go down

Where would i be most likely to catch a Zander and how? Empty Where would i be most likely to catch a Zander and how?

Post  grahambrooke Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:47 pm

I know it`s not quite a pike, but, where would i stand the best chance of catching a Zander and what methods should i use?
grahambrooke
grahambrooke

Back to top Go down

Where would i be most likely to catch a Zander and how? Empty Re: Where would i be most likely to catch a Zander and how?

Post  Andy Webster Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Graham

Although it sounds obvious, you need to concentrate on the waters that hold Zander as they are not (yet) widespread. This means the Middle Level Drain, River Severn, Warwickshire Avon. I don't know if there any prolific waters nearer to you. Don't bother with the waters that might have a few zander. I have fished a water with such a reputation for many years and I have yet to have one myself, and I've only seen a couple of zander on the bank in all that time.

Andy Webster

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Where would i be most likely to catch a Zander and how? Empty Re: Where would i be most likely to catch a Zander and how?

Post  Bazz Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:50 pm

A few been caught in the Trent, i have been told

As Andy says, not enough to make them a target fish for you from it.

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:52 pm

look it up pal on website cromwell mate,cromwell,only a 18 acre pond,rivers run for miles Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  grahambrooke Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:34 pm

Looked at Cromwell mate but couldn`t find much out about Zander, and at £12 a day it would be a bit poor if i targeted em and blanked. Does it hold a lot?
grahambrooke
grahambrooke

Back to top Go down

Post  wymo Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:52 pm

alreet graham
tyram is supposed to have a few zeds in there how many i dont know, theres also woodsets quary there was a picture in anglers mail or times last week of a bloke with one about 6 - 7 lb give the bailifs a ring see what they say
cheers wymo
wymo
wymo

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:36 pm

wymo is right
use small baits as they are not big zzzzzzzzz's, you may even pick up some nice pike as well, I did?
jeff
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down