PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Float attack

+3
matt859
noodle
tomthepiker
7 posters

Go down

Float attack Empty Float attack

Post  tomthepiker Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:33 am

I'm on the bank at the moment and Iv just had a pike swim to the float which is about a meter away from it then swims of so I real in And throw to where it was heading after nothing I start reeling in and out of no where the pike bolts at the float it couldn't of been after the fish because from float to fish it's about 4 foot away? It's got teeth marks all over my float haha amazing it scared the life out of me anyone had that before?
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Float attack Empty Re: Float attack

Post  noodle Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:45 am

Its quite common and the main reason I avoid drennan floats as they alwys ended up trashed when it happened
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:00 pm

Ha it was pretty funny Iv put some brown tape try hide the red colour it didn't pierce it but there is nice war wound on it
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:54 pm

Ive had a pike attack my spod as I was bringing it back. The funny thing was the bailiff was stood with me and I had asked him not 10 minutes before if there were any Pike in the venue and he had said no. His face was a picture...
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:17 pm

tomthepiker wrote:Ha it was pretty funny Iv put some brown tape try hide the red colour it didn't pierce it but there is nice war wound on it
ive had bass do the same actually tried to swallow it put a red and white plug on they should have it What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Iv been a muppet and left all my lures at home I put dead bait on and used it as a plug no hits or anything
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  treble Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:40 pm

a pike surfaced right beside my float last weekend, made wonder what was up with my bait? maybe the kinked wire trace and covered in trebles??

treble

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:11 pm

It happens fairly regular whilst trolling floats, sometimes over 100ft of water in the depths of winter. Always makes me jump too Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Old-CodJA Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 am

Yep, I guess it's not uncommon, JB & I were fishing a local drain a couple of weeks back when he had one that smashed into his float.

He hadn't realised that was what happened until he struck thinking that a fish was on only to retrieve the bait as if nothing had happened. He re-cast and the float sank immediately, reeled in to find it completely trashed. He was using a plastic tube style slider which he now keeps as a talking point, it is completely cracked down one side and has an impressive set of teeth puncture marks.

No happy ending though, the only run he had that morning came off. The language was more colourful than his changed float. Very Happy
Old-CodJA
Old-CodJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down