PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help starting again

2 posters

Go down

Help starting again Empty Help starting again

Post  Dalesman Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:59 pm

As a returning angler I am looking to requip with rod reel and line. Looking to start with jelly baits, spinners and rapalas.

What sort a rod should be looking for, and casting weights .

Any body know still waters I can spin on in North Yorkshire when the local rivers are out of sorts.

Thanks in advance Lads

Dalesman

Back to top Go down

Help starting again Empty Re: Help starting again

Post  Alex Makk Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Dalesman wrote:As a returning angler I am looking to requip with rod reel and line. Looking to start with jelly baits, spinners and rapalas.

What sort a rod should be looking for, and casting weights .

Any body know still waters I can spin on in North Yorkshire when the local rivers are out of sorts.

Thanks in advance Lads

Depends on ones budget, and what he wants for the cost of his budget.

how heavy are you casting and on what style of waters?

Ideally you sound like just an allrounder setup. which in that case I'd suggest the following.

a nice general spinning rod of around 10g-30g casting at a length of 7ft or 8ft.
Shimano do some decent rods in the vengance range for around £30.
I'd certainly recommend their reels. a fixed spool of around 2500 size would be good loaded (& mono backing) with some sufix 832 braid in 20lb. I am a power pro user but I'm begining to like this sufix stuff very much.

if you have more in your budget, savage gear do some very nice rods named the bushwhacker, plus you could get a more high-end shimano too.

Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalesman Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Have bugdet of 150, already have a browning 7000e baitrunner. Venues will the Rivers Swale and Ure plus a few old brick ponds

Dalesman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down